Author Topic: Milo Yiannopoulos: My call for shooting journalists was just a 'troll'  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/posts/1194490660688827

You’re about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists. The bodies are barely cold and left-wing journalists are already exploiting these deaths to score political points against me. It’s disgusting. I regret nothing I said, though of course like any normal person I am saddened to hear of needless death.

The truth, as always, is the opposite of what the media tells you. I sent a troll about “vigilante death squads” as a *private* response to a few hostile journalists who were asking me for comment, basically as a way of saying, “Fuck off.” They then published it. Amazed they were pretending to take my joke as a “threat,” I reposted these stories on Instagram to mock them — and to make it clear that I wasn’t being serious.

Headlines soon appeared claiming that I was “inciting” people to murder journalists. This is wholly false. The only people whipping up hysteria about killing reporters this week were Will Sommer at the Daily Beast and Davis Richardson at the New York Observer.

If there turns out to be any dimension to this crime related to my private, misreported remarks, the responsibility for that lies squarely and wholly with the Beast and the Observer for drumming up fake hysteria about a private joke, and with the verified liberals who pretended they thought I was serious.

It is a demonstrable fact that the Open Society Foundation and other wealthy left-wing organizations have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe it’s millions!) disrupting my talks, beating up my audiences and spreading malicious rumors about me. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this shooter — just like the last one at YouTube — is another demented left-winger. Let’s hope it’s another transgender shooter, too, so the casualties are minimal.

The Left celebrated the shooting of Scalise and regularly incites violence against Trump supporters. They are secretly delighted by the domestic terrorism of Antifa and they cheer on Maxine Waters when she threatens consequences for Trump administration staff going about their business in public.

I made a private, offhand troll to two hostile reporters, who breathlessly publicized it and like vermin their fellow journalists swarmed to remind the world how much they hate Milo. If the Left was truly horrified by violence against journalists, they would have shown it in the aftermath of Charlie Hebdo. As you all know, they didn’t.

P.S. — You guys should decide whether you think I’m “disgraced, irrelevant and over” or “so dangerous I inspire mass shootings.” I can’t be both.

Offline Applewood

I don't care if he was trolling, kidding, serious or what.  He should not have said those things.  And the same goes for Maxine Waters and the rest of the assclowns on social media and elsewhere even hinting or suggesting that people should be targeted.  All of them are inciting violence and terrorism and should all be in jail.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I regret nothing I said

OK, then live with the inevitable fallout.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Stop making stupid people famous. That doesn't just apply to Kardashians.

Offline edpc

You’re about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists. 

Hannity has already blamed it on Maxine.  I guess we can just say it was Milo Waters or Maxine Yiannopoulos.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You’re about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists. 

Hannity has already blamed it on Maxine.  I guess we can just say it was Milo Waters or Maxine Yiannopoulos.

At this point, for all we know the guy was taking orders from a 7 foot rabbit named Harvey.

Offline skeeter

I don't care if he was trolling, kidding, serious or what.  He should not have said those things.  And the same goes for Maxine Waters and the rest of the assclowns on social media and elsewhere even hinting or suggesting that people should be targeted.  All of them are inciting violence and terrorism and should all be in jail.

No of course he shouldn't have said them. It was pretty dumb not to expect they'd be broadcast for effect.

But if the charge is incitement to violence it does matter if they were said privately in an attempt to offend a couple of reporters.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:16:33 am by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

That's right, and I have no need to defend Yippinnippleless... But a private message, 'off the record', as it were, is a whole lot different than what Maxine Waters is doing, at the top of her lungs.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That's right, and I have no need to defend Yippinnippleless... But a private message, 'off the record', as it were, is a whole lot different than what Maxine Waters is doing, at the top of her lungs.

That is a good point and isn't off the record uh... off the record?

Offline edpc

That flit can say 'off the record private message' all he wants, but he's been in the biz and is supposed to know better.  Look what Connie Chung did to Newt's mom or what happened to Scaramucci.

Offline goodwithagun

Stop making stupid people famous. That doesn't just apply to Kardashians.

AlwaysTrumpers made him famous just like they’re attempting with Kanye, Kim Katrashian’s hubby.

Also, he texted it so he had to know what would happen. I don’t text anything I don’t want seen. Milo knows this. As Kelly Bundy said, you wet your bed now lay in it.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,322022.0/topicseen.html
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

@roamer_1 @Weird Tolkienish Figure

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,” the right-wing nationalist told Observer over text message, in response to a longer feature in development about an Upper East Side restaurant he is said to frequent.

When asked to elaborate on who specifically had upset him, Yiannopoulos explained that the statement was his “standard response to a request for comment.”
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

Wonder if he's learned any kind of lesson from all of this.

Offline edpc

Wonder if he's learned any kind of lesson from all of this.

Yes, the 'lesson' he's learned is that people, especially journalists, are sooooo stupid and just don't get how wickedly funny he is......girlfriend.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

^^^ THIS!!!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't know if we can say this was a publicly posted message on facebook.

Offline TomSea

Facebook should kick him out if this breaches some sort of rules. That's what is kind of interesting. I would not think this is acceptable.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
At this point, for all we know the guy was taking orders from a 7 foot rabbit named Harvey.
Pooka, it only looks like a rabbit.

Offline corbe

He's a flaming maggot. 
   He was always poison and deranged, even before Bannon and Trump made him their poodle for the gay vote.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No of course he shouldn't have said them. It was pretty dumb not to expect they'd be broadcast for effect.

But if the charge is incitement to violence it does matter if they were said privately in an attempt to offend a couple of reporters.

This nutcase apparently was nursing a vendetta against the paper for years.  I hardly think Milo is responsible for that.

However, he needs to tone down his comments.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

Milo saying he's going to sue the Observer, who knows if this is just talk.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer

Also, Laura Loomer was in these forum pages, she's pressing charges against Maxine Waters for kicking her.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That is a good point and isn't off the record uh... off the record?

The first mistake anyone can make is to assume anything is ever "off the record".  As far as a reporter is concerned that's just something they say to put the person they are trying to get information from at ease so they will start talking.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

The first mistake anyone can make is to assume anything is ever "off the record".  As far as a reporter is concerned that's just something they say to put the person they are trying to get information from at ease so they will start talking.

Like I had previously said....see Scaramucci.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Like I had previously said....see Scaramucci.

The example I use when I'm teaching soldiers about dealing with the media is Gen. McChrystal.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sorry Milo, no dice. You have serious judgement problems, even if you sometimes say things I agree with.
The Republic is lost.