Author Topic: Supreme Court Gives Trump Power To Fire Federal Judges With Impunity  (Read 990 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
he U.S. Supreme Court gave presidents more control over key jobs in federal agencies on Thursday, ruling that the way the Securities and Exchange Commission selected in-house judges who enforce investor protection laws violated the U.S. Constitution.

The justices agreed with President Donald Trump’s administration that the SEC, in having low-level staff install administrative law judges, infringed upon powers given to the president in the U.S. Constitution’s “appointments clause” regarding the filling of certain federal posts.

The ruling could reverberate through the federal government, which has nearly 2,000 administrative law judges who decide matters as varied as unfair trade practices, veterans benefits and patent infringement.

https://o4anews.com/supreme-court-trump-fire-judges/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline darroll

I know where he can start. Hawaii....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
he U.S. Supreme Court gave presidents more control over key jobs in federal agencies on Thursday, ruling that the way the Securities and Exchange Commission selected in-house judges who enforce investor protection laws violated the U.S. Constitution.

The justices agreed with President Donald Trump’s administration that the SEC, in having low-level staff install administrative law judges, infringed upon powers given to the president in the U.S. Constitution’s “appointments clause” regarding the filling of certain federal posts.

The ruling could reverberate through the federal government, which has nearly 2,000 administrative law judges who decide matters as varied as unfair trade practices, veterans benefits and patent infringement.

https://o4anews.com/supreme-court-trump-fire-judges/

Two great rulings this week.  I hope Trump can quickly send all the Obama appointed judges out into the world to try to make an honest living.

Maybe Walmart is hiring.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I know where he can start. Hawaii....

If Trump could somehow get rid of the entire Hawaiian government, I would be happy.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Kagan has come down surprisingly conservative in a few rulings.

Offline libertybele

If Trump could somehow get rid of the entire Hawaiian government, I would be happy.

If Trump would get rid of his 'heads' in the DOJ, I'd be overjoyed and this country would be in a much better place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Just to be clear, these are only administrative judges - not lifetime Article III judges.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just to be clear, these are only administrative judges - not lifetime Article III judges.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Thanks!   Saved me a little typing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If Trump would get rid of his 'heads' in the DOJ, I'd be overjoyed and this country would be in a much better place.

Yea. We'll have to wait to see how and if Trump uses this. So far, the "YOU'RE FIRED!" guy has been reluctant to fire anyone. Maybe the Comey thing has him running scared? I don't know.

We know Sessions should have been fired months ago once he recused himself from his job. Even Trump himself has said so. So what's the problem? What is he waiting for?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I don't believe there should be 'lifetime' judges but this is a good start.

Offline jpsb

Kagan has come down surprisingly conservative in a few rulings.

From wiki

As of June 8th, 2018, during the 2017-2018 term, Kagan has voted 94.12% in agreement with Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor, as well as 97.06% agreement with Justice Stephen Breyer. She agreed with Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Anthony Kennedy 73.53% of the time, with Justice Neil Gorsuch 69.7% of the time, with Justice Clarence Thomas 61.76% of the time, and with Samuel Alito 58.82% of the time.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
From wiki

As of June 8th, 2018, during the 2017-2018 term, Kagan has voted 94.12% in agreement with Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor, as well as 97.06% agreement with Justice Stephen Breyer. She agreed with Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Anthony Kennedy 73.53% of the time, with Justice Neil Gorsuch 69.7% of the time, with Justice Clarence Thomas 61.76% of the time, and with Samuel Alito 58.82% of the time.

Yeah,  not really a record of siding with the more conservative udges.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Good ruling. The damn DC bureaucracy is not the 4th branch of govt.
The Republic is lost.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
From wiki

:laugh:

Well you got me there but there was a ruling recently where she sided with the conservative wing.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This headline is completely off.

These are NOT federal judges as we know them - nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't believe there should be 'lifetime' judges but this is a good start.

Right.  Administrative Law Judges still can have a significant impact.  But they're not like district court judges who may handle individual cases of national import.