Author Topic: Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban  (Read 3470 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »
Oh buddy, I'm wait for that one with baited breath. The unions are the Democrat ATM machine. Look over the donation disclosures of Dem candidates sometime, particulary at the congressional, state, and local leve - the big money is all from the unions.

If SCOTUS would come out and say dues can't be forced, it would be a near mortal blow to the DNC. A seemingly small thing that could turn the political tide in this country for good.

English lesson ....

Gotta jump in here with nothing but good intentions.  LOL!

It's "bated" breath.    An abbreviated version of 'abate'....to reduce, etc..

Many years ago, IN HERE,  I typed, "hare's breath'.... instead of hair's breadth.    So accept this with no ill will, please.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »
I was just talking with Mrs. Liberty about that exact thing.  It defies reason that a single Federal Judge (not even Circuit Court level) can issue an injunction that applies thousands of miles away from his jurisdiction.

@Emjay, this may mean I'll have to stop teasing you about Hawaiian Judges.   :patriot:

If he could only fire Governor Inge ...
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2018, 07:55:18 pm »
English lesson ....

Many years ago, IN HERE,  I typed, "hare's breath'.... instead of hair's breadth.    So accept this with no ill will, please.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot
DC, your best one was when you typed "incest" instead of incense early one Sunday Morning!   I still smile when I think of the fun we had with that!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mrclose

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »
Oh goody!  Now we get to watch the leftie heads explode.... again and as usual.   :2popcorn:

The outrage is followed with ...

But, But, But ... It's only because the mean Republicans stole Obama's right to confirm his SC pick!

They dishonestly, or maybe 'conveniently' forget:

Biden's '92 rule: No lame-duck nominees

Mr. Biden’s comments cut even deeper, with the former senator saying in his 1992 speech that not only does the Senate have the right to reject nominees, but presidents shouldn’t even try to send one to Capitol Hill in the middle of an election.

“Once the political season is underway, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over,” Mr. Biden said in his 90-minute speech, which was so long it spanned 15 pages of the Congressional Record. “That is what is fair to the nominee and is central to the process.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/22/joe-bidens-1992-opposition-to-lame-duck-supreme-co/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2018, 08:01:43 pm »
@DCPatriot
DC, your best one was when you typed "incest" instead of incense early one Sunday Morning!   I still smile when I think of the fun we had with that!

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2018, 08:09:04 pm »
English lesson ....

Yep, baited breath is from eating anchovies.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2018, 08:13:01 pm »
Yep, baited breath is from eating anchovies.

888high58888

Offline mrclose

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »

Yes - because those expecting to receive their travel ban prize in the mail have to remember this was an executive order, not law. It’s a lot easier to overturn with the next person.

The ruling was much more than that!

The ruling 'confirmed' 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f) which allows the President to deny “entry” to “classes of aliens” he deems “detrimental to the interests of the United States.

Basically, the President has the authority to ban anyone at any time from entry to the US!

That is huge!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:21:51 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2018, 08:43:57 pm »
English lesson ....

Didn't know that. Must of gotten lost in redneck translation years ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2018, 08:44:47 pm »
The ruling was much more than that!

The ruling 'confirmed' 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f) which allows the President to deny “entry” to “classes of aliens” he deems “detrimental to the interests of the United States.

Basically, the President has the authority to ban anyone at any time from entry to the US!

That is huge!

Agreed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2018, 11:12:04 pm »
The Memo: Bannon takes victory lap after Trump travel ban win

By Niall Stanage - 06/26/18 06:18 PM EDT

President Trump’s former chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, celebrated the Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s travel ban on Tuesday, telling The Hill that it “is going to reinforce [Trump’s] belief in his own judgement against the naysayers.”

Bannon was one of the prime advocates of the original version of the travel ban, which was blocked by the courts. He insisted that protests against the policy — as well as the ferocity of the anti-Trump “resistance” in general — only fueled the president’s popularity among his base.

The opposition to the travel ban was “way over the top,” Bannon argued. More broadly, he said, media and liberal criticism of Trump “reinforces to Middle America that the opposition to Trump is unhinged.”

Bannon’s comments will fuel the ire of Trump’s detractors, as well as those who accuse the former strategist and Breitbart executive of contributing to the toxic political atmosphere.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/394288-the-memo-bannon-takes-victory-lap-after-trump-travel-ban-win
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 11:15:23 pm »
The Memo: Bannon takes victory lap after Trump travel ban win

By Niall Stanage - 06/26/18 06:18 PM EDT

President Trump’s former chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, celebrated the Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s travel ban on Tuesday, telling The Hill that it “is going to reinforce [Trump’s] belief in his own judgement against the naysayers.”

Bannon was one of the prime advocates of the original version of the travel ban, which was blocked by the courts. He insisted that protests against the policy — as well as the ferocity of the anti-Trump “resistance” in general — only fueled the president’s popularity among his base.

The opposition to the travel ban was “way over the top,” Bannon argued. More broadly, he said, media and liberal criticism of Trump “reinforces to Middle America that the opposition to Trump is unhinged.”

Bannon’s comments will fuel the ire of Trump’s detractors, as well as those who accuse the former strategist and Breitbart executive of contributing to the toxic political atmosphere.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/394288-the-memo-bannon-takes-victory-lap-after-trump-travel-ban-win

He's right!  The decision should have been 9/0.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2018, 01:06:52 am »
English lesson ....

That was presented with class, @DCPatriot
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2018, 01:10:46 am »
That was presented with class, @DCPatriot.

@DCPatriot has his moments! :tongue2:

(He's an old friend, who never gives up.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2018, 01:14:34 am »

Hard tellin... he may be ice fishing...  :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2018, 01:23:40 am »
That was presented with class, @DCPatriot.

Thanks.

...trying to turn over a new leaf.   

I've just been in a bad mood for the last ...sh*t....going on a decade.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:25:09 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2018, 01:24:34 am »
@DCPatriot has his moments! :tongue2:

(He's an old friend, who never gives up.)

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2018, 02:15:05 am »
Wonder how this will apply to unwanted people the UN invites in?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington