Author Topic: Founder of Virtual Reality warns we should all DELETE all social media accounts to avoid “mass huma  (Read 485 times)

rangerrebew

Founder of Virtual Reality warns we should all DELETE all social media accounts to avoid “mass human behavioral engineering”

Monday, June 25, 2018 by: Vicki Batts   

(Natural News) Does social media actually bring people closer together, or is it all an illusion with a much darker purpose? Jaron Lanier, one of the founding fathers of virtual reality, believes social media is a toxic space, serving only to leave people feeling sadder, angrier and more alone. In his new book, Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now, Lanier outlines a few of the most concerning aspects of social media.

It’s not a secret that the youth of today spend more time glued to their cellphones, browsing Facebook and Twitter, texting and taking selfies, than they spend in the “real world.”

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-06-25-founder-of-virtual-reality-warns-we-should-all-delete-all-social-media-accounts.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:38:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Twitter is not really social media anymore. It's news. I supposed you could set it up to be like social media, but mine is strictly for news, not chatting with my friends.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The problem with this, besides the source, is the pure chaos factor in these circles. Yes, there is a lot of social engineering going on with them, just like there always has in all forms of media. The difference now though is the open nature of the platform, allowing more organizations and groups to try to jump into that social engineering game. Many of these conflict with each other.  Instead of one clear line of social engineering, you have data asphyxiation of many groups fighting over different messages.

If one thinks deleting social media accounts will fix anything, they are greatly naïve.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Twitter is not really social media anymore. It's news. I supposed you could set it up to be like social media, but mine is strictly for news, not chatting with my friends.

The thing about Twitter and other social media outlets, is you can mold it to work for you the way you want. Yes, you can set up Twitter to be news, and it does seem to be mostly populated with news junkies. But you still can set it up to be about any circle you want it to be.

I have one twitter account that I rarely ever see a news story on, it is set up to be a very specific industry circle and I only see things related to that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Virtual reality was one of the biggest market failures in technological history. Could he just be jealous that people like Zuckerberg managed to build something far simpler and were more successful with it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024