Author Topic: Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'  (Read 12680 times)

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy
"He's the head of the country," Trump said of Kim Friday during a live interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "And I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different."
"He speaks and his people sit up at attention," the President added. "I want my people to do the same."
@CatherineofAragon

I am not "Trump's people", are you?  Dictator Trump does want us to sit up at attention like they do for Kim.  If you don't do it, off to death camp for you as that is what Kim does.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@driftdiver

Nah, the NT accusation has been worn out, not going to work, either.   

Complimenting the methods of a man who kills and tortures for sport is not "talking tough."  It's talking rock-bottom stupid.

Nothing new with Trump.  He has made a habit of praising dictators.  He see's the killing as strength.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-s-history-praising-dictators-n604801
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@CatherineofAragon

I am not "Trump's people", are you?  Dictator Trump does want us to sit up at attention like they do for Kim.  If you don't do it, off to death camp for you as that is what Kim does.

You're an intelligent person.

You know damned well President Trump was speaking about the people in his boardrooms, or meetings at the White House.

He surely didn't mean that he wanted to Preside by fear.  He just wanted their undivided attention.

...but you go ahead and carry on.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

You want to be numbered among the people who weren't bothered?  DC, come on.

You're a reasonable man.  My issue is with Trump's recent remarks, and that's all.  I understand he has to play ball with Fats, and that this process may in reality take years.  It's only begun.  But I'm not here for slapping the victims in the face.  I don't think for a minute Trump intended to do so, but that's how it came off.

Because you have burr under you regarding Donald Trump, the Man...not surprising you come down where you do.

...never willing to give him the benefit of any doubt.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

Some of you Trumpers are always claiming victim status about how unfair 20% of the Briefers are, yesterday Invar wanted nuked American Cities, Today txradioguy wanted to kill innocent children just because of some misconceived notion that we voted for hellary, it's insane.

* steps off soapbox
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:27:28 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

Some of you Trumpers are always claiming victim status about how unfair 20% of the Briefers are, yesterday Invar wanted nuked American Cities, Today txradioguy wanted to kill innocent children just because of some misconceived notion that we voted for hellary, it's insane.

* steps off soapbox

Bored, huh?      :laugh:   

Have 'Get the Gringo' on in the background.    ...Mel Gibson   

Online cato potatoe

Nothing new with Trump.  He has made a habit of praising dictators.  He see's the killing as strength.

Either he kisses their butts, or he blusters like Khrushchev.  Where foreign policy is concerned, his mercurial temperament is a real liability.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Either he kisses their butts, or he blusters like Khrushchev.  Where foreign policy is concerned, his mercurial temperament is a real liability.

I don't want to see the fallout.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@CatherineofAragon

I'm waiting for the classic interpretive spin on this one...what he really meant to say.  :whistle:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Kim Jong Un may not wear a 'blue turban', but I believe equally as dangerous.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GrouchoTex

My theory du jour:

After watching a new episode of Ancient Aliens, it was divulged that we have rods orbiting the earth that are designed to destroy deep bunkers.

...and North Korean mountains.   :whistle:

I'm not saying it was aliens, but....
it was aliens.

:beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

Donald Trump doesn’t just say weird things, he says weird things differently. He speaks a sorta short hand in a regional speech pattern. That’s been apparent since he first entered the race when he announced Mexicans were rapists and drug dealers – or so the media said he said.

He’s just not a liberal arts kind of guy, that’s all. He went straight to business college. I doubt he cared much about elocution. Ever hear how the financial guys on Wall Street talk? They could make construction workers blush. On top of that, factor in the media putting their own negative spin into every headline and around every Trump quote. Most folks read “my people” without hearing horns dramatically punctuate them: dunt-dunt-daaah!

Remember Trump’s a blunt instrument, try listening to him without parsing everything. You might gain a new perspective of the man.

I'm not offended by it.
I know his going to say crazy things.
It's what he does.
I know he wont follow the old rule of "measure twice, cut once" when speaking.
No, I don't believe he wants to be a dictator, but I'd like him to stop saying things that give the left the ammo to paint him as one, thereby painting the whole of the GOP and conservatives.
I know, it will never happen, Trump is Trump, etc.
Hey, I will still reserve the right to bitch about it when he does this kind of thing.
1st amendment, civic duty, etc....

Offline Chosen Daughter

Kim Jong Un may not wear a 'blue turban', but I believe equally as dangerous.

Well all of the discussion may be a bit premature.  I don't think that you can trust a guy that does the things Kim Jong does.  History shows that you can't make deals with evil people. 

North Korea is a place where a good majority of the population is starving.  Cannibalism is rampant.  Its an evil place of death camps and starvation.  I would hold off talks of Nobel Peace prize for now.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yet another NT mutual masterbation lovefest
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Has nothing to do with it.  Praise is not warranted yet.  Caution is key.  There is nothing as of yet to get excited about.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Well then go and hang at wherever you ForeverTrump®s engage in uniform gratification of one another if you're so put off by the agreement we are having here on this board.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

???? So exactly what do you think President Trump has accomplished as a result of this meeting??  Assuming what is going to happen in the future is very foolish.  Perhaps you have a crystal ball and if so, please enlighten us. Kim Jong Un has murdered his own people, starves them, tortures them, etc., so do you really think that him sitting down with Trump and smokin' a peace pipe is going to change his character? 

What is it about this crazed mad man makes you believe a word of what's being reported that he said? Do you honestly believe that Trump has some innate ability to sense Kim's next move? Or, perhaps their personalities are so similar that Trump knows how he thinks?  That's a scary thought now, isn't it?

One meeting with this guy and we're supposed to be all warm, fuzzy, trusting and patting him on the back?  Really?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:04:47 pm by libertybele »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Those Mushroom clouds are very pretty when they light up the sky at midnight.  What's a little fallout amoungst frenimies.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@Victoria33

Trump is our employee, and he needs to understand that it's time to think before speaking. 

Silver Pines

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-s-history-praising-dictators-n604801

@Chosen Daughter

I think in a way he does.  I don't believe he has malice in his heart toward the repressed people, but it's a simplistic, one-sided way of thinking.

Silver Pines

Because you have burr under you regarding Donald Trump, the Man...not surprising you come down where you do.

@DCPatriot

That's as broke-down as an old car up on blocks, DC, and dishonest, too.  My last post to you proves as much.  You want me to sob with infatuation or go home.

It's time to turn things around.  Why don't you show us an instance where you've criticized Trump for something.  You never say a single negative thing where he's concerned. 

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

That's as broke-down as an old car up on blocks, DC, and dishonest, too.  My last post to you proves as much.  You want me to sob with infatuation or go home.

It's time to turn things around.  Why don't you show us an instance where you've criticized Trump for something.  You never say a single negative thing where he's concerned.

Like hell I don't.

Came out against the budget and not at all happy with the potential trade wars with China, et al...due to tariffs.

BUT at the same time, I understand why he did both.   :laugh:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Like hell I don't.

Came out against the budget and not at all happy with the potential trade wars with China, et al...due to tariffs.

@DCPatriot

You're not supposed to think.  Just condemn everything he says or does.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

Like hell I don't.

@DCPatriot

Okay, fair enough.  Then pay attention when I give him credit.   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

President Trump has done some really good things and I say that without hesitation.  He's also walked back on a lot of issues and I'm not willing to give him a free pass.  He works for us.  We do NOT work for him.  Sure, I can give him the benefit of the doubt, but I sure as hell am NOT willing to give Kim Jong Un the benefit of the doubt, nor a pat on the back! That would be absolute sheer lunacy!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:39:29 pm by libertybele »