Author Topic: Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'  (Read 12580 times)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon I have a plan that is or oven to work.

Peace through strength.

@txradioguy

Reagan held to that a lot, didn't he?  Like you said earlier, can you imagine him saying something as rock-bottom stupid as what Trump said today? 

I believe he always stood with the dissidents in repressed countries and tried to give them hope.  Right?  So those who think it's a weakness to give a damn about this

can miss me. 

They know better. 

Silver Pines

Just a short time ago you all were saying NK couldn't build nukes.  Then you said he couldn't build a rocket.  Then you said he couldnt build a icbm.

They've done all that and you all are still suggesting appeasement works.

@driftdiver

So appeasement is avoiding dumb--s remarks to the press?  By that standard, Reagan was an appeaser.

Not working.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

And I could give a crap what he says.  It's what he does that's important.  Hes what we have to work with.

@driftdiver

Then you're in a minority and you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction to this latest remark.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

So appeasement is avoiding dumb--s remarks to the press?  By that standard, Reagan was an appeaser.

Not working.

@CatherineofAragon

If it furthers the peace process who cares.  If he talks tough you complain.  If he talks nice you complain.

Basically no matter what he does you complain.

I'm sensing a trend
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

Then you're in a minority and you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction to this latest remark.

Actually I'm not.  Most people just want the nuke threat gone. They dont care what he says to make that happen.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

If it furthers the peace process who cares.  If he talks tough you complain.  If he talks nice you complain.

Basically no matter what he does you complain.

I'm sensing a trend

@driftdiver

Nah, the NT accusation has been worn out, not going to work, either.   

Complimenting the methods of a man who kills and tortures for sport is not "talking tough."  It's talking rock-bottom stupid.

Silver Pines

Actually I'm not.  Most people just want the nuke threat gone. They dont care what he says to make that happen.

@driftdiver

You are.  Trust me.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@txradioguy

Reagan held to that a lot, didn't he?  Like you said earlier, can you imagine him saying something as rock-bottom stupid as what Trump said today? 

I believe he always stood with the dissidents in repressed countries and tried to give them hope.  Right?  So those who think it's a weakness to give a damn about this

can miss me. 

They know better.

@CatherineofAragon

That's not fair.

It's tantamount to the 3 minute informercial for starving and mistreated cats and dogs, where you can save a life for $19 per month.

Those pics have been going on for generations.  In several parts of the world.

Right now, the focus is to stop testing and start dismantling. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:05:56 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

That's not fair.

It's tantamount to the 3 minute informercial for starving and mistreated cats and dogs, where you can save a life for $19 per month.

Those pics have been going on for generations.  In several parts of the world.

Right now, the focus is to stop testing and start dismantling.

@DCPatriot

Of course it's fair.  It's reality and it's contextual.  Downplay it all you want, but your guy needs to stop complimenting the methods of the man who's responsible for that photo.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

can miss me. 

They know better.

@CatherineofAragon he certainly did. 

When Reagan spoke of the “evil empire,” he was stating a metaphysical truth that every dissident in Stasi, Securitate, or KGB prison cells knew to be true. I know this because more than 150 of these dissidents later told me their own stories from the “evil empire.” Although the pundits in Europe and America ridiculed him, President Reagan understood that the conflict with communism had a spiritual dimension, as well as political and economic ramifications.

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2011/02/remembering-ronald-reagan.html

Can't see Trump at this point being that brave.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

Of course it's fair.  It's reality and it's contextual.  Downplay it all you want, but your guy needs to stop complimenting the methods of the man who's responsible for that photo.

Stalin starved upwards of 8 million people in the Ukraine. 

...didn't seem to bother anybody at Yalta or Potsdam.    :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Why are we working with this guy? We don't have to go back to the 1940s, why are we dealing with China?  I'm sure there are other cases.

Duterte is not Kim; but you could say he's bad enough.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:20:53 am by TomSea »

Silver Pines

Stalin starved upwards of 8 million people in the Ukraine. 

...didn't seem to bother anybody at Yalta or Potsdam.    :shrug:

@DCPatriot

You want to be numbered among the people who weren't bothered?  DC, come on.

You're a reasonable man.  My issue is with Trump's recent remarks, and that's all.  I understand he has to play ball with Fats, and that this process may in reality take years.  It's only begun.  But I'm not here for slapping the victims in the face.  I don't think for a minute Trump intended to do so, but that's how it came off. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Why are we working with this guy? We don't have to go back to the 1940s, why are we dealing with China?  I'm sure there are other cases.

Duterte is not Kim; but you could say he's bad enough.

Actuly the US has been doing a lot recently to distance itself from Duarte and his thuggish behavior.

Better luck next time Tom on the moral equivalency.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:26:27 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

Nah, the NT accusation has been worn out, not going to work, either.   

Complimenting the methods of a man who kills and tortures for sport is not "talking tough."  It's talking rock-bottom stupid.

@CatherineofAragon

Sure go ahead and insult him.  See what that gets ya.

I'm done with ya.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Sure go ahead and insult him.  See what that gets ya.

I'm done with ya.

@driftdiver

Actually you were done when you started.

Offline aligncare

@aligncare

Oh, just stop it with the Trumpsplaining voodoo.  It has nothing to do with any of that and you know it.  Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself.

I’m not embarrassed in the least by my insightful analyses. But, between you and me, you should be embarrassed by your dependency on using clichés and memes to make your points.

Offline libertybele

Being nice to someone like Kim is like petting a tiger...just because he's purring at this moment doesn't mean he won't eat you in a heartbeat and go on about his way.

It's utter madness that people here think praising a murdering thug will someho make him change his ways.

What will the excuses be if it's actually Trump and the U.S. get played.

That has also been my thought and fear.  If indeed Trump is deliberately stroking the ego of this mad man because he trusts and believes in what he says, that IMHO borders on sheer lunacy.

I certainly don't think it's in President Trump's character to ignore the inhumanity Kim Jung Un has inflicted upon people and his primary focus is to first dismantle and disarm him.  I do though believe it is a possibility that Trump's ego may have gotten in the way of critically evaluating him during their meeting and may in fact have let his guard down and that is a huge concern. Yes, President Trump was able to accomplish meeting face to face with Kim Jung Un, but what happens now as a result of that meeting remains to be seen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

The Korean holocaust citations may well be prior to Little Kim Jong Un, did you think about this? That is when the "Aquariums of Pyongyang" was written.

It seems to me, North Korea carried out these violations well before Trump,

Obama, Bush, Clinton and probably Bush again, all dealt with this. So, why talk about Trump in this case?

And whatever the source, one can diss it, that doesn't change the fact, that these prior administrations dealt with North Korea and the Kim dynasty.

Both the Clinton and Bush administrations played a key role in helping the late Kim Jong-Il develop North Korea’s nuclear prowess from the mid 1990’s onwards.

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld presided over a $200 million dollar contract to deliver equipment and services to build two light water reactor stations in North Korea in January 2000 when he was an executive director of ABB (Asea Brown Boveri). Wolfram Eberhardt, a spokesman for ABB confirmed that Rumsfeld was at nearly all the board meetings during his involvement with the company.

https://www.infowars.com/who-gave-north-korea-nukes-in-the-first-place/

Other sources say the same,  it'll be a cold day in July that we hear these complaints about these prior presidents. What would have kept Dubya from acting? Nothing at all.

Offline TomSea

China's accused of all kinds of horrors, some previous presidents gave them or renewed their Most Favored Nation status economically. Guess who?

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-06-03/opinion/op-670_1_most-favored-nation-bush-administration-favored-nation-trading-status

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
   Gee you NT'ers are all the same
   You might as well fess up @txradioguy as to how many kids you're willing to sacrifice, @INVAR just admitted yesterday he's willing to give up 2 NUKED medium sized American Cities to prove Trump's approach WRONG!

I did?

Where did I say such a thing or even insinuate it?

Did TomSea or Driftdriver hypnotize you with repeating accusatory mantras again?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

I did?

Where did I say such a thing or even insinuate it?

Did TomSea or Driftdriver hypnotize you with repeating accusatory mantras again?

Guilty as Charged, Sir.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
All the Trumpanalysis and divination into the justifications for what Trump has done with Lil' Kim is like a bad reverb deja-vu trip back to October 18, 1994 when William Jefferson Blythe "Slick" Clinton said and assured everyone on earth of the following:

"This agreement is good for the United States, good for our allies, and good for the safety of the entire world.  This framework agreement represents the first step on the road to a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula” - Bill Clinton October 18, 1994.

I feel the sense that once again in short order - the fools who are now saying similar things promised 24 years ago - will once again proven to be nothing more than wishful pipe dreams from a hookah.

Now as then, the US offered huge concessions in exchange for few assurances that turned out to be total bunk as the Norks played Clinton and Gallucci like fiddles and took the 5 billion for parts to supposedly build a nuclear reactor to produce electricity - and instead Jong Il used it to upgrade their ability to create not only nukes - but experiment with the new Loral Space tech for ballistic Missiles China would get for campaign contributions just two years later.

But it is interesting to read all the justifications for why this was such an incredible success without a single shred of proof or evidence that Deja-Vu isn't happening all over again - and for nearly identical reasons stated now as back then.

Once again, the zeitgeist is screaming that the intentions are more important and are of need to be celebrated rather than waiting for substance and tangible verifications or proofs of success.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

At least a link instead of just cutting and pasting with no source at all,
    On North Korea, Trump deserves more latitude and less attitude

by Marc A. Thiessen June 15 at 7:55 AM

Well, that didn’t take long. President Trump had barely departed Singapore when Democrats in Washington unleashed scathing attacks over his meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. “What the United States has gained is vague and unverifiable at best. What North Korea has gained, however, is tangible and lasting,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) fumed. “In his haste to reach an agreement, President Trump elevated North Korea to the level of the United States while preserving the regime’s status quo,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) protested.

Please. Where were these complaints when President Barack Obama was enjoying peanuts and Cracker Jack with Raúl Castro at a Havana ballpark? And a few months ago, Schumer was decrying Trump’s “reckless” military threats and Pelosi was complaining about his “saber-rattling.” Now, suddenly, Trump’s gone from warmonger to the second coming of Neville Chamberlain?

The criticism is premature and overwrought. Trump made no real concessions in Singapore. He did not lift sanctions, unfreeze North Korean assets or send secret planes loaded with hard currency to Pyongyang. He did not sign an agreement ending the Korean War or offer Pyongyang diplomatic recognition. All the president did was, as a goodwill gesture, suspend military exercises with South Korea — a decision he can easily reverse. And the fact that the statement the two leaders signed referred only to “complete denuclearization,” not “complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization,” does not mean that Trump gave up verification or irreversibility in the deal, because there is no “deal” yet, only a “communique” that summarized what the two leaders discussed. We are at the start of the negotiating process, not the end.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-deserves-more-latitude-and-less-attitude/2018/06/15/3be1edde-6fee-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html

Offline corbe

@INVAR This time it's different.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:51:39 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.