Author Topic: Tyson, fresh from lab-grown meat, is now investing in snacks made with recycled ingredients  (Read 643 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Tonya Garcia
June 7, 2018

Yappah, made from chicken trim and leftovers from vegetable juicing and beer brewing, is being tested in Chicago

Dining habits have changed a lot over recent decades, but are consumers ready for recycled food?

Tyson Foods Inc. TSN, +2.23% thinks they are. Tyson Innovation Labs, the group charged with bringing new products to market faster, has introduced Yappah, a brand of protein crisps made from “rescued and upcycled vegetable- and grain-based ingredients,” according to the company’s release.

Tyson provides chicken breast trim that is combined with vegetable purée, taken from juicing, or spent grain from beer brewing at Molson Coors Brewing Co. TAP, +1.36% to make Yappah’s flavors, which include Chicken IPA White Cheddar and Chicken - Shandy Beer. A Michelin-starred chef, Kang Kuan, was also enlisted for his culinary expertise.

More... https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tyson-is-betting-that-consumers-will-eventually-crave-lab-grown-meat-2018-05-09
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:24:07 pm by endicom »

Online roamer_1

SHEESH! And folks wonder why I went kosher...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If it has Tyson on the label I'm not eating it
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

If it has Tyson on the label I'm not eating it

More and more, if it's got a label, I'm not eating it.

Tyson is but a symptom.

Silver Pines

Eating insects is an improvement over this. 

Oceander

Can soylent green be far behind?