Author Topic: You're Fired: Mick Mulvaney Fires Entire CFPB Advisory Board  (Read 1060 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You're Fired: Mick Mulvaney Fires Entire CFPB Advisory Board
Matt Vespa

|
Posted: Jun 07, 2018 8:00 AM

It’s an agency that you wouldn’t think would be in the news much, but the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau became another front in the war against the Trump administration for the Left. Now, acting director Mick Mulvaney has just fired the entire 25-member advisory board, which was starting to criticize the front office. Last night, Mulvaney told its members that they were being replaced. You’re fired, as Trump would say. It’s a purge, some late spring-cleaning but one that could bring this administration into conflict with congressional Democrats (via WaPo):

Mick Mulvaney, acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, fired the agency’s 25-member advisory board Wednesday, days after some of its members criticized his leadership of the watchdog agency.

The CFPB said it will revamp the Consumer Advisory Board, known as the CAB, in the fall with all new members.

The panel has traditionally played an influential role in advising the CFPB’s leadership on new regulations and policies. But some members, who include prominent consumer advocates, academics and industry executives, began to complain that Mulvaney was ignoring them and making unwise decisions about the agency’s future.

On Monday, 11 CAB members held a news conference and criticized Mulvaney for, among other things, canceling legally required meetings with the group.

On Wednesday, group members were notified that they were being replaced — and that they could not reapply for spots on the new board.

In a statement, the agency’s spokesman, John Czwartacki, took a final swipe at the group. “The outspoken members of the Consumer Advisory Board seem more concerned about protecting their taxpayer funded junkets to Washington, D.C., and being wined and dined by the Bureau than protecting consumers,” he said.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/06/07/youre-fired-mick-mulvaney-fires-entire-cfpb-advisory-board-n2488201
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: You're Fired: Mick Mulvaney Fires Entire CFPB Advisory Board
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 05:29:17 pm »
A judge reinstates them in 3...2...
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:30:50 pm »
Good for him.  IT was/is a useless commission anyway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
That's a pretty hilarious, ballsy move.  Good for him.  The whole stupid thing shouldn't exist anyway, but if you can't formally eliminate it, then firing everyone is the next best thing.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 06:25:18 pm »
The fake Indian from Massachusetts is now fuming mad at her pet project.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 06:30:35 pm »
This is an Obama creation under the Dodd-Frank law.   

Trump just signed a law modifying Dodd-Frank.  It was originally proposed by Elizabeth Warren.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 09:07:11 pm »
I like it.   Can we fire all the folks in the EPA also? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 04:27:25 pm »
Mulvaney is awesome.  He alone makes the Trump Presidency worthwhile.  Wish his OMB had more influence.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 05:22:44 pm »
I like it.   Can we fire all the folks in the EPA also?

Permission granted!   But why stop there?  Seems to me that about 2/3s of the current federal government staff is entirely redundant.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 05:23:18 pm »
Mulvaney is awesome.  He alone makes the Trump Presidency worthwhile.  Wish his OMB had more influence.

888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »
Permission granted!   But why stop there?  Seems to me that about 2/3s of the current federal government staff is entirely redundant.

Redundancy is great if we still had a space program and sent people into space.   Not so much for the gubberment as you said!  888high58888
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 05:34:39 pm »
Redundancy is great if we still had a space program and sent people into space.   Not so much for the gubberment as you said!  888high58888

Our goobermint is the only example of redundancy at that depth in the history of man!

- J. R. R. Tolkien