Author Topic: Carbon dioxide levels breach another threshold at Mauna Loa  (Read 1085 times)

rangerrebew

Carbon dioxide levels breach another threshold at Mauna Loa
Monthly average surpasses 410 parts per million for April and May

June 7, 2018

Carbon dioxide levels averaged more than 410 parts per million in April and May at NOAA’s Mauna Loa Atmospheric Baseline Observatory, surging past yet another climate milestone. This is the sixth consecutive year of steep global increases in concentrations of the greenhouse gas, scientists from NOAA and Scripps Institution of Oceanography announced today.

Carbon dioxide levels are tracked closely by the world’s scientists as a measure of how human activity is changing the planet’s atmosphere. The concentration of CO2  in the atmosphere increases every year, and the rate of increase is accelerating. While it averaged about 1.6 ppm per year in the 1980s and 1.5 ppm per year in the 1990s, the growth rate increased to 2.2 ppm per year during the last decade.

http://www.noaa.gov/news/carbon-dioxide-levels-breach-another-threshold-at-mauna-loa

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Re: Carbon dioxide levels breach another threshold at Mauna Loa
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:07:48 am »
Duh...perhaps look downslope at the active eruption?!?!  Tons of CO2 per day!   https://www.livescience.com/40451-volcanic-co2-levels-are-staggering.html

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 01:00:36 pm »
Duh...perhaps look downslope at the active eruption?!?!  Tons of CO2 per day!   https://www.livescience.com/40451-volcanic-co2-levels-are-staggering.html

Even so, this is more than volcanism.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:03:03 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:03:35 pm »
Nope..that ain't it.

Algore is going to take that Volcano to court by God.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:29:14 am »

Would like to see how they isolate their CO2 detector from the local eruption just down the mountain.  And local/worldwide volcanic activity over the years roughly matches your chart:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 12:43:53 am »
The greatest thing about living on this planet is it doesn't give a shit about humans.  Which is cool when you think about it.  We have no control. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 12:57:13 am »
The greatest thing about living on this planet is it doesn't give a shit about humans.  Which is cool when you think about it.  We have no control.

! No longer available

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:03:06 am »

Great example of using the origin of the Y-axis to distort the magnitude of change.  Zerohedge worthy.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:33:18 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 01:27:09 am »

:thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.