Author Topic: Lawmakers Warn IG Being Pressured to Slow Roll Clinton FBI Report  (Read 671 times)

Offline endicom

Sara A. Carter
Sara Carter
June 5, 2018

The Department of Justice and the FBI are deliberately attempting to slow roll and redact significant portions of DOJ Inspector General, Michael Horowitz’s report on the bureau’s handling of the Hillary Clinton investigation, according to numerous congressional officials and investigators.

The 400-page report, which was completed several weeks ago and addresses Clinton’s use of her private server for government business, is currently being reviewed by the DOJ and FBI. According to sources, individuals mentioned in the reports are also allowed to review the document. It is expected to be “long and thorough” and will criticize the handling of the investigation by former FBI Director James Comey, who has spent the better part of the past several months promoting his book A Higher Loyalty.

“It’s been almost a year and a half and it is time that Congress receives the IG report,” said Congressman Ron DeSantis (R-FL), who has been on the front lines of the battle against the DOJ and FBI’s stonewalling of lawmakers requesting documentation. “This has gone on long enough and the American people’s patience is wearing thin. We need accountability,” said DeSantis.

More... https://saraacarter.com/lawmakers-warn-ig-being-pressured-to-slow-roll-clinton-fbi-report/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Lawmakers Warn IG Being Pressured to Slow Roll Clinton FBI Report
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:57:01 pm »
Why am I so not surprised?   

Have I mentioned that Sara Carter is due a Pulitzer prize IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lawmakers Warn IG Being Pressured to Slow Roll Clinton FBI Report
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 10:25:11 am »
Lawmakers Warn IG Being Pressured to Slow Roll Clinton FBI Report
SaraACarter.com, Jun 5, 2018, Sara A Carter

The Department of Justice and the FBI are deliberately attempting to slow roll and redact significant portions of DOJ Inspector General, Michael Horowitz’s report on the bureau’s handling of the Hillary Clinton investigation, according to numerous congressional officials and investigators.

The 400-page report, which was completed several weeks ago and addresses Clinton’s use of her private server for government business, is currently being reviewed by the DOJ and FBI. According to sources, individuals mentioned in the reports are also allowed to review the document. It is expected to be “long and thorough” and will criticize the handling of the investigation by former FBI Director James Comey, who has spent the better part of the past several months promoting his book A Higher Loyalty.

“It’s been almost a year and a half and it is time that Congress receives the IG report,” said Congressman Ron DeSantis (R-FL), who has been on the front lines of the battle against the DOJ and FBI’s stonewalling of lawmakers requesting documentation. “This has gone on long enough and the American people’s patience is wearing thin. We need accountability,” said DeSantis.

Another congressional official, who’s been fighting to obtain documents from the DOJ and FBI, said it is no surprise that they are putting pressure on Horowitz. According to the official, “They continue to slow roll documents, fail to adhere to congressional oversight and concern is growing that they will wait until summer and then turn over documents that are heavily redacted.”

Former FBI Deputy Director, Andrew McCabe is also expected to come under fire in Horowitz’s latest Clinton report. In April, McCabe was fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions after the inspector general released a scathing report and a criminal referral for lying under oath.

More:  https://saraacarter.com/lawmakers-warn-ig-being-pressured-to-slow-roll-clinton-fbi-report/

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:23:55 am »
I.ve been saying the same for months now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:12:44 pm »
So, give them a deadline for review and publish it after that date.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 02:15:49 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 10:10:39 pm »
Rep. Gaetz: People Might Be Trying to 'Sand Off the Rough Edges' of IG's Clinton Email Report

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said Wednesday that he shares President Trump's concern that officials may be trying to weaken the Justice Department inspector general's report on the Hillary Clinton email case.

Trump on Tuesday questioned why the report is taking "so long" and said "the public has the right to know" the "horrible" things it has to say.

"I share the president's concern that the actual substance of the report has likely been written for some time," Gaetz said. "Now, you may have people trying to sand off the rough edges and make it look like the conduct was more acceptable than it should have been."...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/06/doj-inspector-generals-hillary-clinton-email-report-rep-matt-gaetz-says-people-may-try

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 11:41:07 pm »
I'd like to see some names made public as to who is doing the pressuring.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 12:04:42 am »
I'd like to see some names made public as to who is doing the pressuring.

Where is Daniel Elsberg when we need him?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien