Author Topic: EPA chief Pruitt spent $1,560 on 12 customized fountain pens  (Read 557 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
EPA chief Pruitt spent $1,560 on 12 customized fountain pens
Brady Dennis and Juliet Eilperin

The account manager at the Tiny Jewel Box, which calls itself Washington's "premier destination for fine jewelry and watches," had promised to expedite the order of a dozen customized silver fountain pens - each emblazoned with the seal of the Environmental Protection Agency and the signature of its leader, Scott Pruitt.

Now all the EPA staffer working with the store needed was for a top Pruitt aide to sign off on the $3,230 order, which also included personalized journals.

"The cost of the Qty. 12 Fountain Pens will be around $1,560.00," the staffer emailed Aug. 14 to Millan Hupp, Pruitt's head of scheduling and advance and a trusted confidante dating to his Oklahoma days. "All the other items total cost is around $1,670.00 which these items are in process. Please advise."

Read more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-pruitt-fountain-pens-20180601-story.html

Oceander

Re: EPA chief Pruitt spent $1,560 on 12 customized fountain pens
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:40:40 pm »
I like fountain pens
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »
I like fountain pens

Me too, and I price them from time to time.  These are not all that expensive, especially being customized silver jobs.  Must be some sort of bulk rate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04:26 pm »
Me too, and I price them from time to time.  These are not all that expensive, especially being customized silver jobs.  Must be some sort of bulk rate.

Buried in the article.  They were gifts for foreign govt reps.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.