Author Topic: Trey Gowdy Didn’t Even See Documents He Claims Exonerate FBI On Spygate: Reports  (Read 1151 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trey Gowdy Didn’t Even See Documents He Claims Exonerate FBI On Spygate: Reports

Gowdy claimed that the FBI's use of spies against the Trump campaign was perfectly proper, but multiple reports indicate he never even saw the full records Congress subpoenaed on the matter.

By Mollie Hemingway   
May 30, 2018

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) recently suggested the FBI did nothing wrong when it used at least one government informant to secretly collect information on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Public reports indicate, however, that Gowdy never even reviewed the relevant documents on the matter subpoenaed by Congress. In fact, a spokeswoman for Gowdy told The Federalist that the congressman doesn’t even know what documents and records were subpoenaed by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI).

The briefing Gowdy and other lawmakers attended was scheduled at the behest of the White House after the Department of Justice (DOJ) obstructed the subpoena. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein likened HPSCI’s constitutionally obligated congressional oversight of DOJ to “extortion.”

more
http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/30/trey-gowdy-didnt-even-see-documents-he-claims-exonerate-fbi-on-spygate-reports/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What the hell is going on?    Further in the article Hemingway states:

During the CBS News interview, co-host Gayle King asked Gowdy if he had received any blowback from GOP lawmakers for his comments about the FBI’s behavior regarding the informant. Gowdy responded oddly, invoking Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), neither of whom were invited to last week’s DOJ briefing.

“The folks who have seen the information I think have the same perspective I have,” Gowdy said, referring to Rubio and Cotton. “Those who have not seen the information, I don’t know what informs their perspective.”

Just as with Gowdy, there is no evidence either Rubio or Cotton has seen all the records HPSCI subpoenaed or even the subpoena HPSCI issued.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What the hell is going on?    Further in the article Hemingway states:

I don't know...I have heard repeatedly that those who went to this meeting did not see any documents...Schiff came out and said the documents prove nothing...when the commentator said that no one saw them....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
We begin to see why nothing has been done despite the thrilling speeches given by Gowdy.

Kabuki theater with scripts written by the globalists
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Gowdy went in with a good story, plan, and intent........   To call out the mass corruption of the dim party.

He's going out  as one of the most disappointing legislators in recent history.  To say he under-delivered is a mass understatement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trey Gowdy = 100% Swamp dwelling POS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Exactly. After years of him and Issa holding these show trials, running his mouth in front of any camera he can get in front of and claiming he was getting to the bottom of corruption, he has accomplished absolutely nothing. He is the definition of worthless.

Offline endicom

I am now entering an X-Files level of paranoia. Believe nothing. Ever.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I am now entering an X-Files level of paranoia. Believe nothing. Ever.

I think we have been and continue to be played like a cheap fiddle at a barn dance!  Lots of sound and fury but no results in the end!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It appears he's been there all along, @Bigun.  We've been deceived.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It appears he's been there all along, @Bigun.  We've been deceived.

@Cyber Liberty

Sadly, I believe that is true.  Hillary was not idly boasting when she said "If I go down half of Washington goes down with me!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Sadly, I believe that is true.  Hillary was not idly boasting when she said "If I go down half of Washington goes down with me!"

Now I'm dying to know what Gowdy's piece of the action is.  Is it bribery, or is it extortion?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Now I'm dying to know what Gowdy's piece of the action is.  Is it bribery, or is it extortion?

Doesn't really matter does it?  This once great Republic is dead as a door knob.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Doesn't really matter does it?  This once great Republic is dead as a door knob.

Matters to me.  I want to stop the rug from being pulled out from under me by people supposedly on our side.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Off topic, but I’ve always heard “dead as a door ‘nail’.” Now, either way, nail or knob, I have to wonder, why are they dead?

Sorry for the interruption.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Off topic, but I’ve always heard “dead as a door ‘nail’.” Now, either way, nail or knob, I have to wonder, why are they dead?

Sorry for the interruption.

I read about the origin of "Dead as a Doornail" once.  The nail that holds a door-knocker assembly to the door is called a "door nail."  After years of use (this is before the age of doorbells), the knocker tends to work itself loose from the banging, and the nail itself is too loose to re-nail into the door.  The nail is said to be "dead."

I am at a total loss about the origin of "Deader than a Door Knob."   Maybe a Googling is in order?

I will NOT comply.