Author Topic: Eating one egg a day could significantly reduce your risk of heart disease, according to a major new  (Read 440 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Eating one egg a day could significantly reduce your risk of heart disease, according to a major new study
Lindsay Dodgson
eggShanti May / Shutterstock

New research shows how eating an egg a day could help prevent heart diseases.
    A team of scientists compared people who ate eggs daily to those who ate them rarely or not at all.
    After 8.9 years, people who ate eggs regularly had a 26% lower risk of haemorrhagic stroke, a 28% lower risk of dying from a haemorrhagic stroke, and an 18% lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
    Eggs contain a lot of crucial vitamins and nutrients for our cells and general health.

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-egg-a-day-reduce-risk-of-heart-disease-2018-5

The study is between UK and Chinese researchers of all combinations... still, good to know.

Offline Applewood

When I was young, heart patients were told never eat eggs.  My first breakfast in the hospital following a cardiac arrest included eggs.  Seems the total prohibition against eggs has been lifted.  Doctors are not so concerned with the cholesterol naturally existing in eggs.  They are more concerned with trans fats and saturated fats.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I adore eggs.

One of my favorite foods.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️