Author Topic: Trump’s Top Economic Adviser Says Amazon Threats Are ‘Not In My Lane’  (Read 9443 times)

Offline Suppressed

I wonder how much it saves UPS to be able to pick up a hundred packages at one location, as opposed to having to pick them up from a hundred locations?  (For those unfamiliar with shipping stuff from your house, I can pack a box at my home, go to the USPS website, print a flat-rate label and the mail guy will come and pick it up.  I even get tracking info.)

And that's why the USPS rate cited on the webpage is higher.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

get in your Pinto (or S Class) and drive down to the GD store like everybody else.   :laugh:

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I love it.  I do all my grocery shopping that way now.  I went to grocery store the other day for something quick and realized I haven't been in there for more than 6 months.

Haven't tried it yet, but when I played with the  ap, it seemed that if you needed something outside the staple norms, you were SOL.......

So would need an extra trip anyway
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Same here, not 80 years, but maybe 40.   The 5X I pay is worth the expertise and advise from those guys.   Try getting that at a Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes.

:amen:  And I find the prices at my store very much in line with all the other local stores.  They affiliated with ACE a few years ago and also handle ECHO and Sthil products and, more importantly, if I need a piece of 5mm all thread rod or a 1/4 x20 hanger bolt they have it in stock and know exactly where it is. 

You cannot walk in the place without someone greeting you before you go three feet with "Can I help you find something today?".   Hard to find places like that now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This thread is a hoot!   

Shoelaces??   Toothpaste??   'Imported' from Great Britain, no less?? 

Such high-falooting bullshit.... get in your Pinto (or S Class) and drive down to the GD store like everybody else.   :laugh:

:laugh:

Ford Explorer.  (Or maybe my Escape Hybrid?)  I didn't know I was attracting so much attention.  Can't wait to see the response from the picture of the Cowboy Duster we bought online...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

Haven't tried it yet, but when I played with the  ap, it seemed that if you needed something outside the staple norms, you were SOL.......

So would need an extra trip anyway

Well, I use the website.

And on that, I can get lots of non-grocery stuff.  In fact, my next order has a comb and cetirizine.

If you want to get $10 off on your first order, let me know and I'll give you my code (I get $10 off, too, but I'm not pushing you!).
+++++++++

Offline DB

If you really want to see the USPS lose money, just have Amazon and the like STOP using the USPS...

And I still don't get how Trump blames Amazon for using a service that sets its own rates... The Washington Post is the only viable explanation and that's just stupid on Trump's part.

Online roamer_1

Saturday, I pulled up my Amazon and told it I want 45" laces for walking shoes, brown. 

@Cyber Liberty

LOL!
As an aside, every now and then I get a reminder of how much different i've got it from everyone else...

Anything I have that holds laces has laces made from paracord. With the exception of leather ones (which I don't actually use for laces), I don't think I have ever bought shoe laces in my life.   :shrug: :seeya:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

LOL!
As an aside, every now and then I get a reminder of how much different i've got it from everyone else...

Anything I have that holds laces has laces made from paracord. With the exception of leather ones (which I don't actually use for laces), I don't think I have ever bought shoe laces in my life.   :shrug: :seeya:

Stirrup eyelets are murder on Paracord. 

Oh, got a message...Amazon delivered my laces.  They're on my front porch, along with my teethbrushes....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:24:52 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Flip Flops

Or sandals

Maybe boat shoes

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline corbe

What were you thinking that day when your mama was trying to teach you how to tie your shoes @roamer_1?

:tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Cyber Liberty

LOL!
, I don't think I have ever bought shoe laces in my life.   :shrug: :seeya:

I went to school with folks like you.  They only had shoes that closed with Velcro.  They were special kids.  The small bus picked them up in the mornings.......

:smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But they are adapting their strategy to people that don't like to shop at brick and mortar stores anymore.

Shop and pay for your items from your app drive to the store and an associate brings it out and loads it in your car.

So far Walmart...Kroger and Lowes have set up services like that where I live and target is prepping a spot in their parking lot to do the same.

I've heard from people who like that service Walmart is now providing.  But what happened to wandering through stores and seeing Walmart people.  I enjoy that.

We are detaching ourselves from all human interaction.  People text to each other while sitting at the same table.  What's up with that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online roamer_1

Never had a problem one. My hikers have ten years on em from before I went into the chair, have probably been resoled at least twice, and need it again... and still have the very same paracord laces I put in em the day after I bought em.

Take the guts out of the paracord and just use the outer casing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
For me, it's not convenience that sends me to Amazon, it's selection.  Last week I broke a shoelace for a pair of tan walking shoes I have.  Last time I broke a lace on those shoes, I had to settle for black laces because, when I went to Walmart, they only had about four styles to choose from, none of them brown or tan.  I had to take the black ones that I didn't like as much (but at least they were for walking shoes).  One set matched that specification.  One.  And I got the last one on the display.  After I walked away the next customer was SOL.

Saturday, I pulled up my Amazon and told it I want 45" laces for walking shoes, brown.  Up came a half-dozen different manufacturers of laces that had brown in stock, all AZ Prime.  I'll have them today because they're out for delivery by AMZL, along with some Perio teethbrushes I couldn't even find at CVS.

Don't worry, it's okay to buy shoelaces @Cyber Liberty   And, you are exactly right.  The selection at Amazon is great and it's so easy to find things that you could wander around Walmart forever and not find.  But I kinda like wandering around Walmart.

Online roamer_1

What were you thinking that day when your mama was trying to teach you how to tie your shoes @roamer_1?

:silly:
Your mamma had to teach you how to tie? I been throwing knots from before I ever wore shoes...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Flip Flops

Or sandals

Maybe boat shoes

Excellent for hiking in the Desert, ja!  :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

I went to school with folks like you.  They only had shoes that closed with Velcro.  They were special kids.  The small bus picked them up in the mornings.......

...And let me guess... When they got on that bus, one of em sat down right next to you, right?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've heard from people who like that service Walmart is now providing.  But what happened to wandering through stores and seeing Walmart people.  I enjoy that.

We are detaching ourselves from all human interaction.  People text to each other while sitting at the same table.  What's up with that.

Fine with me.  Humans are a$$holes.    :tongue2:

(I like Walmart sometimes too, but I never get to go.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:silly:
Your mamma had to teach you how to tie? I been throwing knots from before I ever wore shoes...

I was born a crotchety old man, so there's that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Wingnut   That reminds me of the evolution of euphemisms.  I was criticized in a writing group because of calling a boy 'retarded.'  (He was retarded)..  Actually 'retarded' was an effort at a euphemism whereas before words like stupid, dummy, idiot, etc. were used. 

People keep trying to think of a kinder, gentler way to describe retarded people.  Now, they are 'special.'  But that will gradually be denounced as pejorative.

Offline corbe

I was born Stupid AND Silly, things haven't improved much in 65 years.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Fine with me.  Humans are a$$holes.    :tongue2:

(I like Walmart sometimes too, but I never get to go.)

@Cyber Liberty   I only get to go when my son-in-law wants to go.  I don't drive in that part of Maui.  Why don't you never get to go?

Offline corbe

@Wingnut   That reminds me of the evolution of euphemisms.  I was criticized in a writing group because of calling a boy 'retarded.'  (He was retarded)..  Actually 'retarded' was an effort at a euphemism whereas before words like stupid, dummy, idiot, etc. were used. 

People keep trying to think of a kinder, gentler way to describe retarded people.  Now, they are 'special.'  But that will gradually be denounced as pejorative.

My ol Lady goes ballistic when I say 'panties in a wad', must be an experience thing cause I just don't get it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Human beings are quite often 'assholes' and I am sometimes grateful that people here can't reach out and slap me.

However, I find it sad sometimes.  On our early walks, Smitty and I often see a group of high school kids waiting for the bus.  There is no pushing, shoving, laughing, talking, etc.  Even the pretty girl is ignored.  They are all silently staring at their phones.  Is that normal?