Author Topic: Former Obama officials say the European Union should withdraw ambassadors from the U.S. (abbrev.)  (Read 743 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://twitter.com/KyleWOrton
Kyle Orton
‏Verified account @KyleWOrton
Former Obama officials say the European Union should withdraw ambassadors from the U.S., throw out American diplomats, and apply sanctions to U.S. companies. For the sake of #Iran.

Orton responding to this opinion piece by Obama officials in NY Times:
Opinion | Europe Doesn’t Have to Be Trump’s Doormat

By Steven Simon and Jonathan Stevenson

Mr. Simon and Mr. Stevenson worked on Middle East policy in the administration of President Barack Obama.
May 10, 2018

After months of swaggering hesitation, President Trump finally announced the United States’ withdrawal from the nuclear deal with Iran, to which Britain, France, Russia, China, Germany and the European Union are also parties. This action tramples on European leaders, who urged Mr. Trump to exercise restraint in the interest of international security and multilateralism.

Federica Mogherini, the European Union’s high representative for foreign affairs and security policy, reacted to Mr. Trump’s announcement with a sharp statement. The European Union and the rest of the international community, she said, would “preserve this nuclear deal.” The question is how. Notwithstanding an abundance of kvetching, European powers have not yet shown Mr. Trump that he has anything to fear from ignoring their wishes.

To be sure, European leaders have expended plenty of verbiage, illuminating the broad consensus that Iran is abiding by the terms of the deal. President Emmanuel Macron of France implored the Trump administration not to scupper the agreement during a recent visit to Washington. Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany echoed his sentiments, as did Britain’s foreign minister, Boris Johnson, in these pages on Sunday.

Read more at: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/opinion/europe-trump-iran-nuclear-deal.html

Oceander

What kind of stupid effing idea is that?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Rats aren't even trying to hide it anymore.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The Rats aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Good maybe it will open some eyes
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good maybe it will open some eyes

:pondering:

I dunno.  It won't open any Rat eyes, and the rest can see it plain as day.  Leading horses to water and all that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Former Obama officials say the European Union should withdraw ambassadors from the U.S. (abbrev.)"

So... let them.
Who cares?
Do you?
Really...?

Offline endicom

Can't these Euros go back to slaughtering each other or something? Sheesh!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

So... let them.
Who cares?
Do you?
Really...?

I care if the former administration who made this deal is getting involved. Urging someone to withdraw diplomats seems to smack of treasonous behavior.

@Fishrrman

"The European Union could, for instance, announce the withdrawal of member-states’ ambassadors from the United States. "

Didn't Ted Kennedy try to offset Glastnost and Detente, one of those two,  didn't the Democrats vote to defund South Vietnam after the war. There can be some very negative consequences.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:57:46 am by TomSea »