Author Topic: Murder Of 16-Year-Old Marks Baltimore’s 100th Homicide This Year  (Read 363 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/05/09/baltimore-100th-homicide-this-year/

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Two teenagers have been shot to death on Baltimore’s streets–the latest a 16-year-old boy–as the city surpasses 100 murders for the first time this year.

The 16-year-old, who friends told WJZ Investigator Mike Hellgren went by Streetz or Jordan, was shot near a basketball court at the Mary Rodman Recreation Center in the southwest part of the city Tuesday around 8:20 p.m.

They plan a candlelight vigil Monday night at New Era Academy in Cherry Hill where he once attended classes.

“It’s sad,” said Kim Humphries, whose young son attends Rodman Elementary adjacent to the murder scene. “The victims keep getting younger and younger. I just feel for his family.”

Police Commissioner Darryl De Sousa called the violence “unacceptable.” He said the teen was also armed “with a .380” in his pocket and “known to police.” Police also said the teen had drugs on him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
From the article "Asked how do you get rid of the guns, Pugh replied, “Stop making them.”"

yes, with the most draconian of gun laws already in place they think the problem is guns.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
That's actually pretty good for Bodymore, Murderland.  They usually average 1 per day, so they're a little behind the pace at day 130 in the year.  Its not too surprising.  So many have fled to the suburbs or have been killed.  There just aren't enough targets in the city, anymore.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.