Author Topic: Dershowitz: Giuliani playing into prosecutors' hands  (Read 839 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz: Giuliani playing into prosecutors' hands
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:45:36 pm »

Dershowitz: Giuliani playing into prosecutors' hands

By BRENT D. GRIFFITHS

05/06/2018 11:20 AM EDT

Legal scholar Alan Dershowitz said Sunday that President Donald Trump’s newest attorney Rudy Giuliani has made matters worse for the president.

The Harvard Law professor emeritus and informal Trump adviser added that Giuliani’s recent media appearances resulted in “a very bad week for the Trump team.”

“The Trump team has to speak with a single narrative. They have to get their story clearly set out. It has to be put in writing,” Dershowitz told Chuck Todd, moderator of NBC's “Meet the Press.” “It shouldn't be put on television shows off the cuff.”

Dershowitz, who has known Trump for decades and has become a high-profile defender of the administration amid the Russia probe, said Giuliani, a former U.S. attorney, should know better.

“This is the way prosecutors operate. But Giuliani knows it, too,” Dershowitz said. “And he shouldn't be playing into their hands."

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/06/giuliani-trump-prosecutors-dershowitz-570897
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Dershowitz: Giuliani playing into prosecutors' hands
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 10:55:04 pm »
Giuliani is flushing his legacy down the toilet like most who hitch their wagon to Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:20:04 pm »
Giuliani is flushing his legacy down the toilet like most who hitch their wagon to Trump.

What legacy is that exactly? Selling shit on late night TV?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:43:10 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon
@Cyber Liberty
Alan D. knows the law and speaks from knowing that law - if that law doesn't benefit a person in the case, that person's friends go after Alan D. and call him names, say he hates their friend. I understand that as I get some of that here where I speak of Trump's behavior.  I have always thought Alan D., Dem or Rep, don't know, was a master of law.  And, remember he said Cruz was the smartest man he ever taught law.

Law in general:  I taught Texas Election Law to lawyers and Republican County Chairmen and Election Judges/Clerks in numerous Texas counties.  Someone asked if I was a lawyer - I said no, but I know what words mean.  In a law book, each word is important and one word may change what you thought that law said. Why did lawyers come to me for this training?  Because they had not studied it, no lawyer is going to open an office to practice election law - he would go broke.  Those lawyers were going to run for judge positions and wanted to know what that big Election Law book had in it that they might need to know.  The first thing I taught them was the definition of words in the front of the book.  If you don't know what those words mean, you won't understand a law in the book.  The lawyers and I had fun in those classes.

I like Alan - he knows law.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:15:25 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:48:38 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon
@Cyber Liberty
Alan D. knows the law and speaks from knowing that law - if that law doesn't benefit a person in the case, that person's friends go after Alan D. and call him names, say he hates their friend. I understand that as I get some of that here where I speak of Trump's behavior.  I have always thought Alan D., Dem or Rep, don't know, was a master of law.  And, remember he said Cruz was the smartest man he ever taught law.

Law in general:  I taught Texas Election Law to lawyers and Republican County Chairmen and Election Judges/Clerks in numerous Texas counties.  Someone asked if I was a lawyer - I said no, but I know what words mean.  In a law book, each word is important and one word may change what you thought that law said. Why did lawyers come to me for this training?  Because they had not studied it, no lawyer is going to open an office to practice election law - he would go broke.  Those lawyers were going to run for judge positions and wanted to know what that big Election Law book had in it that they might need to know.  The first thing I taught them was the definition of words in the front of the book.  If you don't know what those words mean, you won't understand a law in the book.  The lawyers and I had fun in those classes.

Gosh. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:49:09 pm »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 12:14:06 am »
Gosh. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express?

Yes.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 02:51:09 am »
What legacy is that exactly? Selling shit on late night TV?

Well he was once known as the guy who cleaned up New York city making it livable. He was also known for his handling of the 9-11 attack on the Twin Towers.

Those are going to be distant memory...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 02:32:27 pm »
Alan Dershowitz is, generally, a very smart lawyer, but he is also still a leftist, so his thinking ability seems to be somewhat limited.  I'll retain some skepticism here.