Author Topic: With girls joining the ranks, Boy Scouts plan a name change  (Read 4372 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: With girls joining the ranks, Boy Scouts plan a name change
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 11:33:43 pm »
Its really sad whats happening to this great organization.   Boys need space of their own, to learn, be boys and grow up into strong men.   

Maybe thats the ultimate motive for pushing this.  To further weaken this country by weakening the future men.

QFT
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 12:09:43 am »
Our son is in Cub Scouts now and our daughters will join when they reach the appropriate ages. Our Monsignor looks at this as a way to take a family stand against what’s happening to the organization. We have an amazing opportunity to create change from within and teach our children about working together in a Christian atmosphere. Other troops might be embracing homosexuality; our Catholic troop can be the Christian family examples for our children when faced with situations that run contrary to our beliefs. This is a wonderful way for girls to get the scout experience that they won’t get in abortion and U.N. loving Girl Scouts.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 02:25:23 am »
LOL. Yeah. What is this civilized world you speak of? Germany where muslims openly rape women?

BTW, the Boys Scouts has been dead for a while. Letting fairies be leaders and contorting to social justice warriors killed it. Letting girls in is just throwing dirt on the grave.
@Frank Cannon
But just think how much easier this makes panty raids! They don't even have to leave their tents.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 02:31:03 am »
@Frank Cannon
But just think how much easier this makes panty raids! They don't even have to leave their tents.

LOL. Being an old Eagle Scout, having broads along for summer camp sure would have made living in a canvas tent for a week more palatable.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 03:36:46 am »
                I found your Badge, Frank.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 03:38:33 am »
                I found your Badge, Frank.

LOL. Yup.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 03:40:01 am »
11-15 y.o. boys and girls out together on a weekend scouting camp out?

Yeah, nothing is going to go wrong with that huh?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:41:51 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 03:43:30 am »

Planned Parenthood will have a Booth outside the Jamboree grounds handing out Government subsidized contraceptives.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 03:44:00 am »

Don't worry. There will be a tranny Scoutmistress there to keep things in order and on the up and up.

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 03:45:59 am »
    You worry to much @catfish1957 Frank and I will insure all these Boys get Laid*

* In a safe, orderly fashion.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:47:38 am by corbe »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2018, 06:18:11 am »
Trail Life USA (TLUSA or commonly Trail Life) is a faith-based non-aligned Scouting organization that provides youth mentorship and character development to more than 26,000 boys in the United States. The organization was founded in 2013 in reaction to changes in the membership policy of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to allow the participation of openly gay youth. All charters of Trail Life USA must pledge to follow a "Statement of Faith"; the organization states that non-Christians and those who affirm homosexuality are not eligible to lead or charter in the group as these beliefs contradict their "Statement of Faith". However, youths of all or no religious beliefs are allowed to join.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_Life_USA

https://www.traillifeusa.com/

https://www.traillifeusa.com/corevalues/
@Texas Yellow Rose   :amen:   :thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2018, 06:21:35 am »
Our son is in Cub Scouts now and our daughters will join when they reach the appropriate ages. Our Monsignor looks at this as a way to take a family stand against what’s happening to the organization. We have an amazing opportunity to create change from within and teach our children about working together in a Christian atmosphere. Other troops might be embracing homosexuality; our Catholic troop can be the Christian family examples for our children when faced with situations that run contrary to our beliefs. This is a wonderful way for girls to get the scout experience that they won’t get in abortion and U.N. loving Girl Scouts.
@goodwithagun
Why didn't you pursue change within the GSA vs. changing the BSA?  Just asking why a MALE oriented program just had to be changed because a FEMALE oriented program could not change to meet the so-called needs of its females.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:23:14 am by SZonian »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 06:35:10 am »
Oh and BTW...just  what in bleep does the "B" stand for in "Scouts BSA"?.  PISS OFF you PC bleep!  The BSA as we knew it deserves to die a slow and painfully ugly death.  Signed...a 20+ year Scoutmaster who fought those PC pieces of shit at National and Council.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:55:48 pm by Mod5 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 10:47:49 am »
@goodwithagun
Why didn't you pursue change within the GSA vs. changing the BSA?  Just asking why a MALE oriented program just had to be changed because a FEMALE oriented program could not change to meet the so-called needs of its females.

Excellent, excellent point!

Online Slide Rule

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 11:43:27 am »
Oh and BTW...just  what in bleep does the "B" stand for in "Scouts BSA"?.  PISS OFF you PC bleep!  The BSA as we knew it deserves to die a slow and painfully ugly death.  Signed...a 20+ year Scoutmaster who fought those PC pieces of shit at National and Council.

Sorry, but you have been affected by sickness and desease.

I will pray for you.

:)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:58:29 pm by Mod5 »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 11:44:17 am »
@goodwithagun

Girl Scouts is done. BSA still has a chance. @aligncare
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 12:27:01 pm »
The SWJ crowd, or whatever we called them back in the 70's have been after the Boy Scouts since the 70's.
I remember, I was a scout then.
It was quite common to be pick on and ridiculed for belonging to some old-fashion institution that honored God, Country, a healthy respect (but not worship) of the outdoors, teamwork, etc....
You actually had to accomplish something to get a merit badge, or a skill award, imagine that!
The Boy Scouts withstood the PC crowd back then.
It is quite sad to see that they chose not to do so now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 01:30:34 pm »
WALSH: What My Sons Can Learn From The Self-Destruction Of The Boy Scouts
By Matt Walsh
May 2, 2018

The process is complete. The Boy Scouts, a once proud and important organization that helped shape boys into young men, is dead. It had been dying for sometime, but now it is official. In an announcement that would have seemed like an outlandish parody only ten years ago, the Boy Scouts said today that they will be dropping "Boy" from their name. They shall henceforth be known only as Scouts.

The Boy Scouts giving up its name is the inevitable last step in a devolution that began when the Boy Scouts gave up its spine. First, they ceded to the Left's demands and admitted gay scouts. Then it surrendered again and admitted gay scout leaders. Then it surrendered again and admitted "transgenders." Then it surrendered again and admitted girls. Then it surrendered once more and abandoned its name and any last vestige of its identity. Now it is just a dry, pitiful husk, curled in a fetal position in the corner, muttering, "No more, no more."

I won't let my sons anywhere near this embarrassment of an organization. I want them to be men, not simpering, pathetic, little effeminate weaklings, which is what the "Scouts" embody at this point.   ...  Rest of article at Daily Wire

@mountaineer

Matt Walsh never hesitates to tell the truth.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 01:39:54 pm »
IMO this is about the inferiority complexes of feminists.  They don’t feel equal to men and so they have to force themselves into male-dominated organizations to try and prove something to themselves.

It’s rarely reciprocal.  A few years ago, a local school, Randolph-Macon Women’s College, went coed for financial reasons.  The crying and wailing and rending of garments by the female students was amazing to see.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 01:43:11 pm »
The Boy Scouts were dying anyway. They had to do something.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 01:52:42 pm »

I turned my 30+ year old credentials in more than 5 years ago.  The same day they said that they were going to allow gays to act as scoutmasters.  My country is gone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 02:39:05 pm »
Its really sad whats happening to this great organization.   Boys need space of their own, to learn, be boys and grow up into strong men.   

Maybe thats the ultimate motive for pushing this.  To further weaken this country by weakening the future men.

As the dad of an Eagle Scout and a former scout myself I couldn't agree more.

I'll never forget how angry my some was when the Dems at their 2000 Convention in LA booed the Scout Color Guard as they brought the colors in.

He was only 10 years old at the time but it made him a Conservative for life.

What's happening to the Scouts is a perfect example of how theft never gives up in their questions to force their agenda on everyone. The Libs first started their attack on the scouts about 20 years ago slowly chipping away at the boy  Scouts always pushing forward and now we are seeing the fruits of their labor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 04:08:21 pm »
IMO this is about the inferiority complexes of feminists.  They don’t feel equal to men and so they have to force themselves into male-dominated organizations to try and prove something to themselves.

It’s rarely reciprocal.  A few years ago, a local school, Randolph-Macon Women’s College, went coed for financial reasons.  The crying and wailing and rending of garments by the female students was amazing to see.

Some of that makes sense.  Leftist femininsm has devalued femininity to the point that I can see why they think themselves inferior to men, and that leads them to try to destroy masculinity to make everyone equal.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 04:11:02 pm »
Girl Scouts is done. BSA still has a chance. @aligncare

HAD a chance. It's ruined now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:46 pm »
HAD a chance. It's ruined now.

I am an assistant scoutmaster.  I’ve got one son about to get his Eagle and the other is about two years away.  What sucks is that at the troop level, or our troop level anyhow, Boy Scouts is still all that it has ever been. 

But the jackasses at the top sure seem intent on destroying the organization and the value of the Eagle.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson