Author Topic: With girls joining the ranks, Boy Scouts plan a name change  (Read 4373 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: With girls joining the ranks, Boy Scouts plan a name change
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 04:28:23 pm »
I am an assistant scoutmaster.  I’ve got one son about to get his Eagle and the other is about two years away.  What sucks is that at the troop level, or our troop level anyhow, Boy Scouts is still all that it has ever been. 

But the jackasses at the top sure seem intent on destroying the organization and the value of the Eagle.

I'm wondering when there will be a push back from the rank and file against the BSA leadership?  Is it going to take a complete withdrawal of funds by the United Way or just so many people deserting BSA and Cub Scouts that they wither on the vine from lack of membership?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 04:29:07 pm »
I am an assistant scoutmaster.  I’ve got one son about to get his Eagle and the other is about two years away.  What sucks is that at the troop level, or our troop level anyhow, Boy Scouts is still all that it has ever been. 

But the jackasses at the top sure seem intent on destroying the organization and the value of the Eagle.

Wait till they have a few endurance related gender incidents at Philmont.  There will be eventual regret.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2018, 04:52:49 pm »
Should really take that “A” off of “BSA” and then it’d be an accurate moniker.
@Oceander

The article says older scouts will have a girl's program and a boy's program.  That will help.

Girl's bodies are made of softer tissue; boy's bodies have longer and firmer tendons/ligaments that make muscles stronger than gir's.  It is ridiculous to say girl's and boy's are the same so both should have the same exact physical training.
Another difference is, all girl's are slightly knock-kneed due to having wider hips than men - wider hips allows them to have babies.  Being slightly knock-kneed makes girl's have a disadvantage in running compared to men.

"Women tend to be knock-kneed because they have wider hips than men, and their thighbones curve inwards more sharply. The angle at which the thighbone, or femur, meets the lower leg bone, or tibia, is larger in women than in men, and is called the "Q angle.". Women’s tendency to be knock-kneed makes them prone to knee injuries."

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:12 pm »
@Oceander

The article says older scouts will have a girl's program and a boy's program.  That will help.

Girl's bodies are made of softer tissue; boy's bodies have longer and firmer tendons/ligaments that make muscles stronger than gir's.  It is ridiculous to say girl's and boy's are the same so both should have the same exact physical training.
Another difference is, all girl's are slightly knock-kneed due to having wider hips than men - wider hips allows them to have babies.  Being slightly knock-kneed makes girl's have a disadvantage in running compared to men.

"Women tend to be knock-kneed because they have wider hips than men, and their thighbones curve inwards more sharply. The angle at which the thighbone, or femur, meets the lower leg bone, or tibia, is larger in women than in men, and is called the "Q angle.". Women’s tendency to be knock-kneed makes them prone to knee injuries."

Yes, boys and girls will be separated. They will be together for camps and special outings. Our troop looks at this as a wonderful way for parents to have yet another way to have kids get together to accomplish things, while controlling how the genders act/interact with each other. BSA has been infiltrated with homosexuality, so our Monsignor hopes that this will inject wholesome, family values into an institution that desperately needs it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2018, 08:55:07 pm »
Some of that makes sense.  Leftist femininsm has devalued femininity to the point that I can see why they think themselves inferior to men, and that leads them to try to destroy masculinity to make everyone equal.

@Sanguine

I've always thought that much of feminism is about proving points...to the world and to the feminists themselves.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 09:24:06 pm »
@Sanguine

I've always thought that much of feminism is about proving points...to the world and to the feminists themselves.

Yes, they (most of them) can't compete as men, they have devalued being female, and what is left for them?  To bring men down.

Offline Slide Rule

Words That End in AN
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2018, 11:34:24 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:50 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2018, 11:42:15 am »
@Sanguine

@CatherineofAragon

You two are making perfect sense.  Your commentary exactly correct.  Kudos.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2018, 11:43:20 am »
I was a brownie when I was a little girl.

I wouldn't have joined - no- my parents wouldn't made me join I think if it was coed. I thought boys had cooties back then.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:55 am »
Yes, they (most of them) can't compete as men, they have devalued being female, and what is left for them?  To bring men down.

That is at the core of all identity politics.  "You are my "better", I want it."

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »
@Sanguine

@CatherineofAragon

Thank you, sir. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2018, 01:08:53 am »
@Sanguine

@CatherineofAragon

@Lando Lincoln

Thank you.

Offline verga

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2018, 10:49:14 am »
@Sanguine

@CatherineofAragon

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2018, 10:53:39 am »
The only reason I favor it is that it gives girls the opportunity to become Eagle Scouts, and maybe I am old fashioned, but I still think that even in this day and age it means something. In my classes I see that there are two groups that tend to excel, Boy Scouts and Farm kids. Both groups really know what hard work means and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.   
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2018, 12:03:45 pm »
The only reason I favor it is that it gives girls the opportunity to become Eagle Scouts, and maybe I am old fashioned, but I still think that even in this day and age it means something. In my classes I see that there are two groups that tend to excel, Boy Scouts and Farm kids. Both groups really know what hard work means and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.
It would be good if GSA started something equivalent to Eagle Scout for girls, then. Still not a fan of coed scouting.

As for your second point, I heartily agree. Mr. M and I were watching "The Amazing Dr. Pol," which follows a smalltown veterinarian as he works on both pets and farm animals. I commented that the farm kids we see on the show, most of whom are involved in raising animals for 4-H or the county fair, are the real hope of America - as opposed to the feminized David Hogg-like brats the media seem to love.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 01:25:37 am »
It would be good if GSA started something equivalent to Eagle Scout for girls, then. Still not a fan of coed scouting.

As for your second point, I heartily agree. Mr. M and I were watching "The Amazing Dr. Pol," which follows a smalltown veterinarian as he works on both pets and farm animals. I commented that the farm kids we see on the show, most of whom are involved in raising animals for 4-H or the county fair, are the real hope of America - as opposed to the feminized David Hogg-like brats the media seem to love.
:amen: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: