Author Topic: EPA Head Pruitt Proposes New Rules Defining What Science Can Be Used for Regulation  (Read 824 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
EPA Head Pruitt Proposes New Rules Defining What Science Can Be Used for Regulation

Written on Apr 27, 2018 by Deondre Nolan

The administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt, has proposed a new rule that will restrict the types of scientific research that can be used by the agency in making its regulatory decisions.

Under the proposed rule, the Environmental Protection Agency would only allow for the use of studies which make all data publicly available for anyone to analyze.

Pruitt contends that the new rule is a way to make decision-making by the agency more “transparent, objective and measurable.”

“The American people ought to be able to have confidence, assurance, that the findings, the record that we build … can be assessed, it can be evaluated, it can be analyzed,” Pruitt said, NPR reported.

“Era of secret science at EPA is coming to an end”

“The era of secret science at EPA is coming to an end,” Pruitt said. “The ability to test, authenticate, and reproduce scientific findings is vital for the integrity of rulemaking process. Americans deserve to assess the legitimacy of the science underpinning EPA decisions that may impact their lives.”......

https://mydailyconservativenews.com/post/epa-head-pruitt-proposes-new-rules-defining-science-can-used-regulation

This is good.  Its about time the Environmental cult has to show real science.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Dang, I've been wanting this for years.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Dang, I've been wanting this for years.

Me too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Slide Rule

Bill Nye will be along shortly to tell us
why this is precisely the wrong way to go.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
EPA Head Pruitt Proposes New Rules Defining What Science Can Be Used for Regulation

Written on Apr 27, 2018 by Deondre Nolan

The administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt, has proposed a new rule that will restrict the types of scientific research that can be used by the agency in making its regulatory decisions.

Under the proposed rule, the Environmental Protection Agency would only allow for the use of studies which make all data publicly available for anyone to analyze.

Pruitt contends that the new rule is a way to make decision-making by the agency more “transparent, objective and measurable.”

“The American people ought to be able to have confidence, assurance, that the findings, the record that we build … can be assessed, it can be evaluated, it can be analyzed,” Pruitt said, NPR reported.

“Era of secret science at EPA is coming to an end”

“The era of secret science at EPA is coming to an end,” Pruitt said. “The ability to test, authenticate, and reproduce scientific findings is vital for the integrity of rulemaking process. Americans deserve to assess the legitimacy of the science underpinning EPA decisions that may impact their lives.”......

https://mydailyconservativenews.com/post/epa-head-pruitt-proposes-new-rules-defining-science-can-used-regulation

This is good.  Its about time the Environmental cult has to show real science.

That is very good news.  The EPA has been an evil dictator for years and they didn't care who they hurt protecting the speckled horny toad or whatever.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sounds conservative to me
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is great!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the standpoint of "advancing a conservative agenda", Mr. Pruitt has been the most effective leader of the Trump administration yet.

That's why there's such an effort to discredit and remove him from his position.
And also why such efforts must be resisted, or... ignored.