Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15326 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2018, 12:57:00 am »
In order to have a contest, there must be at least two parties.  Both parties were guilty of being boring. 

If you have any other comments or questions on that topic, take it to PM.

@MOD3

Why you always picking on me
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline MOD3

Re: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:51 am »
@MOD3

Why you always picking on me

You're such a mod magnet. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2018, 01:38:30 am »
@dfwgator

Imagine you were on a bus.  Engaging in some locker room talk and unbeknown to you the other guy was recording it.

Then released it for national news. 

Now that would suck

Now imagine your on national television telling supporters to beat up protestors, mocking disabled reporters, joking about women bleeding out of their "whatever," and calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers.  Now imagine throngs of supporters cheering. 

I'm having a hard time building any sympathy for Trump apologist Sanders. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:07 am »

Well since you have about as much respect for the Trump administration as the average MSNBC host, why do you think anyone cares if you have sympathy or not?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:54 pm »
Well since you have about as much respect for the Trump administration as the average MSNBC host, why do you think anyone cares if you have sympathy or not?

@Frank Cannon
Two type of people;
One group of people tearing Trump down want to replace him with another Obama.  The other offers no alternative whatsoever.

I have no use and no respect for either.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:46 pm »
@Frank Cannon
Two type of people;
One group of people tearing Trump down want to replace him with another Obama.  The other offers no alternative whatsoever.

NOW...you're feelin' me!!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:45 pm »
@Frank Cannon
Two type of people;

Well not only do I not tear Trump down, BUT I have an alternative.

Two words: Joey Fatone.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2018, 12:40:07 pm »
Well not only do I not tear Trump down, BUT I have an alternative.

Two words: Joey Fatone.

One word.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:44:21 pm by driftdiver »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2018, 12:43:47 pm »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2018, 12:44:59 pm »
No silly. 'N Sync.

My first image wouldn't post as it had a bad word in the link.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2018, 12:48:42 pm »
Now imagine your on national television telling supporters to beat up protestors, mocking disabled reporters, joking about women bleeding out of their "whatever," and calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers.  Now imagine throngs of supporters cheering. 

You do realize her job position, right?

I would hope you treated Ari Fleischer, Scott McClellan, Tony Snow, Robert Gibbs, Josh Earnest and Sean Spicer with the same level of disrespect. White House Press Secretaries lose their own voice the moment they take the job. They HAVE to say what their bosses say in order to keep their paycheck. That's probably why Mrs. Sanders didn't leave the dinner: she knew when she took the job that it required a total loss of dignity.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:09 pm »

I would hope you treated Ari Fleischer, Scott McClellan, Tony Snow, Robert Gibbs, Josh Earnest and Sean Spicer with the same level of disrespect. White House Press Secretaries lose their own voice the moment they take the job. They HAVE to say what their bosses say in order to keep their paycheck. That's probably why Mrs. Sanders didn't leave the dinner: she knew when she took the job that it required a total loss of dignity.

@jmyrlefuller
I thought she was very dignified.   The lack of dignity existed with the woman who attacked her and those who blame Mrs. Sanders for being attacked.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2018, 01:54:45 pm »
@jmyrlefuller
I thought she was very dignified.   The lack of dignity existed with the woman who attacked her and those who blame Mrs. Sanders for being attacked.

I thought she was, too.  She put the rest of that room to shame.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2018, 02:45:29 pm »

@Frank Cannon  You respond to my post, and ask me why I think anyone cares.  :pondering:
I rarely view MSNBC out of choice, but I believe I have much more respect for President Trump than any MSNBC host.  You may know the hosts better, but I doubt any applauded the President of the GOP for taxcuts, Gorsuch, and moving the Israel embassy to Jerusalem, as I have. 

I participate in public debate to help form my opinions.  I offered a contrasting point to the reaction over the White House Correspondence Dinner with examples of the President's speech and behavior as well as the reaction of his supporters.  I was looking to find some recognition of the hypocrisy that is see.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2018, 02:47:01 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

^^^^

This!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2018, 02:51:32 pm »

I participate in public debate to help form my opinions.

LOL. You rely on a bunch of cracked pots on a nebulous forum to formulate your thinking? Good God man.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2018, 02:55:47 pm »
LOL. You rely on a bunch of cracked pots on a nebulous forum to formulate your thinking? Good God man.

A man or a lesbian in a mans body who is married to another man in pretends to be a woman who is a lesbian in a mans body.

Silver Pines

Re: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2018, 03:54:49 pm »
I didn't know about her abortion "joke", but it puts what she said about Sanders in the shade. 

"He (Pence) thinks abortion is murder which, first of all, don't knock it 'til you try it — and when you do try it, really knock it. You know, you've got to get that baby out of there."

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2018, 04:06:59 pm »

@jmyrlefuller
I can think of one White House press secretary who refused to stick around long enough to lose his dignity---J.F. terHorst, who walked after one month over Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon. Whatever you do or don't think of that pardon, there's something admirable about a man who refuses to defend what he thinks is the indefensible. (terHorst decided to resign when he learned of the pardon the night before Ford was to announce it publicly; he once said he "stayed up most of that night just formulating a three-paragraph letter of resignation.")
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:27:25 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2018, 04:17:05 pm »

You have constructed an excellent argument.  You present your interpretation of my post, and a forceful counter argument, backed up by logic and facts.  It is honest and is designed to illicit a response, without belittling me.  That is a skill.

I respect Ari Fleischer, Scott McClellan, and Tony Snow greatly because of who they chose to represent.  I had a lot of sympathy for the job they did.  I had that sympathy because President Bush IMO was by his speech and actions a President of all the people.  I believe he had rules and standards of conduct.  I believe he wouldn't publicly make fun of elected officials, media figures, groups or individual Americans because of their looks, gender, race, religion, or intelligence.  YMMV but I would like to hope none of President Bush's Press Secretaries feel the damage to their dignity wasn't worth the reward. 

Still I have found fault with all 3 at some time and I would not be shocked if I have insinuated or outright proclaimed each as apologists in the past.  I imagine I have found times when I treated them with the same level of disrespect.     

You have invited me to disparage or defend rats Robert Gibbs, and Josh Earnest.  I decline.  The only nice thing I feel compelled to say about Josh Earnest is I love his name.  Obama sucked and I don't need to convince you why.

I respected Spicer's resignation most, but I respect Spicer because I like Spicer.  It is human nature to defend the people we like, Thank God.  I excuse his propaganda because I knew him from twitter a year before he became Press Secretary.  I at least know who he wants me to think he is.

He is wicked funny and smart as a whip, but when called to regurgitate the President's BS he said "largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period."  First day.

I know a Press Secretary has to say what she is told.  That does not require me to respect her position.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to clarify my opinion.

« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »
Who else will put up with us @Frank Cannon ?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »
. . . President Bush . . . I believe he had rules and standards of conduct.  I believe he wouldn't publicly make fun of elected officials, media figures, groups or individual Americans because of their looks, gender, race, religion, or intelligence.
Those were probably the most admirable qualities about George W. Bush.

But if he was "president of all the people," then it should have called the people's wisdom, never mind his, into serious question.

« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »
Those were probably the most admirable qualities about George W. Bush.

But if he was "president of all the people," then it should have called the people's wisdom, never mind his, into serious question.

Dubya failed at many things.  I am not embarrassed to say I voted for him twice.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2018, 05:34:33 pm »
Dubya failed at many things.  I am not embarrassed to say I voted for him twice.
I voted for him once; then, seeing precisely what the aforementioned book describes take place, and seeing concurrently the corruption of the Libertarian Party presidential candidate Harry Browne in 2004, I changed my registration to independent and cast a write-in vote for Groucho Marx, on two grounds:

a) I remembered Artemus Ward's counsel that if we couldn't find a live man who amounted to anything, by all means let's have a first class corpse. (And, if the dead could vote in Chicago, the living should be able to vote for the dead.)

b) Any man who could say as Groucho Marx once did, Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions, showed more political wisdom than anyone running for office alive and well.

I've lived in Nevada since 2007, and there is no write-in vote allowed here, so the only viable option for me since has been "None of These Candidates." I cast it in 2008, 2012, and 2016, and I still think it was the only reasonable vote I could cast without robbing me of the ability to sleep at night.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:35:43 pm by EasyAce »