Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15346 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2018, 03:10:37 pm »
I dunno, Frank.  From your picture, you're not exactly a tiny guy.

I may sound like Frank sometimes....but I'm a lot nastier.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2018, 04:06:45 pm »
I stand by my comment that those adult males who feel the need to treat women in a degrading fashion are not behaving as men, but as boys.
@musiclady
We have, alas, a few such creatures around here, too, especially when articles written by women with whom they disagree are posted. They are (thankfully) few, but they are there, attacking those ladies (before or even instead of attacking their messages) in terms that would have been considered obscene in the parlour of Larry Flynt himself.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2018, 05:56:13 pm »
@musiclady
We have, alas, a few such creatures around here, too, especially when articles written by women with whom they disagree are posted. They are (thankfully) few, but they are there, attacking those ladies (before or even instead of attacking their messages) in terms that would have been considered obscene in the parlour of Larry Flynt himself.

You are absolutely correct, @EasyAce .   Thanks for the reinforcement.

What I said was not even remotely controversial, as the evidence for such behavior is clear.

The fact that gentlemen abound on this forum is also clear, and as a woman, I very much appreciate it!

So thanks again!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2018, 06:04:51 pm »
I'm sorry, @RoosGirl , but it shouldn't be that complicated, and you're bright enough to catch the difference between the two concepts.

So I'll restate my point and leave it alone.  My calling men who belittle women on a regular basis "boys" is not "degrading men."  It is specifically referring to a subset of men who haven't grown up yet.  The vast majority of men don't do that, so I am not degrading men as a group.  Just (accurately) describing the boys among them.

There are also plenty of women who haven't grown up yet, and you may freely call them "girls" without being guilty of "degrading women."  Get it?

Once again, my comment referred to a small subset of the male gender who are so insecure that they feel the need to debase women in order to feel better about themselves.   

If you still can't discern the clear distinction I am making, and have made repeatedly, please take it to private messaging, as the point was clear from the beginning, and I see no reason to continue to publicly defend something you obviously already understand.

Yeah, I got it already.  You're degrading people (who happen to be men) for their degrading behavior towards women by calling them boys.  You've decided they deserve to be treated the same way they're treating women, and maybe they do, but do we have to dance around the issue that the intent is to degrade them because of their behavior?  I'm fine with it if that's what you want to do, but why pretend that's not what you're doing?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2018, 06:09:00 pm »
I dunno, Frank.  From your picture, you're not exactly a tiny guy.

That's not me. I'm just one of her "Sub-contractors".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2018, 06:13:11 pm »
They managed to make the White House Press Secretary, one of the most despised positions in America, a sympathetic figure. Congratulations.

The backlash on that has been enormous.  Sarah Sanders is actually VERY popular and she was amazed at how many people came to her defense via twitter and Facebook.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2018, 06:14:28 pm »
That's not me. I'm just one of her "Sub-contractors".

I am not a "she."  Mrs. Liberty, whom you have spoken with will attest to that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2018, 06:16:37 pm »
I am not a "she."  Mrs. Liberty, whom you have spoken with will attest to that.

I know. I like hectoring that broad.

BTW, when did I call you a "She"? I believe you are mistaking me for another poster.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2018, 06:20:24 pm »
I hope we have reached a turning point now.
The discourse in society has become more coarse and vulgar over the years, no doubt about it.
I've heard on the way to work this morning that media folks, both left and right wing, were upset about this WHCD monologue.
Maybe some good will come out of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »
The discourse in society has become more coarse and vulgar over the years, no doubt about it.
I've heard on the way to work this morning that media folks, both left and right wing, were upset about this WHCD monologue.

@GrouchoTex let's hope. America doesn't have much of an attention span these days before they are distracted by the next shiny object
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »

The thing is, it's nothing new.  Just watch Wanda Sykes from the 2009 WHCD.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:56 pm »

Maybe something good will come of it.  Our society has pretty much bottomed out.   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2018, 06:38:35 pm »

@dfwgator
As I recall people were pretty disgusted with Wanda at the time.   I think this new chick out did Wanda though.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2018, 06:39:51 pm »
I know. I like hectoring that broad.

BTW, when did I call you a "She"? I believe you are mistaking me for another poster.

Naw, I just misread your post.  It's hard to keep things straight sometimes.  Everything happens to me... :crying:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2018, 06:46:44 pm »
@dfwgator
As I recall people were pretty disgusted with Wanda at the time.   I think this new chick out did Wanda though.

It was definitely a "hold muh beer" moment...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2018, 06:47:45 pm »
Yeah, I got it already.  You're degrading people (who happen to be men) for their degrading behavior towards women by calling them boys.  You've decided they deserve to be treated the same way they're treating women, and maybe they do, but do we have to dance around the issue that the intent is to degrade them because of their behavior?  I'm fine with it if that's what you want to do, but why pretend that's not what you're doing?

Please take this to PM since you're still confused and determined to make this what it is not. 

No more responses to you here. 

:seeya:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »
Please take this to PM since you're still confused and determined to make this what it is not. 

No more responses to you here. 

:seeya:

@RoosGirl
IOW please do not point my hypocrisy in public.  Its embarrassing and degrading.    And since you're being degrading towards a woman I'm gonna have to start calling you boy

Which ironically (and to bring this ALLLLL the way back around and on topic) is exactly what this wolfie woman was doing, degrading another woman.  Ok well she did it to several but my point stands.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2018, 06:58:06 pm »
Enough!  Take the boring little pissing contest elsewhere.  It's not only boring, but completely off topic.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:00:50 pm by MOD3 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2018, 07:01:28 pm »

No doubt about that.
I can think of things said about Nixon and moving forward, about all presidents, but I think it was more fringe and less mainstream.
I think it has become more mainstream as time has gone by.

I was reading something the other day, I think it was an article by Jonah Goldberg.
It mentioned that as Americans, we long to be outsiders, rebels, it's our history since the Declaration of Independence, the founding.
Rock and Roll, Tattoos, swearing, all the way to things like lately the acceptance of several sexual genders are ways to rebel, shock, not be a square, etc.
The funny thing is, now doing the right things is out of the norm, rebellious.
Straight, married, homeowners, with kids, working full time, is portrayed as being "way out there".
Everybody is vulgar, so it isn't cool anymore.
Hopefully, it will go back to the fringe.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2018, 07:04:53 pm »
@RoosGirl
IOW please do not point my hypocrisy in public.  Its embarrassing and degrading.    And since you're being degrading towards a woman I'm gonna have to start calling you boy

Which ironically (and to bring this ALLLLL the way back around and on topic) is exactly what this wolfie woman was doing, degrading another woman.  Ok well she did it to several but my point stands.

Degrading people is a certain type of humor; take Don Rickles as a recent example used around here somewhere.  This woman just wasn't funny, and neither was Wanda.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2018, 07:10:24 pm »
Degrading people is a certain type of humor; take Don Rickles as a recent example used around here somewhere. 

Screw you. You know right were that came from Hockey Puck.....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »
Enough!  Take the boring little pissing contest elsewhere.  It's not only boring, but completely off topic.

It's not off topic at all.  The woman in the video was using degradation as a form of humor, which everyone has condemned her for, and that is how we got upon the topic of using degrading language.  Are we only allowed to condemn leftists for using degrading language?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2018, 07:14:38 pm »

Oh yes, it was you, wasn't it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2018, 07:19:09 pm »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2018, 07:21:50 pm »

@MOD3   @mystery-ak

aye aye Sir! 

I should know by now the only people its acceptable to criticize around here are Trump supporters.