Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15338 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2018, 08:31:52 pm »
Yeah, I'd have done the same thing as well, but you're right, this is a different crowd.  "Sitting and taking it" is what people like that have to do in order to allow the speaker to look as foolish as possible, because getting up and leaving would have become the story, eclipsing the really foul behavior.  This game is played trough the jaded lens of the biased press.

@Cyber Liberty

That's a good point.  The general opinion I'm seeing on Twitter, even from some liberals, is that the distrust in the media and anger toward the left was solidified even more last night.  They still don't get it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2018, 08:37:08 pm »
Go to your average Free Republic thread on Michelle Obama as an example and get back to me.

That reasoning is pathetic, @AbaraXas   *****rollingeyes*****

You're going to compare a Conservative political forum with a televised WHC Dinner?

Why don't YOU get back to me when you can cite Michelle Obama being the target of a raunchy haze.....by the mainstream media.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2018, 08:37:45 pm »
You are talking about one website, containing opinions of private citizens versus the entire Mass Media Complex.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:02 pm »
:beer:

You know what?  I'm going to raise a glass to @dfwgator for that too.  :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2018, 08:49:10 pm »
You know what?  I'm going to raise a glass to @dfwgator for that too.  :beer:

Prodigious!   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2018, 08:58:53 pm »
Prodigious!   

Running the risk of "Me too-ism" here....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »
Not so.

There was an entire thread where the poster (and a few others) defended Trump's "locker room talk" as being nothing to be concerned about.   Just words that every guy uses.

And there have been a host of other Trump defenders who have used "just locker room talk" as a way to say that Trump's bragging about molesting women was nothing to worry about.

The hypocrisy is, after all the garbage Trump has said about women and men, the same people would be offended that others are trash talking him.

The consistency is with people who think it's either wrong either way (me and mystery) or no big deal either way.

Hope that clears things up for you, @Emjay

@musiclady   Hey, I would be remiss if I didn't appreciate your attempts to clear things up with me.

But the point is, people defending Trump's so-called locker room talk are few and far between.  I don't know of anyone here who does.  Maybe you do.

I'm an old-fashioned woman who doesn't like smut in any form or by anybody.

However, a lot of people are inured to all that stuff.

At any rate, I don't judge Trump strictly by his past or his tweets and, as far as I know, he has not made public statements or even tweets, using profane language.

I'm trying to judge Trump by his Presidential actions a lot of which I like.  That's all.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2018, 09:03:19 pm »
Running the risk of "Me too-ism" here....

Aint Nobody got time for that!  😂

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2018, 09:12:44 pm »
@musiclady   Hey, I would be remiss if I didn't appreciate your attempts to clear things up with me.

But the point is, people defending Trump's so-called locker room talk are few and far between.  I don't know of anyone here who does.  Maybe you do.

At any rate, I don't judge Trump strictly by his past or his tweets and, as far as I know, he has not made public statements or even tweets, using profane language.

I'm trying to judge Trump by his Presidential actions a lot of which I like.  That's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLv6rmnYf4#
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:13:18 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2018, 09:34:45 pm »
So it was the Daily Show that caused Trump to attack Rosie O'Donnell.   Who knew.
There is no excuse.  There is no justification.  There is a lot of dissembling about whose fault we are such a poor example.
Other than Lindsey Graham and Muckabee, I would have accepted any of the other republicans  as president.   I will never in a million years understand the Evangelical community constantly defending the behavior of this president.
We can and must do better in the future.
The President wasn't even there, and considering the point you so plainly missed was that Ms. Wolf's behavior is only related to Trump's in that it emboldened her to escalate it even further but would still be vulgar even if Trump were not President (note how many people she attacked last night)... I fail to see your point here. Trump has next to nothing to do with this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2018, 09:39:35 pm »
And this is nothing new for them

! No longer available

Y'all can't blame that on Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2018, 09:58:44 pm »

I'm also 'old-fashioned' and don't like any form of profanity or obscenity, nor degradation of women.

That's what puts me on the receiving end of ridicule by a few of the boys here on TBR.

But that's OK.   When you have standards as we do (I mean that seriously), we aren't driven from them by internet ridicule.

There are lots of us here on TBR, and that's why I like it here.

@Emjay
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2018, 10:25:00 pm »
I'm also 'old-fashioned' and don't like any form of profanity or obscenity, nor degradation of women.

That's what puts me on the receiving end of ridicule by a few of the boys here on TBR.

But that's OK.   When you have standards as we do (I mean that seriously), we aren't driven from them by internet ridicule.

There are lots of us here on TBR, and that's why I like it here.

@Emjay

She doesn't like degradation of women but is fine degrading men.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2018, 10:51:12 pm »

Interesting.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2018, 10:59:07 pm »

Not you, @driftdiver.  You have never ridiculed me for my faith or my moral standards.

And I appreciate that.

A couple of others have not been so kind.   I have been on the receiving end of some not so nice "pokes."

But that's OK.  I'm a big girl.  I don't have either of them on Ignore because I can handle myself and their mockery just fine.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2018, 11:02:33 pm »
Interesting.

Of course, you know I don't do that.

Not the innocent ones at least.  If they degrade women, I call them on it.  (Only occasionally).

That's it.

(And most of the time I ignore them, because I believe they have the freedom to express their 'values,' or lack thereof, whether they believe in my freedom to express mine, or not).

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2018, 11:07:04 pm »
Of course, you know I don't do that.

Not the innocent ones at least.  If they degrade women, I call them on it.  (Only occasionally).

That's it.

(And most of the time I ignore them, because I believe they have the freedom to express their 'values,' or lack thereof, whether they believe in my freedom to express mine, or not).

Actually, I kind of see his point that it's degrading to call a man a boy.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2018, 11:13:50 pm »
Actually, I kind of see his point that it's degrading to call a man a boy.

In fairness.....her use of "boy" in the context she was using it, is perfectly appropriate.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2018, 11:17:41 pm »
In fairness.....her use of "boy" in the context she was using it, is perfectly appropriate.

"Boys" used as a term of camaraderie is perfectly appropriate.  Her use did not come across as a term of camaraderie.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2018, 11:23:56 pm »
"Boys" used as a term of camaraderie is perfectly appropriate.  Her use did not come across as a term of camaraderie.

Separating a man from a "boy" when speaking about how they talk about a woman's belief/moral system....as 'weird' as it may appear sometimes....is actually clever on her part.

....and I'm not a particular fan, as I defend it.   :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2018, 11:25:02 pm »
Bleh. Who didn't see this coming from this lame event. The whole pack of them are nutjobs.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2018, 11:31:21 pm »
Bleh. Who didn't see this coming from this lame event. The whole pack of them are nutjobs.

Bravo for bringing the Topic back in focus!  I agree with you, and it appears the President does too.  I wouldn't sit through one of these abortions if I was him, either.  What the Press dickheads call "humor" has taken an ugly turn since the last election.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2018, 11:37:34 pm »
Bravo for bringing the Topic back in focus!  I agree with you, and it appears the President does too.  I wouldn't sit through one of these abortions if I was him, either.  What the Press dickheads call "humor" has taken an ugly turn since the last election.

I'm shocked that there were generally sensible people in attendance to that losers prom. Matt Schlapp? Come on now. He should know better.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:51 pm »

Everyone wants a front row seat to watch a train wreck. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2018, 11:43:52 pm »
Separating a man from a "boy" when speaking about how they talk about a woman's belief/moral system....as 'weird' as it may appear sometimes....is actually clever on her part.

....and I'm not a particular fan, as I defend it.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot

It has its uses.  A post complaining about degradation of women isn't one of em.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.