Author Topic: South Korea credits Trump for opening door to talks with North  (Read 492 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
y Mick Krever and Jo Shelley, CNN

Updated 8:23 AM ET, Thu April 26, 2018

Source: CNN
South Korea credits Trump for talks with North 02:11
Amanpour's interview with the South Korean Foreign Minister airs at 8pm CET on CNN International and 11pm ET on PBS.

(CNN)South Korea's foreign minister has said she believes President Donald Trump is largely responsible for bringing North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to the negotiating table.
Speaking ahead of Friday's historic summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, Kang Kyung-wha told CNN that the US President had played a significant role in bringing the two sides together.
"Clearly, credit goes to President Trump," Kang told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in Seoul. "He's been determined to come to grips with this from day one."
Kim will become the first North Korean leader to cross the Military Demarcation Line between North and South orea on Friday for talks with South Korean President Moon Jae-in. President Trump is expected to meet with Kim in May or June.

Kang told Amanpour that the détente was unexpected. "I think we're all surprised. Obviously pleasantly surprised. I think by all indications we are headed towards a very successful summit between my president and Chairman Kim tomorrow."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/world/korea-summit-kang-kyung-wha-amanpour-intl/index.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."