Author Topic: DARKHORSE: Growing Wave Of Support For Jim Jordan To Take Over As Speaker  (Read 1660 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DARKHORSE: Growing Wave Of Support For Jim Jordan To Take Over As Speaker

Robert Donachie
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
4:30 PM 04/12/2018

Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan is getting pressure to throw his name into the mix to replace outgoing Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, but he is not yet willing to say whether or not he intends to make a bid for the speakership in the coming months.

“What’s important is not who the next speaker is, but what the next speaker does,” Jordan told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “It’s time to start delivering on what we told the American people we would do.”

Forty-eight-year-old Ryan officially will not seek re-election in November, validating months of speculation around Washington the speaker was ready to hang up his hat after serving nearly two decades in Congress, he officially announced Wednesday morning. Ryan made the decision to spend more time with his family so as not to be a “weekend” father, he told reporters.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/12/darkhorse-jim-jordan-speaker-of-the-house/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jordan would be a good choice.  And, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be hilarious.

Offline Frank Cannon

“What’s important is not who the next speaker is, but what the next speaker does,” Jordan told The Daily Caller News

Well he has the meaningless blather down for a GOP Speaker. He'll do just fine.

Offline musiclady

I still believe that Jim Jordan is one of only a handful of principled conservatives remaining in DC.

If he is chosen l may have a glimmer of hope for the future.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

It would be a dystopian future where McDonalds doesn't sell french fries and the Mets win every World Series.

Offline musiclady

It would be a dystopian future where McDonalds doesn't sell french fries and the Mets win every World Series.

I hope that makes sense to you, cause to me it’s utterly nonsensical.

Of course so is much of what you say on this forum, so there’s that.....

At least you amuse yourself.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:27:20 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I hope that makes sense to you, cause to me it’s utterly nonsensical.

Of course so is much of what you say on this forum, so there’s that.....

At least you amuse yourself.  *****rollingeyes*****

You have to get a little closer to understand his sense of humor.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

You have to get a little closer to understand his sense of humor.

I’ve been close enough to not appreciate his humor.

In fact, lately he’s been attacking me personally with his ‘humor.’

Fortunately, I am unaffected by barbs and laugh at the thought that after all this time he actually thinks I’ll give up what’s most important to me because of some internet bully’s ‘humor.’
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:59:11 pm by musiclady »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Jordan would be a much MUCH better choice than one of Boehner's former lieutenants and the guy Ryan just endorsed today...Kevin McCarthy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

Fortunately, I am unaffected by barbs and laugh at the thought that after all this time he actually thinks I’ll give up what’s most important to me because of some internet bully’s ‘humor.’

I don't give a shit what you believe in. I just like poking you in the eye. It's as simple as that.

Offline musiclady

I don't give a shit what you believe in. I just like poking you in the eye. It's as simple as that.

Post removed because fighting with Frank is too easy, and I'm tired of winning.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:34:40 pm by musiclady »

Offline bilo

I still believe that Jim Jordan is one of only a handful of principled conservatives remaining in DC.

I agree with you, but it's probably just a scheme to try and generate some conservative support for the Pubs. Thy will give us all kinds of indications he has a real chance and then after the mid-term elections, if they still control the House, some hack supported by the Tuesday Group will be made speaker.

As far as I'm concerned the Pubs have made it very clear they don't care about any conservative social issues, or small govt. They just want to be in charge.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline musiclady

I agree with you, but it's probably just a scheme to try and generate some conservative support for the Pubs. Thy will give us all kinds of indications he has a real chance and then after the mid-term elections, if they still control the House, some hack supported by the Tuesday Group will be made speaker.

As far as I'm concerned the Pubs have made it very clear they don't care about any conservative social issues, or small govt. They just want to be in charge.

You know, after a moment of optimism, I think you're probably right about that.

None of the Repub elites all the way up to Trump want anything to do with an actual conservative like Jordan.   :shrug:

That was made clear in May of 2016, and pounded in deeper ever since.

We are people without a party.

Online DB

In short, the well is already poisoned.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Jordan would be a much MUCH better choice than one of Boehner's former lieutenants and the guy Ryan just endorsed today...Kevin McCarthy.

But, He's dead Jim!
 And so are his chances too I hope.

Offline Frank Cannon

And your poking absolutely impotent.   Save your strength for other endeavors.  I'm pretty sure you need it there.

Don't worry. I had a Sheriff throw a woman and her kid out on the street this afternoon so now I am freed up.

Now why don't you enlighten me more on how another lifer do nothing guy is going to save the party?

Offline Mod1

Quit with the personal attacks.  It's boring and counterproductive.

Offline Frank Cannon

But, He's dead Jim!
 And so are his chances too I hope.

Nicely played.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I don't believe a leader of the Freedom Caucus would ever accept responsibility as Speaker, certainly not if the GOP retains its majority (a dim hope, I realize).   The FC has never been interested in leadership, only disruption. 

The FC are the types of Republicans who function best as permanent back-benchers. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't believe a leader of the Freedom Caucus would ever accept responsibility as Speaker, certainly not if the GOP retains its majority (a dim hope, I realize).   The FC has never been interested in leadership, only disruption. 

The FC are the types of Republicans who function best as permanent back-benchers.

Yeah, those conscientious guys are a real bore.  I mean, who needs that?  Being constantly reminded of their legal limits and reminded to do what they should do?  Serious drag.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:36:30 pm by Sanguine »

Offline dfwgator

I thought in the future all restaurants are Taco Bell.

Offline musiclady

Don't worry. I had a Sheriff throw a woman and her kid out on the street this afternoon so now I am freed up.

Now why don't you enlighten me more on how another lifer do nothing guy is going to save the party?

Wow.   An actual serious thought.   Go figure....

Because, while it is difficult, it IS possible to maintain principles in DC, and Jordan has done that. 

But I agree with the poster above who thinks it's just another ploy by the GOPe to get us to support their Trumpist/leftist party.

You might fall for that as a dedicated Trump guy, but I won't.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:33:10 pm by musiclady »

Offline GrouchoTex

Nonsense.
Their numbers are not sufficient enough to make up for being back-benchers (for now), but I, for one, am glad they are a disruption.
The last thing we need is a bunch of weak-kneed, half-liberal RINO's, going along to get along, just pushing us further into debt, and imposing more Government interference into our daily lives.

No thank you.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:41:19 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Night Hides Not

Nonsense.
There numbers are not sufficient enough to make up for being back-benchers (for now), but I, for one, am glad they are a disruption.
The last thing we need is a bunch of weak-kneed, half-liberal RINO's, going along to get along, just pushing us further into debt, and imposing more Government interference into our daily lives.

No thank you.

Last paragraph encapsulates Kevin McCarthy.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Last paragraph encapsulates Kevin McCarthy.

Yes, it does.  Didn't like Paul Ryan?  Kevin McCarthy will make Ryan look good (or at least better).