Author Topic: White Democrat Legislator: I Don't Have to Worry About Diversity, Because I'm a Member of the Africa  (Read 572 times)

Offline endicom

White Democrat Legislator: I Don't Have to Worry About Diversity, Because I'm a Member of the African American Community

Ace of Spades HQ
Ace of Spades
Apr. 13, 2018

Me too. I was one of the very, very few people to pay to see Mario Van Peebles, Jr.'s Posse, a mostly-black-cast western, in the theater, and I think that makes me a member of the African American community as well.

But you know who I didn't see in the theater? This honky.

A white North Carolina Democratic candidate brushed aside questions earlier this week about ensuring diversity in his state by saying he is a member of the black community.

House of Representatives candidate Gary Shipman said he doesn't need to worry about diversity because he has already experience it as a member of the African-American community, reported The News & Observer Wednesday.

"I'm a member of the African-American community," Shipman said. "I've been where you are. I've been in your communities."

More... http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=374774

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:40:46 am by endicom »

Offline endicom

There are Tarheels and there are Tarholes.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Uh huh... and I live next to a Sikh doctor and an Indian hotel chain owner, so obviously I'm part of the Punjabi community...

Offline musiclady

Another one of these "I identify as....." lefties  who lives outside of reality??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I was reading Black Panther comics long before Marvel started making movies. 
I'm out.
peace.