Author Topic: Retiring GOP lawmakers cut loose on Trump  (Read 581 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Retiring GOP lawmakers cut loose on Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:44:26 pm »
“It’s exhausting,” centrist Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), who announced his retirement last fall, told The Hill. “What we’ve gotten out of the administration is all this disruption, and it’s very destabilizing.”

Dent had nothing negative to say. That's good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:52 am »
Those who liked the direction the country was headed are apt to 'cut loose' on Trump.

Those who think the nation was headed steadily down the commode during the past thirty or forty years are likely to withhold fire.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:08:38 am »
“It’s exhausting,” centrist Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), who announced his retirement last fall, told The Hill. “What we’ve gotten out of the administration is all this disruption, and it’s very destabilizing.”

Dent had nothing negative to say. That's good.

First off, Dent is about as Left as any generic Rat pol you can think of. He is Pro Abortion, has said questionable stuff on guns, was MIA on getting rid of Obamacare. I also know that he has been looking for an excuse to bail since the Tea Party started. I was at a fundraiser years ago where he kept a low profile and left early because he was scared people might ask him about stopping Obamacare. It was pathetic. He was also one of the early supporters of No Labels.

If this is they type of GOPer heading for the doors and slamming Trump, good riddance.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 12:10:17 am »
To loosely quote that Motley Crue song.

"Don't go away mad, just go away."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:29:53 am »
Title:
"Retiring GOP lawmakers cut loose on Trump"

I sense the reason that they're "retiring" is that they no longer can just sit back and enjoy the gravy train they had up until 2017. Do nothing and get paid for it.

If this is a by-product of "cleaning out the swamp", well, that's what I voted for!

Goodbye, fellas. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 01:19:05 am »
When you are drawing the greatest fire that’s where the enemy is.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:17:33 pm »
What amazes me about those people is the sense of political entitlement.  The concept that they are just the representative conduit through which ordinary people are supposed to determine the direction of the country is completely absent.  They're offended that so many voters don't seem to agree with them.