Author Topic: 5 Health Risks Of Eating Your Food Too Quickly  (Read 524 times)

rangerrebew

5 Health Risks Of Eating Your Food Too Quickly
« on: April 07, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »
5 Health Risks Of Eating Your Food Too Quickly
Apr 3, 2018 06:45 AM By Sadhana Bharanidharan

What you eat matters, but what about the speed at which you eat?

According to WebMD, most Americans eat their food too quickly. Health experts have suggested that it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to establish proper digestion and portion control. Studies from recent years have also found that rushing through meals and not chewing enough can pose a number of health risks.

Diabetes

https://www.medicaldaily.com/5-health-risks-eating-your-food-too-quickly-423358

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: 5 Health Risks Of Eating Your Food Too Quickly
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:32:55 pm »
The number one risk? Everyone else at the table staring at you like you're a freak because they have hardly even started on their food.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:47:18 pm »
The number one risk? Everyone else at the table staring at you like you're a freak because they have hardly even started on their food.

Used to work with a guy like that. And it was funny whenever we all went out to lunch together. I don't know if he was a competitive eater or what it was, but he could finish a full plate of food (same as we all had) in just a little over a minute. LOL

Then he had to sit there like a dope, asking for more bread, for the next 20 minutes while the rest of us ate like human beings. He didn't want to order seconds because he was on a diet, according to him.

The guy was amazing. He was awkward to eat with, but he was amazing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 01:15:28 am »
I got into the bad habit of woofing down my lunch at work.  There were many days when I ate lunch at my desk.  Ever try typing with one hand and eating with the other?  I became expert at that trick.   Gave me constant indigestion and helped make me fat. 

Even now that I'm retired, I have to consciously pace myself.  Chew everything 20 times before swallowing, put the fork or spoon down after every mouthful.  It's not been an easy habit to break, but I'm doing better at it.  I feel a lot better too.