Author Topic: Trump says he’ll guard Mexican border with military  (Read 4639 times)

Online corbe

Re: Trump says he’ll guard Mexican border with military
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 01:24:09 am »
   The more things change, the more they stay the same, this disastrous immigration policy seems reminiscent of the Mariel Boat Lift and wet foot, dry foot.  Just incomprehensible.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2018, 01:32:08 am »
??? I'm not so sure about that. If I'm recalling correctly Bammy was invited to the border by Perry and refused to actually visit along the borderline and he didn't send in the national guard; Perry called up the TX national guard.  Bammy refused to help him and left cost up to TX.  'W' I believe also did not send in troops; he only increased border patrol, but from what I was told border patrol was told to stand down and were actually outnumbered and outgunned by the cartel.

Operation Phalanx and Jump Start.  Feel free to look them up.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2018, 01:55:35 am »
    For someone that took an Oath to protect our Constitution, the guarantee of 'Post Roads and Offices' is currently getting screwed by Amazon, the protection of our Borders is getting screwed by demonrats and their Liberal Judges and negotiation of International Treaties is still debatable depending on your definition of Capitalism.

If this winning continues, I'll have to go into Rehab.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 01:59:09 am »
Information noted, thank you.  Bottom line; we need a darn wall!

Yes, but this caravan isn't new.  They've done this every year around Easter, since 2010.  The only difference this year is the size.  It's 1000 people instead of a few hundred.  The ones who have actually gotten to the border were detained and few have actually received asylum.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 02:10:41 am »

Yes, but this caravan isn't new.  They've done this every year around Easter, since 2010.  The only difference this year is the size.  It's 1000 people instead of a few hundred.  The ones who have actually gotten to the border were detained and few have actually received asylum.

Oh those pesky facts.   22222frying pan
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 02:27:22 am »

Yes, I realize that they've done this for years.  I feel that difference is also Trump.  They are testing him BIGLY.  They want to see if indeed he will stand strong or cave.  I believe it is his response now that is going to send a message to those considering future invasions.

We have no wall as he bragged that we would have and so 'they' feel free to march right on in.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2018, 02:37:38 am »
Yes, I realize that they've done this for years.  I feel that difference is also Trump.  They are testing him BIGLY.  They want to see if indeed he will stand strong or cave.  I believe it is his response now that is going to send a message to those considering future invasions.

We have no wall as he bragged that we would have and so 'they' feel free to march right on in.

Undeniably true.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:38:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline edpc

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen in today’s press briefing admitted the $1.6B from the budget is for replacement of existing portions and she considers that project to be construction of new wall.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 08:17:04 pm »
What good are troops without the will to fire on unarmed invaders?

It isn't just about will, it is the legality. The military, including the National Guard who go through the same training and have the same ROI rules, will not fire on unarmed civilians, even crossing illegally. They are bound to Geneva Convention rules. They can block or detain, but all the whoops and hollars from some hoping for an armed respond just isn't going to happen.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 08:21:04 pm »

True. And I noticed from their page last night, this is more of a political statement about the US and Mexico propping up oppressive governments in Guatemala (their charge) versus a purposeful crossing (aka invasion as some call it). They just want media cameras on their journey more than they want to cross the border. They are using mostly families with children specifically because of that.

And some are falling for their PR game.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:22:10 pm by AbaraXas »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »
True. And I noticed from their page last night, this is more of a political statement about the US and Mexico propping up oppressive governments in Guatemala (their charge) versus a purposeful crossing (aka invasion as some call it). They just want media cameras on their journey more than they want to cross the border. They are using mostly families with children specifically because of that.

And some are falling for their PR game.

Then they shouldn't mind too much if we load them up on a couple of large military transports and drop them off in Honduras?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:26:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 08:24:54 pm »
Migrant caravan abandons plan to travel to US border

https://www.afp.com/en/news/826/migrant-caravan-abandons-plan-travel-us-border-doc-13p1ry3

"A caravan of Central American migrants whose trek across Mexico infuriated President Donald Trump has decided not to travel to the US border, leaders said Tuesday.

"We will wrap up our work in Mexico City," said Irineo Mujica, the head of the migrant advocacy group People Without Borders (Pueblo sin Fronteras)."

snip
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 12:42:35 am »
My guess is they can't afford flowers, or gas, or bottles.

I think they have nothing to lose and dying on our border is as good a place as any.
I think the organizers are well enough funded to equip them any way they want. Flowers would be no biggie...
...Kent State flashbacks....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 01:42:47 am »
Migrant caravan abandons plan to travel to US border

https://www.afp.com/en/news/826/migrant-caravan-abandons-plan-travel-us-border-doc-13p1ry3

"A caravan of Central American migrants whose trek across Mexico infuriated President Donald Trump has decided not to travel to the US border, leaders said Tuesday.

"We will wrap up our work in Mexico City," said Irineo Mujica, the head of the migrant advocacy group People Without Borders (Pueblo sin Fronteras)."

snip

IMHO had President Trump not publicly stated and ordered the military at the border, the caravan would have continued to cross over our borders and making demands.  He is well within his authority and he is not just focusing on illegal immigrants, his focus is on increased illegal activity!  Wise move and he would be wise to order the building of the wall to defend our national security.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 03:59:16 am »
Seems like a pretty solid conservative Republican, but wrong on this. Talking on CNN, with Wolf Blitzzzer.

Said GOP Rep. Francis Rooney, FL:  "He voiced concerns that deploying troops would escalate tensions “unnecessarily.”

“I would rather have the dealings with immigration be handled in a civil context and not a military one,” he said."

He seems to come from the negotiate with weakness faction of the GOP, so he's a big hit in #nevertrumpville."
Now what context have I heard someone use that line before?..........................Oh, yeah! That's that's the democrats preferred method for terrorists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2018, 04:06:53 am »
IMHO had President Trump not publicly stated and ordered the military at the border, the caravan would have continued to cross over our borders and making demands.  He is well within his authority and he is not just focusing on illegal immigrants, his focus is on increased illegal activity!  Wise move and he would be wise to order the building of the wall to defend our national security.

The trouble I have with that story that the "caravan" has been called off is: I don't believe it. It's much more likely they've broken up into smaller groups to get over the border.  They've apparently been at this for ears.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 04:08:50 am »
Now what context have I heard someone use that line before?..........................Oh, yeah! That's that's the democrats preferred method for terrorists.

So long as the 'Caravan' was just passing through on their way to invade the US, Mexico was OK with them.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/3/mexico-says-already-deported-400-people-caravan/

But not OK with them staying in Mexico since they're not gonna face off with our National Guard.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2018, 05:01:36 am »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Latest on President Donald Trump and immigration (all times local):

9:55 p.m.

The Mexican foreign ministry says U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has told Mexico's top diplomat that U.S. National Guard troops being deployed to the border "will not carry arms or carry out migration or customs control activities."

Mexican Foreign Secretary Luis Videgaray is in Washington on a visit. A foreign ministry statement issued Wednesday night says Nielsen told Videgaray that the troops will only be providing support for Department of Homeland Security work.

It says the deployment will be similar to ones in 2006 under President George Bush and in 2010 with President Barack Obama.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/latest-trump-promises-strong-action-immigration-114028160.html

Oh, yeah.....he's a badass, unlike his predecessors.     :whistle:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:02:33 am by edpc »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 04:45:37 pm »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Latest on President Donald Trump and immigration (all times local):

9:55 p.m.

The Mexican foreign ministry says U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has told Mexico's top diplomat that U.S. National Guard troops being deployed to the border "will not carry arms or carry out migration or customs control activities."

Mexican Foreign Secretary Luis Videgaray is in Washington on a visit. A foreign ministry statement issued Wednesday night says Nielsen told Videgaray that the troops will only be providing support for Department of Homeland Security work.

It says the deployment will be similar to ones in 2006 under President George Bush and in 2010 with President Barack Obama.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/latest-trump-promises-strong-action-immigration-114028160.html

Oh, yeah.....he's a badass, unlike his predecessors.     :whistle:
@edpc
So, what we are actually going to do is provide the Mexicans and invaders with weaponless targets that have their hands tied. By Gum, that'll show em, I bet it scares them clear back to where they came from! Another spineless and meaningless gesture on our border again! Same old just a different theater manager.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 09:12:17 pm »
For one, I've never found yahoo news to be very credible.  Secondly, does anyone really think Trump is going to send in the National Guard and tie their hands?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 09:23:15 pm »
For one, I've never found yahoo news to be very credible.  Secondly, does anyone really think Trump is going to send in the National Guard and tie their hands?

I don't find Yahoo credible either.  But on the second point, sure he would. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 09:30:22 pm »
I don't find Yahoo credible either.  But on the second point, sure he would.

Ok. Why?

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 10:13:20 pm »

For one, it's an AP story on Yahoo, since they're primarily an aggregate site.  Secondly, yes, he will - because it's in line with what has been previously done and conforms with the Posse Comitatus and Insurrection Acts, where the military cannot be used to enforce law, with certain exceptions.  This situation doesn't fall under the exceptions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 10:19:48 pm »

For one, it's an AP story on Yahoo, since they're primarily an aggregate site.  Secondly, yes, he will - because it's in line with what has been previously done and conforms with the Posse Comitatus and Insurrection Acts, where the military cannot be used to enforce law, with certain exceptions.  This situation doesn't fall under the exceptions.

And, apparently an exception is possible but would be politically difficult, at best.