Author Topic: Trump says he’ll guard Mexican border with military  (Read 4660 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he’ll guard Mexican border with military
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:54:36 pm »
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Updated: 12:48 p.m. on Tuesday, April 3, 2018

President Trump said Tuesday he will use the military to guard the border with Mexico against a “caravan” of illegal immigrants approaching the U.S.

“We are going to be guarding our border with our military. That’s a big step,” Mr. Trump told reporters.

He said he has been speaking to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis about deploying the military on the border.

About 1,000 immigrants from Central America, mainly Honduras, are moving in a group through Mexico toward the U.S. Some of them are expected to seek asylum if they reach the U.S.

“We cannot have people flowing into our country illegally, disappearing, and by the way never showing up for court,” Mr. Trump said at the White House. “If it reaches our border, our laws are so weak and so pathetic … it’s like we have

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/3/trump-says-hell-guard-mexican-border-military/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump says he’ll guard Mexican border with military
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 05:05:16 pm »
Looking forward to the visuals our media is planning to serve up.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 05:09:13 pm »
This is what our President should be doing.  Securing our borders.  This IS a national security issue. From my understanding this is an annual trek that has been made for the past several years.  It is time to tell them no more and that they are NOT welcome. I'm sure in the past they've been welcome with open arms and given refugee status.  I'm hoping Trump stands tough on this one.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:26:09 pm »
This stance is a joke.  It’s hardly the first time the People Without Borders group organized one of these efforts.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has helped coordinate migrant caravans for the past several years, although previously they had a maximum of several hundred participants. During the journey members of the organization instruct the migrants about their rights.

"We accompany at least those who want to request asylum," said Alex Mensing, Pueblo Sin Fronteras' program director. "We help prepare them for the detention process and asylum process before they cross the border, because it's so difficult for people to have success if they don't have the information."

Typically, Central Americans have not fared well with U.S. asylum claims, particularly those from Honduras. A Reuters analysis of immigration court data found that Hondurans who come before the court receive deportation orders in more than 83 percent of cases, the highest rate of any nationality. Hondurans also face deportation in Mexico, where immigration data shows that 5,000 Hondurans were deported from Mexico in February alone, the highest number since May 2016.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/migrant-caravan-heading-u-border-puts-mexico-tough-003954730.html

Now, watch as this group shrinks as members peel off and scatter into Mexico.  Some will reach the US border, get processed, and be admitted or deported as they have been in previous marches.  Trump will claim he turned away over 80%, but took special consideration of some cases, because we’re a ‘nation with a heart.’  It’ll be called an unprecedented stance, even though the end results will follow years of SOP for asylum seekers.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 05:27:45 pm »
Another articles states that he would put military at our border until such time as the wall is built. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-border-will-be-guarded-by-military-until-wall-built-2018-04-03
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 06:30:36 pm »
GOP rep: I'm not comfortable with Trump sending troops to southern border
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/381447-gop-rep-im-not-comfortable-with-trump-sending-military-to-southern-border

Seems like a pretty solid conservative Republican, but wrong on this. Talking on CNN, with Wolf Blitzzzer.

Said GOP Rep. Francis Rooney, FL:  "He voiced concerns that deploying troops would escalate tensions “unnecessarily.”

“I would rather have the dealings with immigration be handled in a civil context and not a military one,” he said."

He seems to come from the negotiate with weakness faction of the GOP, so he's a big hit in #nevertrumpville."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 06:40:14 pm »
What good are troops without the will to fire on unarmed invaders?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:45:35 pm »
Seems like a pretty solid conservative Republican, but wrong on this. Talking on CNN, with Wolf Blitzzzer.

Said GOP Rep. Francis Rooney, FL:  "He voiced concerns that deploying troops would escalate tensions “unnecessarily.”

“I would rather have the dealings with immigration be handled in a civil context and not a military one,” he said."

He seems to come from the negotiate with weakness faction of the GOP, so he's a big hit in #nevertrumpville."

If not for defending and maintaining the integrity of our borders, for what reason do we have a Military? It always seemed to me this was the principal job. (...to provide for the common defense...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 06:58:26 pm »
If not for defending and maintaining the integrity of our borders, for what reason do we have a Military? It always seemed to me this was the principal job. (...to provide for the common defense...)

I guess the good house rep. would have Trump not be so stern. Talk nicer. Be gentle.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 07:03:25 pm »
Trump is full of sh*t.  DACA isn't even in play and Catch And Release isn't a factor.

The people enroute aren't 'taking advantage of DACA,' because the program has ended with his executive order.  The court orders have only required accepting permit applications from those already enrolled.  New ones are not being taken and the caravan members don't meet the original criteria, anyway.

Anyone crossing the border can be detained indefinitely.  SCOTUS recently ruled on this. 

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/375791-supreme-court-rules-immigrants-can-be-detained-indefinitely

If 'catch and release' is practiced, it's only because the admin will allow it.  The facilities near the border cannot handle the amount of people currently in the caravan.  Nothing is stopping Trump from having them distributed to other places while their appeals are heard.  He won't, however, because of the optics.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:17:12 pm by edpc »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 07:41:35 pm »
Trump Threatens To Dump NAFTA, Claims Mexico Not Stopping Migrant Flow

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/04/02/business/trump-threatens-dump-nafta-claims-mexico-not-stopping-migrant-flow/#.WsPXk62NMX0

His Easter Sunday comments on Twitter came in apparent response to the movement of hundreds of Central Americans who have joined a “migrant viacrucis” (“way of the cross”) caravan headed for the U.S. border.

“Mexico is doing very little, if not NOTHING, at stopping people from flowing into Mexico through their Southern Border, and then into the U.S. They laugh at our dumb immigration laws,” the president tweeted.

“They must stop the big drug and people flows, or I will stop their cash cow, NAFTA. NEED WALL!”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »
Well, we have better planes, this time....
Last time they looked like this:

Pershing and Patton were involved in that fracas.

Just because the warring factions in Mexico are Drug Cartels this time, is no reason to not secure our border against incursion or invasion from all comers. If they want in, there are procedures, and legal places/ways to cross the border.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »
Trump's DoJ needs to make sure any action they take with active duty forces stay on the correct side of not only the Posse Comitatus Act but the Insurrection Act as well.  W made changes that would have covered what Trump wants to do in order to blunt the mass of illegals moving our way...but those changes were stripped in 2008.

Because if they don't and just do this without the proper planning and legal research...the Dems and the media are gonna start shouting "they're violating the Posse Comitatus Act!!!!" over and over and the public...who has no idea what that Act entails will believe whatever they hear from CNN on this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 08:22:48 pm »
Trump's DoJ needs to make sure any action they take with active duty forces stay on the correct side of not only the Posse Comitatus Act but the Insurrection Act as well.  W made changes that would have covered what Trump wants to do in order to blunt the mass of illegals moving our way...but those changes were stripped in 2008.

Because if they don't and just do this without the proper planning and legal research...the Dems and the media are gonna start shouting "they're violating the Posse Comitatus Act!!!!" over and over and the public...who has no idea what that Act entails will believe whatever they hear from CNN on this.
True enough, but at what point does it go from an illegal alien to an invasion. If a million were coming, we'd say "Invasion!", a dozen, a police (Border Patrol) matter. Where, in between those numbers does it change from one to the other?

The group is organized, moving in concert, with the intent (stated intent) of invading the US under the possible guise of seeking 'asylum'. False reason for the movement (war is all about deception, after all), and movement en masse with some sort of command and control. Sounds like an invasion to me.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 10:12:20 pm »
Looking forward to the visuals our media is planning to serve up.

@skeeter

Hundreds of armed troops, and 1000 refugees camped at the boarder for months.  What could go wrong?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:22 pm »
@skeeter

Hundreds of armed troops, and 1000 refugees camped at the boarder for months.  What could go wrong?
Yeah, flowers in their hair, kids up front, molotov cocktail throwers in the rear. Sounds like a pipeline protest. (Probably use the same playbook). I hope the invaders keep their mess on their side of the border. The 'water protectors' only left 720+ semi loads of debris and trash, a dead (human) body (in the creek, no less), and a half dozen abandoned pets (along with other people's stuff they wrecked or killed).

What could possibly go wrong?

Herd the illegal crossers into detention/refugee camps and you know what will be said about that....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:30:20 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 10:47:45 pm »
Yeah, flowers in their hair, kids up front, molotov cocktail throwers in the rear. Sounds like a pipeline protest. (Probably use the same playbook). I hope the invaders keep their mess on their side of the border. The 'water protectors' only left 720+ semi loads of debris and trash, a dead (human) body (in the creek, no less), and a half dozen abandoned pets (along with other people's stuff they wrecked or killed).

What could possibly go wrong?

Herd the illegal crossers into detention/refugee camps and you know what will be said about that....

My guess is they can't afford flowers, or gas, or bottles.

I think they have nothing to lose and dying on our border is as good a place as any.

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:13 pm »
@skeeter

On day 327 of CNN's continuing coverage of the Border Standoff, more USAF Airman Basic imported from Lackland AFB are unaccounted for than mesicans.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 11:08:37 pm »
Both 0bama and GWB sent troops to the border.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:37 am »
On day 327 of CNN's continuing coverage of the Border Standoff, more USAF Airman Basic imported from Lackland AFB are unaccounted for than mesicans.

! No longer available

Offline corbe

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:45 am »
Trump is full of sh*t.  DACA isn't even in play and Catch And Release isn't a factor.

The people enroute aren't 'taking advantage of DACA,' because the program has ended with his executive order.  The court orders have only required accepting permit applications from those already enrolled.  New ones are not being taken and the caravan members don't meet the original criteria, anyway.

Anyone crossing the border can be detained indefinitely.  SCOTUS recently ruled on this. 

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/375791-supreme-court-rules-immigrants-can-be-detained-indefinitely

If 'catch and release' is practiced, it's only because the admin will allow it.  The facilities near the border cannot handle the amount of people currently in the caravan.  Nothing is stopping Trump from having them distributed to other places while their appeals are heard.  He won't, however, because of the optics.

??? Why should they get an appeal??  Why should they be detained?? NO. NO. and NO!!! Do NOT let them step foot on American soil!  No entry.  Send them back.  They have NO rights.  They are NOT welcome.

Trump is right ... line up the National Guard and DO NOT let them enter.  They don't need to be processed. Refuse to let them enter --- fire upon if needed.  They are invading OUR country and they should be considered an enemy of the state period.

Sure it sounds terrible, but a clear message needs to be sent to prevent further invasions; this keeps happening.  Time to put and end to the illegal invasion.  Enough is enough!!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 01:21:47 am »
Both 0bama and GWB sent troops to the border.

??? I'm not so sure about that. If I'm recalling correctly Bammy was invited to the border by Perry and refused to actually visit along the borderline and he didn't send in the national guard; Perry called up the TX national guard.  Bammy refused to help him and left cost up to TX.  'W' I believe also did not send in troops; he only increased border patrol, but from what I was told border patrol was told to stand down and were actually outnumbered and outgunned by the cartel.

I believe this will be the first time the the U.S. military will be at the border if Trump has his way and actually does what he says he's going to do.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:24:27 am by libertybele »