Author Topic: Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'  (Read 1636 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 03:44:41 am »
Thanx for pointing this out to me.  I skimmed it earlier and the importance passed by me.  So that leaves the problem of having much more detention space for these extended detentions.  Maybe the National Guard can build some.

The two foreseeable problems with it will be:

1)  Activist groups crying ‘concentration camp.’

2)  Flooding of the facilities to ‘Cloward & Piven’ their budgets.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 06:24:37 am »

The two foreseeable problems with it will be:

1)  Activist groups crying ‘concentration camp.’

2)  Flooding of the facilities to ‘Cloward & Piven’ their budgets.

This is the issue Trump held above all, so he can weather the calls of "Human Rights Violations."  It's hardly going to hurt being called a racist for the millionth time, but large incarceration buildings are costly and ugly optics, and so are moms and kids in tent villages.  There are things the law says Trump can do, and there are things the voters say Trump can do.  I freely admit, I haven't got a clue what the voters will let Trump get away with, and where this leads in the coming months.  If history is an indicator, nothing gets done and nothing changes. 

The huge problem is there are not enough judges and detention space.  This problem is not going to be solved by the National Guard.  Pictures of them standing around yawning may defeat the purpose of this photo-op.