Author Topic: Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'  (Read 1631 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'
By Luis Sanchez - 04/01/18 10:30 AM EDT

President Trump said Sunday that Republicans must change Senate laws in order to pass tougher border and immigration legislation. In a position shift, he also said the GOP should no longer make a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program deal with Democrats.

Trump tweeted that liberal laws are preventing Border Patrol agents from doing their jobs and Republicans need to take action.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/381161-trump-demands-nuclear-option-to-allow-border-patrol-to-do-its-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump demands ‘nuclear option’ and 'no more DACA deal'
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:10:50 pm »
Where did Trump get the inspiration for this tweet?  Fox & Friends, you say?  That’d be ridiculous!

A Border Patrol Agent (and Frequent Fox News Guest) Has Trump’s Ear on Immigration

WASHINGTON — When President Trump began railing against the current state of American immigration measures over the weekend, it was hard to tell where his thoughts ended and Brandon Judd’s began.

Mr. Judd is the president of the National Border Patrol Council, a frequent guest on Fox News and a reliably vocal supporter of the Trump administration’s hard-line immigration agenda. On Sunday, he was interviewed on “Fox & Friends,” one of the president’s favorite programs.

What followed was a public mind meld with the president, one that has frequently occurred since Mr. Trump took office.

“Our legislators actually have to stand up, and the Republicans control the House and the Senate; they do not need the Democrat support to pass any laws they want,” Mr. Judd said during the segment. “They can go the nuclear option, just like what they did on the confirmation. They need to pass laws to end the catch-and-release program that’ll allow us to hold them for a long time.”

The president followed up on Twitter shortly after.

“Border Patrol Agents are not allowed to properly do their job at the Border because of ridiculous liberal (Democrat) laws like Catch & Release,” the president wrote. “Getting more dangerous. ‘Caravans’ coming. Republicans must go to Nuclear Option to pass tough laws NOW.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/us/politics/border-patrol-trump-brandon-judd-fox.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:18:46 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:16:16 pm »
Plus Hannity and Judge Jeanne were with him in Florida this weekend.

He goes on tangents when he hears others; he has no idea what he is doing from one minute to the next. He is mentally deranged.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:32:46 pm »
He goes on tangents when he hears others....

They also aren’t obligated to release them, based on a recent SCOTUS ruling.  It’s sad the head of the National Border Patrol Council and POTUS either don’t know this or they’re lying about it.

The decision of Jennings v. Rodriguez affects illegal and legal immigrants. Legal permanent residents facing deportation as a result of committing crimes and asylum seekers who have turned themselves in at the border and are awaiting a court date can be detained indefinitely with no interval bond hearings.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote the majority opinion, which included himself and the other conservative Justices John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, and Anthony Kennedy.

“Detention during those proceedings gives immigration officials time to determine an alien’s status without running the risk of the alien’s either absconding or engaging in criminal activity before a final decision can be made,” Alito wrote in the majority opinion.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/supreme-court-rules-immigrants-can-be-held-indefinitely-with-no-bond-hearings

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:41 pm »
Plus Hannity and Judge Jeanne were with him in Florida this weekend.

He goes on tangents when he hears others; he has no idea what he is doing from one minute to the next. He is mentally deranged.

Nonsense.  Pure nonsense.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 12:07:31 am »
He had sex with O'Hannity  the other night.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 12:25:12 am »

They played $25B Pyramid to get wall funding.  Hannity chose to receive.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 01:05:03 am »
   Sorry Mod8, I'll try and do better in the future.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 01:07:47 am »
Nonsense.  Pure nonsense.

I am hoping that Trump stands his ground. No more DACA deal and it is his intent is to call out the National Guard and line the border.  Good for him.  If he is successful in achieving this agenda; good for America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 01:12:32 am »

Seriously?  We have an invasion heading our way ... I see that we need to get behind this president in hopes that he will indeed line the border with the National Guard and stick to no DACA.

IMHO, now is not the time to berate our POTUS.  I'm not real fond of some of the things he's done, not done or said, but right now he is what we have standing between the caravan of ILLEGALS (refugee wannabees) crossing over our border or being headed back to where they came.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 01:32:35 am »
Seriously?  We have an invasion heading our way ... I see that we need to get behind this president in hopes that he will indeed line the border with the National Guard and stick to no DACA.

IMHO, now is not the time to berate our POTUS.  I'm not real fond of some of the things he's done, not done or said, but right now he is what we have standing between the caravan of ILLEGALS (refugee wannabees) crossing over our border or being headed back to where they came.

:amen:

If someone else has a workable plan, and I do mean Workable, how about dragging it out and sharing it with the rest of us instead of falling back onto Trump bashing?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 01:41:43 am »
   Strengthen E-Verify to impenetrable levels and cut off the benefits to all NON citizens immediately and deport ALL those that are caught in this Country Illegally, very similar to the plan Trump stole from Cruz in 2015 and Campaigned on.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 01:47:33 am »
   Strengthen E-Verify to impenetrable levels and cut off the benefits to all NON citizens immediately and deport ALL those that are caught in this Country Illegally, very similar to the plan Trump stole from Cruz in 2015 and Campaigned on.

Agreed, but right now we have a caravan of people heading our way (their annual trek from my understanding) without a wall to stop them.  Trump needs to call in the military as he said he would, line the borders, turn them away and take some of the discretionary money he has in the DHS and build the darn wall. For that matter, order the military to start building the wall in response to national security.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 01:59:31 am »

The one Cruz stole from Sessions?

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 02:04:48 am »
    All good points @libertybele I'm more into the Technical (Drones and sensors) and increased Border Patrol Agent presence than an actual physical barrier.  I agree that something has to be done NOW!

I think we're all being played now with this CF and how it seems to unfold in slow motion.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 02:07:47 am »
The one Cruz stole from Sessions?

The one Sessions stole from Eisenhower?

Brings a smile to my Heart that you no longer have me on Ignore @Right_in_Virginia

888high58888

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 02:39:32 am »

Which will get blown off, stonewalled, and end up in Court as the Feds and these rebellious Sanctuary jurisdictions butt heads.

And the Illegals get warned by creeps like Oakland's Mayor that the ICE people are coming.

And the border is no more secure than it was before we got mired in another fruitless few years of bluster.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 02:41:46 am »
    All good points @libertybele I'm more into the Technical (Drones and sensors) and increased Border Patrol Agent presence than an actual physical barrier.  I agree that something has to be done NOW!

I think we're all being played now with this CF and how it seems to unfold in slow motion.

Finding these people isn't impossible.

They're everywhere.

It's local jerkweed Democrats and gutless RINO weasels who protect them.

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 02:47:46 am »
   I agree @To-Whose-Benefit? there are no easy answers to this CF.  I thought at times that if anyone could get ahold of the problem and solve it that would be Trump, THAT WAS HIS CAMPAIGN, but they screwed him too.   
   I'm no longer so young and unabashed.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 12:53:19 pm »

I also prefer a high-tech/more border agents approach to securing the border. I think a wall is an eye sore.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:03 pm »
I also prefer a high-tech/more border agents approach to securing the border. I think a wall is an eye sore.

I'm sorry, I had to chuckle at this one.  An eyesore?  What's more of an eyesore?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 01:28:33 pm »
Call out the Federal Sanitation Department and increase trash collection days to Monday, Thursday and Saturday’s.  ^-^

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 01:35:54 pm »
Call out the Federal Sanitation Department and increase trash collection days to Monday, Thursday and Saturday’s.  ^-^

I'm not sure if Mexico actually has a federal sanitation department. :whistle:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 03:24:03 am »
President Trump said Sunday that Republicans must change Senate laws in order to pass tougher border and immigration legislation.

Wow deja vu.  I thought we did this a couple months ago.  The President was going to VETO the GOP bill that had the best shot of passing.  Maybe that was Obama or something.  The past year seems like only a month to me.  A month I like to call Helluary.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:24:47 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 03:38:39 am »

They also aren’t obligated to release them, based on a recent SCOTUS ruling.  It’s sad the head of the National Border Patrol Council and POTUS either don’t know this or they’re lying about it.

The decision of Jennings v. Rodriguez affects illegal and legal immigrants. Legal permanent residents facing deportation as a result of committing crimes and asylum seekers who have turned themselves in at the border and are awaiting a court date can be detained indefinitely with no interval bond hearings.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote the majority opinion, which included himself and the other conservative Justices John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, and Anthony Kennedy.

“Detention during those proceedings gives immigration officials time to determine an alien’s status without running the risk of the alien’s either absconding or engaging in criminal activity before a final decision can be made,” Alito wrote in the majority opinion.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/supreme-court-rules-immigrants-can-be-held-indefinitely-with-no-bond-hearings

Thanx for pointing this out to me.  I skimmed it earlier and the importance passed by me.  So that leaves the problem of having much more detention space for these extended detentions.  Maybe the National Guard can build some.