Author Topic: Dining out associated with increased exposure to harmful chemicals  (Read 517 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Dining out associated with increased exposure to harmful chemicals
New study finds burgers and other foods consumed at restaurants, fast food outlets or cafeterias, associated with higher levels of phthalates

Date:
    March 29, 2018
Source:
    George Washington University
Summary:
    Dining out more at restaurants, cafeterias and fast-food outlets may boost total levels of potentially health-harming chemicals called phthalates in the body, according to a study out
today.

Dining out more at restaurants, cafeterias and fast-food outlets may boost total levels of potentially health-harming chemicals called phthalates in the body, according to a study out today. Phthalates, a group of chemicals used in food packaging and processing materials, are known to disrupt hormones in humans and are linked to a long list of health problems.

Read more at: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180329095722.htm

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Dining out associated with increased exposure to harmful chemicals
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:23:04 pm »
This story just came out,  "phtalates", I'll bet that's a new word to many, to me at least.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 09:29:00 pm »
Thank God the fun police are here to keep us from going out to diner.

This fraud Phthalates issue is manufactured bullshit from people who live off of taxpayers grants and need to make shit up out of thin air to justify their existence. Nobody is dying from eating out. No one is getting sick from this. It's junk science.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:00:32 pm »
The guy who wrote that tripe never had to eat my 1st and 3rd wives cooking.   9999hair out0000
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:50:36 am »
Just living exposes us to toxic substances. 

Sometimes we just have to ignore the hysteria and do what we want to do. If we paid attention to every alarm, we would just spend our entire lives cowering in a corner.

Then someone would come along and tell us cowering in a corner is hazardous to your health.  Pffft!