Author Topic: TIANGONG-1 REENTRY UPDATES: estimated reentry, the morning of 31 March to afternoon of 1 April  (Read 2848 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Reentry will take place anywhere between 43ºN and 43ºS (see map here). Areas above or below these latitudes can be excluded. At no time will a precise time/location prediction from ESA be possible. This forecast was updated approximately weekly through to mid-March, and is now being updated every 1~2 days.

Please wear your hard hats.

:yawn2:

No, actually from the radar video, it is mostly yawing.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline andy58-in-nh

Even our space debris is made in China. I wonder if Trump will impose a tariff on it?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Even our space debris is made in China. I wonder if Trump will impose a tariff on it?

I am going to predict the tweet now...

Gina illegallllarry sending in their worst space debrees, rapists and murdurers. not taxed enouf! Sad!  Covfefe. MAGA.

Offline WingNot

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:40:42 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gives the term "Easter Eggs" a new definition.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Back in College we had a skylab party,and gave guests hardhats with targets on them
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

Back in College we had a skylab party,and gave guests hardhats with targets on them

We did the same thing.  Big party time.  We finaly had to take the hard hats off cuz the drunks kept throwing empties at our heads and Yelling... "Incoming!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/kids-having-a-skylab-party-at-rockaway-beach-on-july-08-1979-picture-id537663292
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:03:15 pm by Wingnut »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We did the same thing.  Big party time.  We finaly had to take the hard hats off cuz the drunks kept throwing empties at our heads and Yelling... "Incoming!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/kids-having-a-skylab-party-at-rockaway-beach-on-july-08-1979-picture-id537663292

At the beach?  That was classy.  Ours was in the Dorm parking lot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

At the beach?  That was classy.  Ours was in the Dorm parking lot.

No not the beach.  It was at the end of  a dirt road way off a county blacktop in a clearing down by the river surrounded by a corn field where we planted our pot crop.  We were strong believers in Crop rotation back then.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
No not the beach.  It was at the end of  a dirt road way off a county blacktop in a clearing down by the river surrounded by a corn field where we planted our pot crop.  We were strong believers in Crop rotation back then.

Smoking weed in a dorm parking lot in 1979 Texas, would have been as big news as Skylab.   nope,  just Jungle Juice.

Offline mountaineer

Chinese Space Station Is Tumbling Toward an Easter Sunday Crash
By Tariq Malik, Space.com Managing Editor | March 29, 2018 06:33pm ET
Full story at Space.com

ARLINGTON, Va. – The falling Chinese space station Tiangong-1 is tumbling in orbit and may crash back to Earth early Easter Sunday (April 1), experts say.

Estimates for the crash of Tiangong-1 range sometime between March 31 and April 1, with a focus of 10 a.m. EDT (1400 GMT) on April 1, according to Aerospace Corp., which is tracking the space lab's fall. That April 1 target comes with an error of 16 hours, so the spacecraft could potentially begin its fiery death dive anytime between Saturday and Sunday afternoon. An analysis by the European Space Agency also supports that re-entry estimate. [China's Falling Tiangong-1: What You Need to Know]
An artist's illustration of China's Tiangong-1 space station as it breaks apart and burns up in Earth's atmosphere.
An artist's illustration of China's Tiangong-1 space station as it breaks apart and burns up in Earth's atmosphere.
Credit: Aerospace Corporation

But scientists and engineers still cannot pinpoint exactly where and when the 9.4-ton (8.5 metric tons) space station will fall. Partly that is because the school bus-size Tiangong-1 is tumbling as it falls, which makes it hard to predict how atmospheric drag will affect the spacecraft's re-entry time and path, Aerospace Corp. engineers said Wednesday (March 28).  ...

... In a statement today (March 29), CMSEO officials said the public should not fear being hit by debris from Tiangong-1. ...

If you are able to see the Tiangong-1 re-entry, you can report your sighting to Aerospace Corp.'s Center for Orbital and Reentry Debris Studies through the CORDS website here.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

New updated reentry estimate has move forward to late evening April 1 to morning the 2nd.

Oceander

New updated reentry estimate has move forward to late evening April 1 to morning the 2nd.

Awww.  No more April Fools

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Awww.  No more April Fools

It'll probably crash in my backyard at 11:59 PM April 1, just to spite me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

It'll probably crash in my backyard at 11:59 PM April 1, just to spite me.

And the cops will immediately arrest you for taking it!

Offline mountaineer

I will plan accordingly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
With any luck it will take out northern Il...fingers crossed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

And squish Rahm like the bug he is?  22222frying pan

Offline WingNot

Hey hey hey now ...watch it Sister.   Let's not paint with a broad brush.  One must narrow our strike zone.   You Mean Cook County   :police:

@mystery-ak