Author Topic: Is Warm Lemon Water Really That Healthy For You, Or Is It Mostly Hype?  (Read 617 times)

rangerrebew

Is Warm Lemon Water Really That Healthy For You, Or Is It Mostly Hype?
By Nicola Brown for Fix.com May 2, 2017

Warm lemon water is the health trend of the moment. It's been touted for its magical benefits, each one seemingly more incredible than the last. When high-profile celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Naomi Campbell start drinking it, you can be sure the popular wave of interest is not far behind.

In The Food Pharmacy, Jean Carper expounds on the mythical reputation of the lemon:

https://www.prevention.com/food/health-benefits-of-warm-lemon-water?internal_recirc=outbrain_hp
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:23:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If it is warmed by bourbon or Rock-n-Rye
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At least this kind of quackery isn't all that harmful.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

Some years ago, I read the most harmful bacteria in a restaurant is on their lemons and limes because they don't likely wash them.  If there is a lemon or lime stuck on the lip of my glass, I immediately take it off and don't mash it for the liquid to get in my drink.

Online mountaineer

Some years ago, I read the most harmful bacteria in a restaurant is on their lemons and limes because they don't likely wash them.  If there is a lemon or lime stuck on the lip of my glass, I immediately take it off and don't mash it for the liquid to get in my drink.
I've read that, too. Having worked in restaurants, I certainly believe it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And in the end, the article says this:

Why You Should Really Try Drinking Warm Lemon Water

Also, if one is concerned about this bacteria on lemons, perhaps, one can find those green bottles of lemon juice.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

@Victoria33

Problem Solved!

The dollar store has lemon juice from lemons in Peru, I guess the verdict is out on that.

Offline Victoria33

And in the end, the article says this:
Also, if one is concerned about this bacteria on lemons, perhaps, one can find those green bottles of lemon juice.
@TomSea

Am only concerned about bacteria on lemons and limes in restaurants.  No problem buying lemons/limes and washing them at home.  Bottled lemon juice from a reputable company is fine, too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Seriously, WTH is wrong with Americans anymore? Does warm lemon water have health benefits? Sure. Is it a magical cure all? NO.

There are no silver bullets with your health. It's a full time job. People need to quit deluding themselves with all this glowing cross bs, get up off their stupid lazy butts, and take charge of their life.
The Republic is lost.