Author Topic: When Aches & Pain Disrupt Sleep: Medication Chart  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

When Aches & Pain Disrupt Sleep: Medication Chart
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:52:31 pm »

When Aches & Pain Disrupt Sleep: Medication Chart

There is no perfect treatment for pain and sleeplessness. It all depends on your particular case -- the kind of pain you have and the other medications you take, for instance.

The first step for anyone with sleep problems is to improve their sleep habits. This helps set the stage for a good night's rest.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/aches-pain-disrupt-sleep-medication-chart

Offline Victoria33

Re: When Aches & Pain Disrupt Sleep: Medication Chart
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
When Aches & Pain Disrupt Sleep: Medication Chart  There is no perfect treatment for pain and sleeplessness. It all depends on your particular case -- the kind of pain you have and the other medications you take, for instance.  The first step for anyone with sleep problems is to improve their sleep habits. This helps set the stage for a good night's rest.
@rangerrebew

I wish you would stop starting medical type threads because I have to read all of them.  I see several new ones and will have to read them.  You take up my time in a good way.   :beer:

I recently got a wrist band that includes measuring my sleep.  I found out by wearing this that I get less sleep that I thought I did.  Just because I get in bed at a certain time, doesn't mean I sleep from that time until I get up.  Due to fibromyalgia, my brain doesn't shut down just because I got in bed to sleep.  This band is a check on how much sleep I actually get.

So, quit posting these medical threads because I cannot help but read them.  :seeya:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:44:55 pm »
@Victoria33 you made me laugh! Whenever one of ranger's posts seems relevant to me - like this one - I also can't help but read it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:09:14 pm »
I'm afraid this one is relevant to me too. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:26:29 pm »
This is interesting information,  RR.    Everyone should educate themselves about pain relief options, and not under the circumstances I was forced to.

I had my knee surgery Monday,  and it turned out that the opioid I was prescribed had absolutely no effect on the pain.  Even in increasing doses -  just made the pain feel more intense.    I had to dose myself again at 2 in the morning and knew the shit wasn't working,  and so went on the internet to find an alternative.   I took 600 mg of ibuprophen and finally got relief.    Especially helpful was ibuprophen's ability to reduce swelling,  since my freshly stitched up knee was bound and pressing against the hard plastic of my brace no matter how I turned.

Found all this out while in agony in the middle of the night by means of the internet,  reading stuff just like this.   So thanks, RR.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:54:57 pm »
You can take twice the recommended dose of NSAIDs, but it might be wise to take something like Prilosec along with them to avoid eating a hole in the stomach.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:08:25 am »
One word: Marijuana. Best sleep aid ever. It's very effective if you are over 50.
Note: I am not a regular user.
Countdown to Resignation