Author Topic: Obama’s CIA boss Brennan rips Trump’s ‘ignorance’ and ‘simple minded’ economic policies  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Former CIA chief John Brennan made a rare appearance on Twitter Wednesday to lash out at President Donald Trump over “ignorance” that threatens U.S. prosperity.

The commander in chief’s recent talk of possible steel and aluminum tariffs prompted a social-media jab by Mr. Brennan this week. The post — 1 of 18 total tweets, with the vast majority related to Mr. Trump or the U.S. Russia probe — questioned the president’s economic acumen.

“You show an amazing albeit unsurprising ignorance of how technology, automation, and the attendant evolution of economics and societies have transformed the world,” Mr. Brennan, who served under former President Obama, wrote. “Your simple minded policies — imposition of tariffs — have the potential to seriously damage our future prosperity.”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/7/john-brennan-rips-trump-ex-cia-head-claims-economi/?utm_source=Boomtrain&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=2018&utm_term=newsletter&utm_content=newsalert
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shouldn't Brennan be in jail..........

Yes! Along with almost everyone else of the Obama years!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Brennan thinks we can negotiate with Iran and the Islamic world in general.  He’s got a lot of nerve talking about ignorance.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

Given the past 100 years or so of failed tariffs, it seems like Brennan’s assessment of “ignorance” and “simple minded policies” is a pretty accurate assessment.  I think these “simple minded policies” are why Gary Cohn just resigned, and why Trump economic adviser, Stephen Moore, has spoken out against the tariffs.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.