Author Topic: 'More known' about substance in spy case  (Read 717 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'More known' about substance in spy case
« on: March 07, 2018, 02:44:54 pm »
'More known' about substance in spy case

Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Image copyright EPA/ Yulia Skripal/Facebook
Image caption Mr Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33, are in a critical condition in hospital

More is known about the substance used in the suspected poisoning of a former Russian double agent and his daughter, the home secretary has said.

Speaking after chairing a meeting of the government's emergency committee Cobra, Amber Rudd said the police would be sharing details later on Wednesday.

Sergei and Yulia Skripal were found unconscious in Salisbury on Sunday afternoon and remain critically ill.

Read more at: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43312625

Daughter poisoned as well. The Pro-Putin scum and their scum Pro-Putin trolls.

The daughter, Yulia, looks like Sally Fields imo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:40:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Re: 'More known' about substance in spy case
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:06:41 pm »
This article from Radio Free Europe explains what they think these two were poisoned with:

Fentanyl and Carfentanyl

Initial reports in British media said authorities suspected Skripal and his daughter were exposed to fentanyl, a synthetic opiate painkiller that is at least 50 times more powerful than morphine.

A related synthetic opioid, carfentanyl, is 100 times as potent as fentanyl and as much as 10,000 times as potent as morphine.

In addition to medical uses, and abuse as street drugs that often has deadly consequences, the chemicals have been weaponized as potentially lethal incapacitating agents.

Name Your Poison -- Exotic Toxins Fell Kremlin Foes

And other poisonings are listed.  A lot of that fentanyl is floating around; though, I'm sure they would have to be intentionally poisoned.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 03:07:27 pm »
Daughter poisoned as well. The Russian scum and their scum Russian trolls.

The daughter, Yulia, looks like Sally Fields imo.

Yeah, she had posted things critical of Putin, so it might not be just "collateral damage" or intimidation.  She might be in future danger, too, if she survives.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 03:41:40 pm »
Change to "pro-Putin" from "Russian", I even mistakenly do this. The Kremlin really doesn't represent the Russian people; not without free elections.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:10 pm »
Police are now reporting a nerve agent was used:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43323847

Also...

A police officer who was the first to attend the scene is now in a serious condition in hospital, Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn