Author Topic: 'This is problematic in SO many ways': Amy Schumer's new movie I Feel Pretty sparks bitter controver  (Read 1281 times)

Offline mountaineer

'This is problematic in SO many ways': Amy Schumer's new movie I Feel Pretty sparks bitter controversy on social media as people blast the 'mean' film and its 'disgusting narrative'
    * The 36-year-old comedian released the first trailer for her upcoming movie I Feel Pretty on Thursday
    * Her new movie is about an insecure woman who begins to believe that she looks like a supermodel after hitting her head during spin class
    * But after the trailer was released, the movie received sharp criticism from many saying it's 'destructive and revolting'

By Chloe Castleberry For Dailymail.com
Published: 09:03 EST, 14 February 2018 | Updated: 10:16 EST, 14 February 2018

Known for her great sense of humor, Amy Schumer is a comedian fans can count on for a good laugh.

But her latest comedic turn on the big screen, I Feel Pretty, has left people feeling more outraged than entertained, sparking huge controversy online in the days following its initial trailer release.

In particular, it is the movie's plot as detailed in the newly-released preview that seems to have drawn the most outrage, with people blasting the story - which focuses on an insecure woman called Renee - for being 'mean' and even 'disgusting'.  ...

Full story at Daily Mail (U.K.)

We've come to expect "disgusting" from Schmucky's niece.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Known for her great sense of humor...

Really? She is a hack and box office poison. Let the Libs eat their own.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not surprising.

Liberals are the biggest imbeciles, idiots and morons on the planet - yet think they are the smartest ones on the globe.

Liberals are also the ugliest people on the planet who assert they are the most beautiful, and mandate coercive policies to shove their ugly mugs into the mainstream.

So it is no surprise that a butt-ugly imbecilic Liberal moron would be in a movie to espouse that exact reality.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Known for her great sense of humor, Amy Schumer is a comedian fans can count on for a good laugh.

Sounds like maybe her fans at the Daily Mail are just now finding out what we've known on this side of the pond for years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online dfwgator

I love it when liberals get hoisted on their own petard.

Offline goatprairie

Maybe I'm the only person on the planet who has never heard or seen anything by Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, or many of those other angry, feminist comediennes. I suppose some people find that...ta da!!!....problematic.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
For what it's worth,  Schumer's brother, Jason Stein, is a terrific jazz musician, who plays advanced jazz on the bass clarinet.   As for Schumer, like others here, I've never seen her act.   But I did see the episode with her on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  Seemed nice enough.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For what it's worth,  Schumer's brother, Jason Stein, is a terrific jazz musician, who plays advanced jazz on the bass clarinet.   As for Schumer, like others here, I've never seen her act.   But I did see the episode with her on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  Seemed nice enough.

For what it's worth. Concerning the topic at hand,  why did you feel the need to post some unrelated bullshit about a guy who blows a clarinet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For what it's worth. Concerning the topic at hand,  why did you feel the need to post some unrelated bullshit about a guy who blows a clarinet?

:laugh:

Gotta laugh at the attempt to humanize the gal with the teeny tiny mouth.  Spot on, Ghost.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
For what it's worth. Concerning the topic at hand,  why did you feel the need to post some unrelated bullshit about a guy who blows a clarinet?who

Would you prefer that I say a good definition of an arsehole would be one who passes judgement on a movie before anyone has even seen it?

As for the "guy who blows a clarinet", I've followed his career for years and didn't know until a month or so ago that he's Amy Schumer's brother.  And I haven't seen a single thing she's done.   But it's the libs who are up in arms about this film, it appears -  they now seem to have a thing about incorrect "concepts".     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe I'm the only person on the planet who has never heard or seen anything by Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, or many of those other angry, feminist comediennes. I suppose some people find that...ta da!!!....problematic.

No, you're not the only one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Known for her great sense of humor...

Really? She is a hack and box office poison. Let the Libs eat their own.

@Frank Cannon

That has always  been my impression also.

How come you suddenly started getting it all right,Frank? You reading my mind? Huh? Huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

That has always  been my impression also.

How come you suddenly started getting it all right,Frank? You reading my mind? Huh? Huh?

No. I set the tone around here for thought, Jackson.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Schumer has never been funny. Mildly amusing at best,when reading someone else's words.

Sarah Silverman is funny,but meaner than a cross-eyed snake. She is also scary-smart. Damn shame she has such a shitty personality.

Offline goatprairie

@Schumer has never been funny. Mildly amusing at best,when reading someone else's words.

Sarah Silverman is funny,but meaner than a cross-eyed snake. She is also scary-smart. Damn shame she has such a shitty personality.
Being a good comedian is a gift. I've seen many liberal comedians, and some had it and some didn't. I'm talking about standup comedy
Bill Hicks, for example, was very liberal and very funny.  He was a born comedian.
Bill Maher isn't. He's a lousy standup comedian. Not even talking about his material, but he just doesn't have the right timing or delivery.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Being a good comedian is a gift. I've seen many liberal comedians, and some had it and some didn't. I'm talking about standup comedy
Bill Hicks, for example, was very liberal and very funny.  He was a born comedian.
Bill Maher isn't. He's a lousy standup comedian. Not even talking about his material, but he just doesn't have the right timing or delivery.

@goatprairie

BillMaher,on the best day he has ever seen or WILL ever see is a pus-filled boil on the ass of humanity.

Remember when he was going around bragging about how he was engaged to a black chick,and this proved how evolved and open-minded he was,and then she ended up taking him to court and suing him because he had hired her to pretend to be married to him,and then refused to pay her.

And the left didn't even blink. Didn't hurt his career or his show a bit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No. I set the tone around here for thought, Jackson.

Frank Cannon. Thought Police. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits