Author Topic: Man arrested after allegedly spanking stranger’s child in Kroger checkout line  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Suppressed

Man arrested after allegedly spanking stranger’s child in Kroger checkout line
The father of the child told police the suspect was intoxicated when he grabbed his son by the arm and spanked him at the self-checkout line.
Author: Kaitlyn Ross, Savannah Brock
Published: 7:31 PM CST February 8, 2018
http://www.ksdk.com/article/news/man-arrested-after-allegedly-spanking-strangers-child-in-kroger-checkout-line/63-516303006

NEWNAN, Ga. – A man was taken into custody after allegedly spanking a 2-year-old child in a grocery store checkout line.

On Feb. 6, Newnan police arrested 62-year-old Juan Guvarra Martinez after he allegedly spanked a stranger’s child at a Newnan Kroger.

The boy's father, Logan Morris, said he was going through the checkout aisle with his 2-year-old son when the boy asked for candy.

"I told him, 'No, it's too late bud,'" Morris said.

That's when, according to Morris, the man behind them in the line grabbed his son's hand, spun him around and spanked him three times.

"I didn't know what to think," Morris said. "I was blown away by the situation."

Morris said the man, identified as Martinez, told him, "That's how we deal with kids in Mexico."

Morris said he replied, "We're not in Mexico," left the store and called police.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That guy would be picking up his own teeth if he did that to mine.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

uh huh

If you don't beat them when they are two, they are living in your basement when they are 32.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline driftdiver

uh huh

If you don't beat them when they are two, they are living in your basement when they are 32.

First of all beating and a spanking are different.

Second, touch mine and you'll regret it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He literally was just spanking kids that American won't spank.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

Remember in the old days, it was acceptable and expected to spank misbehaving children*, even if they weren't yours.  Times have sure changed!

*not saying this one was necessarily misbehaving.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:05:57 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
First of all beating and a spanking are different.

Second, touch mine and you'll regret it.

First of all the child was spanked.

Second, I agree with your premise. I was never "beaten" as a child. But I've had my ass kicked when and where I deserved it.

I am going to throw a bit of humor in here with this, "This is why we can't have nice things".

There is an acceptable level of misconduct or bad behavior. In public. So, I ask you. If you are throwing a two year old fit in the czech out line and I make you swallow your teeth,bwhat are you going to do?

My main point being is that parental responsibility is at an all time low. Don't take your irresponsibility out in public and then bitch about the public response.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I never had any children of my own, but I would sure put a severe hurting on any stranger who laid a hand of any of my little great nieces or nephews.

On the other hand, I’ve sure seen some kids in stores that deserved and could have benefited from a good couple of hard swats on the butt. But on the other, other hand, I’ve also seen some parents in stores who were either being physically or verbally abusive to their kids or completely ignoring them as if they didn’t exist.

A friend of mine had a bad fall and tore her ACL and had a 3 1/2-year-old son.  While she was recovering after coming home from surgery, I took little Seth with me for the day.  Oh Seth was such a joy /s. Even his mom used to call him “Doctor Fun” because even as a baby he had a rather sour disposition.

Anyway I told Seth we were going to go to my great nephew’s baseball game for a while, and told him that I would take him to lunch where ever he wanted to go and then for ice cream and then to his favorite playground but first, I had to make a stop at Target. 

But when we got there he started throwing a fit and then had a major melt down. I put him in the shopping cart and he started crying and then yelling as loud as he could, “Stop! Stop! You’re hurting me, Please! Please stop hurting me! Please don’t hurt me anymore!”

Of course I got a lot of nasty looks and thought that if someone called the police and the kid not being my own and with my friend probably asleep/knocked out after taking her oxycodone pill, that I might end up in jail.

I looked him straight in the eyes and leaned in close to him and in his ear and in a very stern voice said something like, “If you think I’m hurting you now, you don’t know what hurt is. Keep it up and I’ll show you some hurt”. Somehow he understood and calmed down and the rest of the day went well.

Some years earlier I took one my great nephew’s, the baseball player, out shopping with me when he was at about the same age and I bought him a plastic baseball and bat with the promise my husband and I would take him to the park later that day.  He was so excited that as I was pushing the grocery cart with him in it through the store, he told everyone we passed by in the store “I’ve got a baseball and bat!” and most people smiled or said something nice to him. But as one man walked by he said nothing and didn’t even look at him and Alan said, “Hey! You! Mister! I said have a baseball and a bat! Don’t be so rude. My Aunt G bought this for me!”

Kids…
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

First of all the child was spanked.

Second, I agree with your premise. I was never "beaten" as a child. But I've had my ass kicked when and where I deserved it.

I am going to throw a bit of humor in here with this, "This is why we can't have nice things".

There is an acceptable level of misconduct or bad behavior. In public. So, I ask you. If you are throwing a two year old fit in the czech out line and I make you swallow your teeth,bwhat are you going to do?

My main point being is that parental responsibility is at an all time low. Don't take your irresponsibility out in public and then bitch about the public response.

Go ahead, spank my kids.   You probably dont need your hands anymore.

Sure some kids act out.  Some parents don't do anything about it.  Stay away from walmart and the problem is barely noticeable.

Offline goodwithagun

You’re too kind. My handbags might be designer, but I carry more than a wallet and makeup bag in them.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

"That's how we deal with kids in Mexico."

If that is this piece of human debris excuse, then he wouldn't mind if as punishment his head is chopped off with a machete and used as a soccer ball......because that's how creeps are dealt with in Mexico.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Go ahead, spank my kids.   You probably dont need your hands anymore.

Sure some kids act out.  Some parents don't do anything about it.  Stay away from walmart and the problem is barely noticeable.

Go ahead, be an irresponsible parent. Take your undisciplined and disrespectful kids out in public. You probably don't need your head anymore. You ain't using it anyway.

Offline Frank Cannon

Go ahead, be an irresponsible parent. Take your undisciplined and disrespectful kids out in public. You probably don't need your head anymore. You ain't using it anyway.

You can go [Nope]. If you decided my kid wasn't acting up to your standards of propriety and pulled this shit, I wouldn't be lazy like the other posters here and pull my gun. I would beat you with my fists so that I could watch you bleed out while the cops slow walked their way in to the store to save your ass.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:53:13 pm by MOD8 »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

MYOB is always an appropriate response.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You can go NOPE. If you decided my kid wasn't acting up to your standards of propriety and pulled this shit, I wouldn't be lazy like the other posters here and pull my gun. I would beat you with my fists so that I could watch you bleed out while the cops slow walked their way in to the store to save your ass.

See?
See?

YOU [it's bleeped for a reason - Mod8]   [Nope]

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:50:12 pm by MOD8 »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@MOD8

yeah huh

Truth suppression.  Just another Christ killer. I bow to your imminence on this forum. Render unto Kaiser.

I will NOT apologize or in any way amend my statement.

Offline MOD8

@MOD8

yeah huh

Truth suppression.  Just another Christ killer. I bow to your imminence on this forum. Render unto Kaiser.

I will NOT apologize or in any way amend my statement.

Fred,  now you are the one acting like a spolied two year old in need of a spanking.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't understand some of the comments here.  There's nothing in the article that syas the two year old misbehaved, just that he asked for candy and was told no, so why are some people defending a stranger spanking the kid?   I have no problem with spankings, but I would have lost my shit if some drunk a-hole touched my son.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't understand some of the comments here.  There's nothing in the article that syas the two year old misbehaved, just that he asked for candy and was told no, so why are some people defending a stranger spanking the kid?   I have no problem with spankings, but I would have lost my shit if some drunk a-hole touched my son.

Reread the thread. There is only one person defending this bullshit.

Offline RoosGirl

Reread the thread. There is only one person defending this bullshit.

I see two.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I love a friday thread train wreck.   888high58888
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Pontius Pilate’s fault.

Damn Romans.