Author Topic: Obama spokesman: Trump 'owns' Wall Street's collapse for bragging on its rise  (Read 1350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama spokesman: Trump 'owns' Wall Street's collapse for bragging on its rise
by Paul Bedard | Feb 5, 2018, 6:04 PM

As Wall Street tumbled into an historically bad day today, former President Obama’s one-time spokesman suggested that President Trump will “own the fall” because has bragged about the huge increase, something the aide said Obama never did.

Jay Carney
✔
@JayCarney

Good time to recall that in the previous administration, we NEVER boasted about the stock market -- even though the Dow more than doubled on Obama's watch -- because we knew two things: 1) the stock market is not the economy; and 2) if you claim the rise, you own the fall.
1:50 PM - Feb 5, 2018

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-spokesman-trump-owns-wall-streets-collapse-for-bragging-on-its-rise/article/2648170
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

I, along with many other Briefers saw this coming and predicted it weeks ago when he first started taking the mostly unearned credit.  This should shut him up for awhile, at least about the Market.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Let's hear all about the free wheeling capitalism of the market from the guy who has Soviet propaganda art on his walls at home.....

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-boasts-rising-stock-market-during-his-term

That said its stupid to brag on the stock market as other, very good economic news can negatively affect it. As has happened over the past several days.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
There is no collapse.    Just because you two NT's wish there is one doen't make it so,
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LMAO

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-boasts-rising-stock-market-during-his-term

That said its stupid to brag on the stock market as other, very good economic news can negatively affect it. As has happened over the past several days.

Yep

James Carney is trying to revise history here a little bit.

In fact, it was several months ago Obama was bragging about it as being a result of his policies

What’s hilarious in  the article is that when people point out how many times Obama actually did in fact brag about the stock market rise he keeps having to revise his revised, revised statements
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:30:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Nobody "owns" anything anymore. I remember when we tried to say Obama "owned" the crappy economy back in 2012. Didn't work then. Won't work now.

Offline skeeter

Nobody "owns" anything anymore. I remember when we tried to say Obama "owned" the crappy economy back in 2012. Didn't work then. Won't work now.

Mostly agree, except in cases where the government either loads or unloads the economy with laws & regulations. Trump can rightly credit himself for unleashing alot of energy pent up by Obama era regulatory roadblocks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How many times did Obama take ownership of the things in this country that he ruined?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

It closed today almost 600 points higher, so.......

Offline Frank Cannon

Guess Trump owns the comeback since the Obama hack says so.

Offline the_doc

Where is the best place to find a graph of the closing value of the DJ from, say, 1/29/18 through today?

Offline GrouchoTex

Where is the best place to find a graph of the closing value of the DJ from, say, 1/29/18 through today?
There is a "money" click on the top of the Microsoft browser page.
If you crick on the graph, you can sort day/month/year/5 years.
I looked, and it is  down roughly 5% since last Thursday,
gained 2.13% to get us back to -5% for the week

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/indexdetails/fi-30.10.%21DJI.30.%24INDU

Offline Frank Cannon

Up your ass and to the left.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

This one has some customization on the left-hand toolbar.

http://tfc-charts.w2d.com/chart/DW/W
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

Doesn't the market drop roughly every 7 years anyway?
Some times worse than other, obviously.

We were about due, since 2008 was the last major drop I could think of.
It took a 9 yrs, 5 months this time, with a pretty good rise this last year.

I wonder if it is over now, or more to come?
5 % is a decent hit. but not in the grand scheme of things, if this is it.

Going from are roughly 18k on election day to 24k today is a helluva a jump, even if that means a drop back from 26k a few days ago.

Online corbe

Up your ass and to the left.

I suspect a colonoscopy is in your Future @Frank Cannon, whether you need it or not, for talking to @the_doc that way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bolobaby

They bragged on keeping doctors and health plans. Do they own the subsequent loss of those?

Just curious.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

I suspect a colonoscopy is in your Future @Frank Cannon, whether you need it or not, for talking to @the_doc that way.

He asked for directions. That's my standard reply.

Online corbe

I suspect you're the reason your Dr. hasn't invested in HD Cameras yet.

Offline goatprairie

While Trump is a little too mouthy with his boasting, the SM boomed after he was elected. If the Dems want to take credit for the rise, then they can't blame Trump for the drop. They can't have it both ways.

Offline the_doc

@corbe

I guess I ought to thank you for responding to Frank, but I have to admit that I actually got a (very) slight chuckle out of my TBR friend's (?) nasty quip.  (It was just too weird for me to care about it.  I regard Frank as TBR's version of a shock jock.)   

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Frank cannon you were saying?

Offline Frank Cannon

@corbe
I guess I ought to thank you for responding to Frank, but I have to admit that I actually got a (very) slight chuckle out of my TBR friend's (?) nasty quip.  (It was just too weird for me to care about it.  I regard Frank as TBR's version of a shock jock.)

See! The Doc says it's Comedy Gold!

Online corbe

See! The Doc says it's Comedy Gold!

He knew he was gonna have to order 'Special Purpose' Nozzles for a butt such as yours, Frank. (No telling what he'd find up there).