Author Topic: American 'Islamic State fighter' case challenges Trump  (Read 317 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
American 'Islamic State fighter' case challenges Trump
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:57:57 pm »
The first and only US citizen caught on the battlefield allegedly fighting for the Islamic State is in a legal limbo, held in Iraq without rights as Washington grapples with his fate.

Identified in court papers as "John Doe," the man has been held for nearly five months, the military allowing him access to legal advice only after being forced to do so by a federal judge in Washington DC.

He was born in the United States but also has Saudi nationality, and the government has maintained the right to transfer him to another country, presumably Saudi Arabia.

It would be one way -- highly illegal according to rights lawyers -- to handle a fundamental dilemma for President Donald Trump, a test case challenging his pledge to be tough on any captured Islamic State supporters and his commitment to US law.

Between 100 to 200 US nationals traveled to Syria and Iraq after 2010 to work and fight in their ranks, according to various estimates.

A handful are known killed, but the number isn't clear: the US has not provided any data.

- 'Enemy fighter' -

John Doe is the only one known captured alive. On September 14 the Pentagon confirmed that they were holding a US citizen who had been fighting for the Islamic State group and surrendered to the allied Syrian Democratic Forces in Syria days earlier.

He was moved to Iraq where he has been interrogated by military and FBI investigators.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-islamic-state-fighter-case-challenges-trump-012344819.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: American 'Islamic State fighter' case challenges Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:08:01 pm »
Shoot his ass and then hang him for good measure.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: American 'Islamic State fighter' case challenges Trump
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:02:23 pm »
Shoot his ass and then hang him for good measure.
While escaping of course.