Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18774 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2018, 11:43:23 pm »
This new proposal by Trump is NOT the kind of proposal someone makes after winning the shut down fight.

What he's done is double down on what he bashed the Libs for proposing.

I guess Amnesty Don couldn't let Chuck and Nancy out do him.

Do you remember this exchange in the Presidential debates between Cruz and Trump?

Ted Cruz: ‘Donald Funded the Gang of Eight’

Cruz said, “Well, existing law provides that those who are deported cannot come back here legally. U.S. citizens can come back. That’s existing law. But let me say, Wolf, I really find it amazing that Donald believes that he is the one who discovered the issue of illegal immigration. I can tell you, when I ran for senate here in the state of Texas, I ran promising to lead the fight against amnesty, promising to fight to build a wall, and in 2013, when I was leading the fight against the Gang of Eight amnesty bill, where was Donald? He was firing Dennis Rodman on “Celebrity Apprentice” and indeed, if you look at the Gang of Eight, one individual on this stage broke his promise to the men and women who elected him and wrote the amnesty bill, but Donald funded the Gang of Eight. If you look at the eight members of the Gang of Eight, Donald gave over $50,000 to three Democrats and two Republicans. And when you’re funding open border politicians, you shouldn’t be surprised when they fight for open borders. And I think if you want to know who actually will secure the borders and follow through, you ought to ask, who has a record before they were a candidate for president, of fighting to secure the borders and stop amnesty, and I’m the only one on this stage that has that record. And by the way, Marco is exactly right, that a federal court found Donald guilty of being part of a conspiracy to hire people illegally and entered a $1 million judgment against him.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/25/ted-cruz-donald-funded-the-gang-of-eight/

****sheep****  Well President Trump was Ted correct are you going to be an amnesty president?  Are you going to let the American people who voted for you down?  I hope not.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2018, 11:47:18 pm »
Do you remember this exchange in the Presidential debates between Cruz and Trump?

Cruz said, “Well, existing law provides that those who are deported cannot come back here legally. U.S. citizens can come back. That’s existing law. But let me say, Wolf, I really find it amazing that Donald believes that he is the one who discovered the issue of illegal immigration. I can tell you, when I ran for senate here in the state of Texas, I ran promising to lead the fight against amnesty, promising to fight to build a wall, and in 2013, when I was leading the fight against the Gang of Eight amnesty bill, where was Donald? He was firing Dennis Rodman on “Celebrity Apprentice” and indeed, if you look at the Gang of Eight, one individual on this stage broke his promise to the men and women who elected him and wrote the amnesty bill, but Donald funded the Gang of Eight. If you look at the eight members of the Gang of Eight, Donald gave over $50,000 to three Democrats and two Republicans. And when you’re funding open border politicians, you shouldn’t be surprised when they fight for open borders. And I think if you want to know who actually will secure the borders and follow through, you ought to ask, who has a record before they were a candidate for president, of fighting to secure the borders and stop amnesty, and I’m the only one on this stage that has that record. And by the way, Marco is exactly right, that a federal court found Donald guilty of being part of a conspiracy to hire people illegally and entered a $1 million judgment against him.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/25/ted-cruz-donald-funded-the-gang-of-eight/

****sheep****  Well President Trump was Ted correct are you going to be an amnesty president?  Are you going to let the American people who voted for you down?  I hope not.

I hope not either.   goopo
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2018, 12:02:23 am »
I hope not either.   goopo

Illegal immigration is the one biggest issue to me.  Unless he comes through on this he isn't getting re-elected.  I don't care what any poll says.  They aren't correct and I am sure illegal aliens like to participate in polling also.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:35 am »
Illegal immigration is the one biggest issue to me.  Unless he comes through on this he isn't getting re-elected.  I don't care what any poll says.  They aren't correct and I am sure illegal aliens like to participate in polling also.

Illegal immigration is one of THEE biggest issues to me as well.  Those that think this is no big deal should really take a closer look as to what has happened over in EU (demographics are a little different but the outcome will be the same).  Imagine what it's going to be like to grant millions citizenship who in turn will invite their cousins, aunts, uncles over here as well.  For the most part the 20,000,000+ who are here aren't assimilating and a disproportionate number of them commit crimes and crimes against our citizenry.  I really don't understand how people fail to see the severity of the situation.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:47:53 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:59 am »
Nothing outweighs giving up the sovereignty of this country and that's exactly what amnesty will do.  You are right, illegals aren't going to go away on their own.  Take away the benefits and some will self-deport and I believe deportation is warranted.  Offer to those that self-deport a chance to enter legally after 7-10 years (with fines and stipulations) and those that don't self-deport will NEVER have a chance to enter legally.  As for amnesty; FORGET IT!

Sounds like a plan.  As for the wall, I'm not that interested in the wall.  It is logistically impossible for it to be built across the entire border from Mexico and there are less costly methods that could work as well if we do them.

Empower border security agents.  Employ technology.  Use drones.  Deport instantly ...

Just a few examples.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2018, 01:24:35 am »
Besides all that I am more interested in keeping muslims out.  Mexicans, yeah, but muslims really change a society and scare the heck out of me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2018, 01:29:02 am »

I remember that well.

I think the people that voted for him for his promises of being tough on amnesty and illegals are going to be in for a big surprise.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2018, 01:43:20 am »
I remember that well.

I think the people that voted for him for his promises of being tough on amnesty and illegals are going to be in for a big surprise.

Yes, me too.  But dissing Trump for his TV past is passe.

I'm waiting to see what he actually does before I turn on him.  Cruz had much more experience with the dangers of illegals than Trump ever did living in Trump Towers.

Cruz was in Texas.  Texas, by the way, has handled the problem a lot better than California.

We shall see what we shall see.

But so far I have not seen evidence that Trump will disappoint on this issue.

And I'm not gonna sit around panting for him to fail because if Trump fails, we all fail.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2018, 02:04:13 am »
Illegal immigration is one of THEE biggest issues to me as well.  Those that think this is no big deal should really take a closer look as to what has happened over in EU (demographics are a little different but the outcome will be the same).  Imagine what it's going to be like to grant millions citizenship who in turn will invite their cousins, aunts, uncles over here as well.  For the most part the 20,000,000+ who are here aren't assimilating and a disproportionate number of them commit crimes and crimes against our citizenry.  I really don't understand how people fail to see the severity of the situation.

I don't either.  It isn't just about demographics either but I agree that is huge.  It is the safety of the citizens.  (border is a crime business)  The American jobs and the idea that we actually have rule of law.  If we are without law it is tyranny.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2018, 02:04:54 am »

Ted Cruz: ‘Donald Funded the Gang of Eight’   .... 

Do you remember this between Rubio and Cruz?

! No longer available

Or this:

! No longer available

Or this:

! No longer available

Or this:

! No longer available

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2018, 02:10:15 am »
Besides all that I am more interested in keeping muslims out.  Mexicans, yeah, but muslims really change a society and scare the heck out of me.

My guess is that you have not read up much on what happens in Mexico.  Aside from the fact that ME terrorists are entering from this dilapidated fencing there is a cartel business at the border.  If you do some searching on cartel crime, beheadings, human trafficking, rape on the border.  And ME terrorists crossing Mexican border you might be a little more scared.  I don't live far from the border and there are some devil hombre's coming in.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:43:20 am by MOD3 »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2018, 03:05:54 am »
What Amnesty Don doesn't realize is that if he does nothing on DACA...because it's was an EO and not law it's about to expire in a couple months.

The smart move would be to just wait out the clock.

But this is Amnesty Don we're talking about here.

One problem with tweeting to the world that your offer is just a stunt - you may get called on your bluff.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2018, 02:19:54 pm »

One problem with tweeting to the world that your offer is just a stunt - you may get called on your bluff.

Exactly.  Because now the Dems can take the 1.8 million number Trump vomited out and double that or just say "well lets just give amnesty for ALL of the 47 million illegals living in the country or we'll shut the government down."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »
Sounds like a plan.  As for the wall, I'm not that interested in the wall.  It is logistically impossible for it to be built across the entire border from Mexico and there are less costly methods that could work as well if we do them.

Empower border security agents.  Employ technology.  Use drones.  Deport instantly ...

Just a few examples.

@Emjay
A wall use useful in many areas.   Not possible in other areas.   Remove their ability to work in the US and it will cut the numbers significantly making everything else easier and cheaper.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2018, 02:30:42 pm »
Exactly.  Because now the Dems can take the 1.8 million number Trump vomited out and double that or just say "well lets just give amnesty for ALL of the 47 million illegals living in the country or we'll shut the government down."

:amen:  Trump supporters really need to realize that the 'grand bargainer' isn't getting anything in return...a promise of a wall in the future and a promise to end chain migration coming from the DEMS is giving them the leverage and power to gain the voting advantage that they need to ensure that a Republican is never seated again.

I truly believe that this has been his agenda from the beginning.  He's backpedaled on quite a few key issues and yet his supporters still rallied around him. Why do they continue to give him a 'pass' on everything?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2018, 02:30:58 pm »
Nothing outweighs giving up the sovereignty of this country and that's exactly what amnesty will do.  You are right, illegals aren't going to go away on their own.  Take away the benefits and some will self-deport and I believe deportation is warranted.  Offer to those that self-deport a chance to enter legally after 7-10 years (with fines and stipulations) and those that don't self-deport will NEVER have a chance to enter legally.  As for amnesty; FORGET IT!
Eh, no, they will self deport once the laws on the books are enforced and they cannot get a job.

Federal law says it is illegal to hire someone here illegally.

How would they live if no one will hire them and no benefits are forthcoming?

They came here for the most part as they thought economic conditions would improve for them.  Take away that incentive and they will return.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2018, 02:44:42 pm »

Just a few examples.

Well I disagree with you on the wall.  We need a physical barrier in order to keep more people from pouring over our borders.  I do know that in the past our border patrol agents have been ordered to stand down and were not allowed to carry long guns; therefore they were outnumbered and outgunned to begin with, so yes, empowering our border patrol is necessary.  Keep in mind that they are not only up against people sneaking across the border but are up against the Mexican drug cartel and I wonder if our government still has their hands in the cookie jar (Fast 'n Furious).  Sure you can have drones in the air, but you still need boots on the ground in order to apprehend. Yes immediate deportation would be nice, but for some reason, they apprehend, process and release them.  I don't know if that has changed or not, I would hope so. I also question if we have border agents who aren't going to comply with deportation -- just like we have mayor and sheriffs who won't comply in sanctuary cities, etc.  So again, a wall that is manned by border agents and drones would be much more efficient and effective.

As for not being able to put a complete wall up due to the terrain -- it can be done.  You mean to tell me that we don't have engineers that could figure how to do so?  It can be done, it's an excuse.  Just like the environmentalists screaming that a wall is going to harm the environment, yet there are areas along the southern border where garbage and debris line the pathways before and after the inferior fencing that is now in place.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:47:56 pm by libertybele »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »

Just a few examples.

No one is talking about a wall along the entire border. Current thinking is 700 miles of wall, where a wall makes sense.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2018, 02:54:36 pm »

Cruz was in Texas.  Texas, by the way, has handled the problem a lot better than California.

We shall see what we shall see.

But so far I have not seen evidence that Trump will disappoint on this issue.

And I'm not gonna sit around panting for him to fail because if Trump fails, we all fail.

Trump is doing all he can, but nothing moves thru the Senate without 60 votes. We all need to vote in 2018 to give Trump those 60 votes.

Offline edpc

« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2018, 03:04:20 pm »
Trump is doing all he can, but nothing moves thru the Senate without 60 votes. We all need to vote in 2018 to give Trump those 60 votes.

Don’t kid yourself.  Things can and have moved through the Senate with a simple majority.  Having 60 R votes isn’t a quorum guarantee.  In order to get that many, you’ll need more than a few RINOs elected.  We already have them with 51.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2018, 03:09:53 pm »

If he was truly doing all he can on this...he'd just issue an EO cancelling the EO that Obama signed authorizing DACA and be done with it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2018, 03:10:49 pm »
Do you remember this between Rubio and Cruz?

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Excellent I'll just add this, Ted himself on legalizing illegals.

http://youtu.be/MrNWwgx5Cus?t=210
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:14:51 pm by jpsb »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »
Eh, no, they will self deport once the laws on the books are enforced and they cannot get a job.

Federal law says it is illegal to hire someone here illegally.

How would they live if no one will hire them and no benefits are forthcoming?

They came here for the most part as they thought economic conditions would improve for them.  Take away that incentive and they will return.

Eh, I realize that there are laws on the books ... so ... you mean to tell me that supposedly once those laws are actually enforced, employers who are now paying illegals under the table are all of a sudden going to comply?  Don't think so.  I get take away there bennies and some will self deport -- yet there are lots that will stay as they've already figured a way around the system, and some are already surviving by illegal means anyways (imagine that).

Offline edpc

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2018, 03:32:46 pm »
If he was truly doing all he can on this...he'd just issue an EO cancelling the EO that Obama signed authorizing DACA and be done with it.

Technically, he did.....with a 6 month fuse.  Of course, he also said he could extend it beyond the deadline, if he wanted.  After saying that and things like the DACA people didn’t need to worry, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Dems stall into March.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:29 pm »
:amen:  Trump supporters really need to realize that the 'grand bargainer' isn't getting anything in return...

I respectfully suggest your crystal ball needs a good washing.