Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18534 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2018, 03:19:45 pm »
Sorta like the border wall was just meant to be symbolic.

Based on my last post, the "rollout" was obviously symbolic, too.  :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2018, 03:22:43 pm »
By offering a horrible and loosing proposition?  Okay then...

He's managed to get away with it because the Dems always overreach, giving Trump a chance to tie them back.  If they ever stop doing that and start settling for what they can get easily, this strategy is in trouble.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2018, 03:26:49 pm »
He's managed to get away with it because the Dems always overreach, giving Trump a chance to tie them back.  If they ever stop doing that and start settling for what they can get easily, this strategy is in trouble.

Exactly - what if he "wins" this one?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2018, 03:36:23 pm »

It's already happening @Cyber Liberty ... only it's coming the Dem's "base" pushing  Congressional Democrats deeper and deeper into the corner.

First, it's the protests, including the ones outside Schumer's home and now a flat out rejection of the President's proposal by "Dreamer action groups". 

More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,301277.0.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2018, 03:54:52 pm »
It's already happening @Cyber Liberty ... only it's coming the Dem's "base" pushing  Congressional Democrats deeper and deeper into the corner.

First, it's the protests, including the ones outside Schumer's home and now a flat out rejection of the President's proposal by "Dreamer action groups". 

More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,301277.0.html

It could very well be they can't "take what they can" because their base won't permit it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »

The reality of the matter is that Trump has already announced the he is willing to grant amnesty to an estimated 1.8 million DACA recipients and has been quoted on that by just about every news source.  It doesn't matter what he's hoping to get along with that; he's agreed to amnesty.  It doesn't get much clearer than that. Two things; in doing so, he's put a noose around every GOP's neck who won't go along with amnesty and he's set a precedent for every illegal here.  Most significantly, he's backpedaled and he's LIED!  There's no other way to look at this.  He lied.  He specifically stated "no amnesty". 

He could bring about the largest tax reform in history and jump start the economy but at the end of the day he's handed the left millions of voters.  Voters for the most part that don't want to assimilate and with no way to end the succession of people flowing into this country.  He will have succeeded in giving away our sovereignty and IMHO, this may have been all by design long ago before he even announced his run for the presidency. After all Clinton proclaimed that her dream was to see “open trade and open borders” throughout the Western Hemisphere.

RE: bold

"I told them I'd take the heat....and sign whatever they bring me".

We've already witnessed Pres. Trump's negotiating style with that televised White House meeting with heads of House and Senate.

He KNOWS they will always overreach.

And as I stated previously, "amnesty" is coming for the DACAs....like it or not.    They only thing that should concern all of us is their right to vote.   THAT must NOT happen for a minimum of 10years.

Give Pres. Trump's strategy to bring back America to greatness a chance before the DEMS can wreck the place again.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2018, 04:11:26 pm »

We've already witnessed Pres. Trump's negotiating style with that televised White House meeting with heads of House and Senate.

And as I stated previously, "amnesty" is coming for the DACAs....like it or not.    They only thing that should concern all of us is their right to vote.   THAT must NOT happen for a minimum of 10years.

Give Pres. Trump's strategy to bring back America to greatness a chance before the DEMS can wreck the place again.

Problem is the ten years till they vote will last about as long as it takes Trump to finish his term, maybe sooner.

There's no way they'll grant them amnesty and not immediately begin the push to give them the vote. Which they will promptly get.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2018, 04:17:21 pm »
Problem is the ten years till they vote will last about as long as it takes Trump to finish his term, maybe sooner.

There's no way they'll grant them amnesty and not immediately begin the push to give them the vote. Which they will promptly get.

They promptly WILL, should the DEMS take the House and Senate before 2020.

I have a feeling President Trump has this covered. 

WTH..... we're here and bought the ticket...may as well enjoy the ride.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2018, 04:18:49 pm »

The other problem is the wall. It won't be built in time to stop another wave of illegals. The Rats will tie up the actual construction in the courts with environmental and eminent domain issues. They will also tie up ending chain migration in the courts while another 5-6 million people get the right to be here.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2018, 04:20:57 pm »
It could very well be they can't "take what they can" because their base won't permit it.

...if their base is illegals, true.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2018, 04:21:59 pm »

So, to take advantage of their overreach, his starting position is to overreach?  Just not working....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2018, 04:23:15 pm »
The other problem is the wall. It won't be built in time to stop another wave of illegals. The Rats will tie up the actual construction in the courts with environmental and eminent domain issues. They will also tie up ending chain migration in the courts while another 5-6 million people get the right to be here.

If he gives in now, it won't be built at all.  "Trust fund"?  Really?  Sorta like the Social Security trust fund? 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2018, 04:30:06 pm »
They're going to publicly unveil this on Monday.  Given the negative reaction it's received from both sides, it'll be interesting to see if anything has changed over four days or how they'll attempt to sell it as is.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2018, 04:37:17 pm »
They're going to publicly unveil this on Monday.  Given the negative reaction it's received from both sides, it'll be interesting to see if anything has changed over four days or how they'll attempt to sell it as is.

The unveiling for Monday has been cancelled. I linked the Breitbart article on another post.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline edpc

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2018, 04:44:12 pm »
The unveiling for Monday has been cancelled. I linked the Breitbart article on another post.

From that link.....

DHS spokesperson Tyler Houlton, though, called the canceled rollout a “scheduling issue,” saying that the canceling was not due to other reasons.

Seems like there has been an outbreak of scheduling problems and logistical issues at the WH lately.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2018, 04:45:31 pm »
So, to take advantage of their overreach, his starting position is to overreach?  Just not working....

He comes out and says "bring me something to sign.  I'll sign it".    You saw how that ended...with Pelosi and Schumer wearing egg.

He comes out and says, "Amnesty for 1.8 million in exchange for THE WALL" is essentially the same thing as "Bring me something.....".

if you can't follow the bouncing ball, ....can't help you.    ^-^

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2018, 05:02:40 pm »
He comes out and says "bring me something to sign.  I'll sign it".    You saw how that ended...with Pelosi and Schumer wearing egg.

He comes out and says, "Amnesty for 1.8 million in exchange for THE WALL" is essentially the same thing as "Bring me something.....".

Ah, that's how you spin it.  The traditional "you're too stupid to understand what he's doing", and the "somehow this works in 13 dimensional chess".  Got it. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2018, 05:03:06 pm »

I can follow it.  The terrible Graham-Durbin proposal wanted to cover about 3.2M total.  This really bad WH proposal has a figure of 1.8M people.  Seems like we're heading for a compromise between terrible and really bad for an appalling deal that ends up with 2.5M receiving legal status and eventual citizenship.

Chain migration won't end.  It'll only get scaled back.  The wall funding can always be blocked by a future congress.  What we'll end up getting is a free ride for illegals and a bunch of broken promises on enforcement.  Feels a lot like 1986.

Make
America
Gullible
Again

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2018, 05:04:38 pm »
Chain migration continues, per different sources, that results in about 1,000,000 coming in every year. So, Cruz's "forget it" means more chain migration. The original proposal though, did not have chain migration ending for quite some time anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »
Exactly - what if he "wins" this one?

He would be in a position analogous to a dog who caught the car.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2018, 05:07:45 pm »
He would be in a position analogous to a dog who caught the car.

Ah, the old "tiger by the tail" strategy. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2018, 05:28:53 pm »

I can follow it.  The terrible Graham-Durbin proposal wanted to cover about 3.2M total.  This really bad WH proposal has a figure of 1.8M people.  Seems like we're heading for a compromise between terrible and really bad for an appalling deal that ends up with 2.5M receiving legal status and eventual citizenship.

Chain migration won't end.  It'll only get scaled back.  The wall funding can always be blocked by a future congress.  What we'll end up getting is a free ride for illegals and a bunch of broken promises on enforcement.  Feels a lot like 1986.

Make
America
Gullible
Again

Trump supporters see it like this:

The rest of us see it like this:

Offline edpc

« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »
Trump supporters see it like this:

The biggest problem they'd have with using Thermopylae as an example of making a stand on immigration is forgetting the committed Greeks were sold out by Ephialtes - one of their own countrymen - leading to their annihilation.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:41:57 pm by edpc »

Offline anubias

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2018, 05:57:20 pm »
DACA is all the Dems have as an issue.  They cannot and will not agree to anything Trump comes up with or they will not have an issue for 2020.

I have no idea of what Trump is thinking other than what he wrote in his book and what he has done in the past.  I *think* he made the offer knowing that Chuckie Schmuckie would never agree to it, the results being, “See?  I tried to work with these cretins.  They refused to compromise.”  I think the offer will be rescinded, what Trump really wants passed that our lovely RINOs will allow will be done via reconciliation.  I refuse to be Chicken Little until the fat lady has sung.

The rest of you can set fire to your hair as is your wont, but until this is finished, none of us knows what Trump is truly doing. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2018, 06:20:16 pm »
DACA is all the Dems have as an issue.  They cannot and will not agree to anything Trump comes up with or they will not have an issue for 2020.

I have no idea of what Trump is thinking other than what he wrote in his book and what he has done in the past.  I *think* he made the offer knowing that Chuckie Schmuckie would never agree to it, the results being, “See?  I tried to work with these cretins.  They refused to compromise.”  I think the offer will be rescinded, what Trump really wants passed that our lovely RINOs will allow will be done via reconciliation.  I refuse to be Chicken Little until the fat lady has sung.

The rest of you can set fire to your hair as is your wont, but until this is finished, none of us knows what Trump is truly doing.
I agree with your analysis.

The notion both sides have less to gain by "solving the immigration issue," has held constant since 1986.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln