Author Topic: McSally now in for Trump in Arizona, as GOP tries to keep Senate seat  (Read 2674 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
McSally now in for Trump in Arizona, as GOP tries to keep Senate seat

Joseph Weber By  Joseph Weber   | Fox News       

snip

She looks and sounds good

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/13/mcsally-now-in-for-trump-in-arizona-as-gop-tries-to-keep-senate-seat.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Re: McSally now in for Trump in Arizona, as GOP tries to keep Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:08:53 pm »
 :patriot:  In reading the article she indeed sounds good.  Arizona is a border state and IMHO standing tough on illegal immigration and building a wall is a must if the GOP intends to keep AZ red.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:44 pm »
She was non-committal on the DREAM Act and voted against cutting DACA in 2015.  She'd make a lovely replacement for McCain in the Gang of Eight.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:16:48 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:36:40 pm »
She was non-committal on the DREAM Act and voted against cutting DACA in 2015.  She'd make a lovely replacement for McCain in the Gang of Eight.

She represents Gabby Giffords old district, which includes liberal Tucson.  She first won the seat by 200 votes.  Would you expect a Barry Goldwater clone to come from there?  At the moment, her chief competitor is Kelli Ward, who lost the Primary to John McCain, and is a believer of the "Chemtrails" conspiracy theory.

Feel free to choose another candidate for AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:57 pm »
Would you expect a Barry Goldwater clone to come from there?

Sure.....why not?  Hillary was from Park Ridge, IL and she was a Goldwater girl.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:55 pm »

Sure.....why not?  Hillary was from Park Ridge, IL and she was a Goldwater girl.

Cool.  So I assume you'll either be moving here, or dispensing the same kind of advice given to AL voters last month?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:47:21 pm »
I guess that was too subtle for a discussion board.    :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:04:45 pm »
I guess that was too subtle for a discussion board.    :shrug:

I guess it was.  I watched a couple of months of people ragging Roy Moore like he was Donald Trump, and I guess I just don't have the humor necessary to go through that crap again.  Apologies for my short fuse.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:06:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 03:19:14 am »
She's got my vote.

On the Trump train...A10 Warthog pilot meaning she's got guts, smarts and determination...doesn't believe in chemtrails (Ward) and isn't older than Methusaleh (Arpaio). She is the ONLY one in the GOP field who can beat Synema...and we MUST keep this seat GOP.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 03:27:17 am »
A10 Warthog pilot meaning she's got guts, smarts and determination...

The pilots with more guts and smarts fly aircraft with the 'F' designation.  McCain was a mediocre pilot, which is why he flew an A-4.  Both of them seem to have similar views on immigration.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:32:47 am by edpc »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 03:34:51 am »

The pilots with more guts and smarts fly aircraft with the 'F' designation.

Wrong. A10's are up close and personal...right in the battle. Like a tank that can fly sporting those brutal Gatling guns. For the record, I have respect for anyone who flies a combat aircraft. McSally is the only way to hold the seat, and that is factor number one...and she will be a much more reliable supporter of the President than Flake OR McCain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 03:46:32 am »
Wrong. A10's are up close and personal...right in the battle.

Wrong.  The A-10 is able to provide CAS after the fighter jocks have established air superiority.

That aside, be careful what you wish for.  We may or may not get anything on DACA by March or the midterm.  If she wins, she'll either make it a Gang of Nine in the Senate or take McCain's old Eight position, depending on his position above or below ground.

None of you that want her as Flake's replacement get to criticize Grahamnesty in the future.  They're basically the same person - Air Force Colonel tough on defense, soft on immigration.  She just has bigger ovaries than Graham.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:13:46 am by edpc »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:00 am »
She needs to win the primary out there.  We can ill afford to give away more seats.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 04:08:37 am »

Wrong.  The A-10 is able to provide CAS after the fighter jocks have established air superiority.
Which branch, when, where, what did you fly?

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 04:34:33 am »
Which branch, when, where, what did you fly?

That's not particularly relevant to whether what I said was true - which it is.

I was in the Army.  We didn't have fixed wing aircraft and I wasn't a helicopter pilot.  However, I have immediate family who were career Navy and Air Force, so my understanding of what happens in different branches is a bit more than pedestrian. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 05:09:44 am »

That's not particularly relevant to whether what I said was true - which it is.

I was in the Army.  We didn't have fixed wing aircraft and I wasn't a helicopter pilot.  However, I have immediate family who were career Navy and Air Force, so my understanding of what happens in different branches is a bit more than pedestrian.
Great. Thanks for your service. I was in the Army, too. Infantry, later personnel management (aptitude testing, records etc.)

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 05:17:53 am »
Great. Thanks for your service. I was in the Army, too. Infantry, later personnel management (aptitude testing, records etc.)

Thanks for yours.  All I did was fix radios.  Well.....that's not entirely true.  My MOS was 29E and they told us the E stood for 'everything.'  When we had no radios to repair, they brought us anything that ran on electricity.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 12:10:02 pm »
Cool.  So I assume you'll either be moving here, or dispensing the same kind of advice given to AL voters last month?

In the primary I would vote for her over Chemtrail Kelli and Birther Joe.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:22 pm »

That aside, be careful what you wish for.  We may or may not get anything on DACA by March or the midterm.  If she wins, she'll either make it a Gang of Nine in the Senate or take McCain's old Eight position, depending on his position above or below ground.

None of you that want her as Flake's replacement get to criticize Grahamnesty in the future.  They're basically the same person - Air Force Colonel tough on defense, soft on immigration.  She just has bigger ovaries than Graham.

Are you a pilot...have you been in combat with an A10 conducting CAS? Your comments indicate you have not, because establishing air superiority in places like Iraq and Afghanistan in no way compares to close up and personal ground attack missions by an Warthog. These guys fly low and slow and face all kinds of ground fire. I'm just a soldier but I thanked the stars every time one of these brave SOB's flew their A10 into the mix and took out T72's in front of us...with a Gatling gun, not some long range missile.

As for McSally, she's crystal clear that she is 100 percent supporting the Trump agenda...and that includes positions on immigration. Flake and Graham have never been on that wagon...on the contrary...they have worked tirelessly to be NT'rs like yourself. Add to this...Synema will crush any of the other potentials, so the only way to realistically keep this seat is the candidacy of a proven combat pilot who is openly declaring FOR the Trump agenda. Common sense is clear on this one, if you want to hold this seat you vote for McSally.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:18:16 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 02:28:39 pm »
She's got my vote.

On the Trump train...A10 Warthog pilot meaning she's got guts, smarts and determination...doesn't believe in chemtrails (Ward) and isn't older than Methusaleh (Arpaio). She is the ONLY one in the GOP field who can beat Synema...and we MUST keep this seat GOP.

So far she seems to be the best chance for the GOP keeping AZ.  Yes it is always easy to say we need to seat conservatives, but we are reliant upon those who come forward to fill the position. The question in my mind is will the members and majority leader of her party support her?  I'm thinking perhaps after her 'ovary' comment, maybe not.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »
Are you a pilot...have you been in combat with an A10 conducting CAS? Your comments indicate you have not, because establishing air superiority in places like Iraq and Afghanistan in no way compares to close up and personal ground attack missions by an Warthog. These guys fly low and slow and face all kinds of ground fire. I'm just a soldier but I thanked the stars every time one of these brave SOB's flew their A10 into the mix and took out T72's in front of us...with a Gatling gun, not some long range missile.

They were able to operate freely, because there was no enemy air opposition to speak of. They were perfect for operations in Afghanistan, because the altitude in some areas inhibits the helicopters’ ability to provide close air support. Just because I wasn’t a pilot does not change the fact what I said is true.

Have you ever held elective office? If not, don’t speak about politics, if direct participation is the criteria.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »
So far she seems to be the best chance for the GOP keeping AZ.  Yes it is always easy to say we need to seat conservatives, but we are reliant upon those who come forward to fill the position. The question in my mind is will the members and majority leader of her party support her?  I'm thinking perhaps after her 'ovary' comment, maybe not.

The Rule of Thumb, as defined by William F. Buckley  (IIRC) is to vote for the most conservative candidate who can win.

This seat was not a clearly Republican office in the past.  When I first moved to AZ, it had been held for years by a Dem named Deconcini, then replaced by a solidly conservative Rep, Jon Kyl.  Jeff Flake followed Kyl.

Barry Goldwater held the other seat until he retired and it went to McPain.

Meanwhile, the Governor's seat shifted back and forth.

It's not reasonable to expect a Barry Goldwater clone to win this office now that the state has gone more purple with all the immigrants from liberal states, especially CA.  Add to that, the likely Dem candidate has been successful as a House incumbent in Phoenix.  Plus, the other most likely Rep candidate is Kelli Ward, who is a "Chemtrails" conspiracy kook with a political tin ear.  84-year-old Joe Arpaio has zero chance of winning the Primary (sub-zero chance in the General), so he must be running as a hobby or something.  If she wins the Primary, I think McSally will get the support from the national Party she wants.

So far, unless somebody appears out of nowhere, McSally is the most conservative candidate who can win.  The Dem may have downtown Phoenix for a home District, but McSally has Tucson.  I've heard Matt Salmon is a possible contender, but he lost his last statewide race against Janet Napolitano (Full disclosure:  I worked for him in that Gubernatorial race, and I was disappointed in his lack of "fire in the belly"), and he's vying for being tapped to replace McCain.  The State Party is unlikely to want to replace somebody who's actively running for Flakes seat in the middle of the Primaries.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:00:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 05:14:04 pm »

@edpc

Big deal. A venereal wart would look good compared to McLunatic.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 05:17:48 pm »
Big deal. A venereal wart would look good compared to McLunatic.

Not if they’re the same person, philosophically.   Besides, she’s potentially replacing Flake.  McCain would still have a seat while he’s living.  There would just be 2 of them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:21:02 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 05:21:31 pm »
Well this thread certainly took an interesting turn into the weeds.   :pondering:  I like weeds.  I like Warthogs.  My wife like hedgehogs.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."