Author Topic: McSally now in for Trump in Arizona, as GOP tries to keep Senate seat  (Read 2676 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: McSally now in for Trump in Arizona, as GOP tries to keep Senate seat
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 05:21:49 pm »

Wrong.  The A-10 is able to provide CAS after the fighter jocks have established air superiority.

That aside, be careful what you wish for.  We may or may not get anything on DACA by March or the midterm.  If she wins, she'll either make it a Gang of Nine in the Senate or take McCain's old Eight position, depending on his position above or below ground.

None of you that want her as Flake's replacement get to criticize Grahamnesty in the future.  They're basically the same person - Air Force Colonel tough on defense, soft on immigration.  She just has bigger ovaries than Graham.

@edpc

Fighter jocks are now geeks whose electronics fight the electronics of the fighter geeks on the other side,sometimes from miles away. They almost never have to worry about ground fire.

On the other hand,ground support aircraft have to get down low and slow,and not only face rifle fire,but 20mm and 37mm anti-aircraft guns. I've seen A1 Skyraider pilots come in low enough I could look over from the hill top and see them smiling and waving at me as they finished their gun or bomb run,and don't get me started on all the fire helicopter gun ships take.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 05:26:37 pm »
Fighter jocks are now geeks whose electronics fight the electronics of the fighter geeks on the other side,sometimes from miles away. They almost never have to worry about ground fire.

O’Grady and Speicher may disagree.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 05:28:19 pm »

Not if they’re the same person, philosophically.   Besides, she’s potentially replacing Flake.  McCain would still have a seat while he’s living.  There would just be 2 of them.

I don't happen to think she would be the equivalent of Flake or McCain.  But that's just my opinion of future events, and neither you or I can foresee them.  That said, I think I have a pretty clear view of the existing field of candidates, and I meet your stated preference for somebody who has some direct political experience.  Mrs. Liberty and I have been involved in AZ politics for quite a while.  I, personally, have been since the 80's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »
Great. Thanks for your service. I was in the Army, too. Infantry, later personnel management (aptitude testing, records etc.)
@truth_seeker
@edpc

I agree with both of you.

I was Army ADA from ‘76 to ‘84. Was a platoon leader for Chaparral and  Towed Vulcan platoons. Lived in the BOQ my first year in Germany, spent many hours in the Hahn AB O’Club. My last two years in Germany were at Battalion HQ at Spangdahlem, and the O Club was across the street.

We had a healthy rivalry with the fighter jocks.

A-10 pilots flew close combat missions in a subsonic aircraft. They were much more effective when the enemy’s air defenses were neutralized. Tests were performed at Fort Bliss in the early 80s on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle’s potential in an air defense role. The results were “disappointing”. lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:49 pm »

They were able to operate freely, because there was no enemy air opposition to speak of. They were perfect for operations in Afghanistan, because the altitude in some areas inhibits the helicopters’ ability to provide close air support. Just because I wasn’t a pilot does not change the fact what I said is true.

Have you ever held elective office? If not, don’t speak about politics, if direct participation is the criteria.

Its not the fact that you're not a pilot that disqualifies you, its your lack of understanding of military tactics...attaining air superiority in Afghanistan and Iraq against non-existent enemy air forces was hardly more dangerous than flying close air support in an A10 warthog against sometimes fierce ground fire. Enough said.

As to the ovaries comment, that's going to GAIN her support out here...not weaken it. She's taking a Trump "plain talk" approach to compliment her solid establishment credentials with Arizona voters...a smart tactic and one that is clearly effective.

If not McSally...then who? There really is no one else who is not nuts, too old, or too unknown to have a chance. I'd love to hear who you think should win the GOP nomination out here edpc.

She is FOR the wall, BTW, so she's right there with the president on immigration. As for DACA, there is no way in heck we deporting all of the dreamers...so McSally and the President are correct in their approach...which is to get as much "wall, increased border security, and the ending of chain migration" to go along with some compromise on the Dreamers. So she's no Graham on immigration...she's Trumpian, and that's right what we need right now.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 05:33:54 pm »
O’Grady and Speicher may disagree.

@edpc

I am  not familiar with either,but it doesn't really matter because there are exceptions to every rule.

IMO,the day is going to come,and it's not far off,when all the fighter pilots will be sitting in a bunker somewhere in Arizona,using digital controllers to fly and fight their aircraft.

Offline edpc

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 05:50:18 pm »
I don't happen to think she would be the equivalent of Flake or McCain.  But that's just my opinion of future events, and neither you or I can foresee them.  That said, I think I have a pretty clear view of the existing field of candidates, and I meet your stated preference for somebody who has some direct political experience.  Mrs. Liberty and I have been involved in AZ politics for quite a while.  I, personally, have been since the 80's.

Her stated positions on immigration are what they are.   If you feel she is the most conservative of the group, that’s fine, but realize what you’re buying as part of the entire package.

As far as being politically active goes, that’s hardly the point. I was responding to another poster suggesting you need to be a pilot to comment on such things.  That, of course, is nonsense.  As the saying goes, if experience is required, then only the dead could write obituaries.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 05:50:50 pm »
Its not the fact that you're not a pilot that disqualifies you, its your lack of understanding of military tactics...attaining air superiority in Afghanistan and Iraq against non-existent enemy air forces was hardly more dangerous than flying close air support in an A10 warthog against sometimes fierce ground fire. Enough said.

As to the ovaries comment, that's going to GAIN her support out here...not weaken it. She's taking a Trump "plain talk" approach to compliment her solid establishment credentials with Arizona voters...a smart tactic and one that is clearly effective.

If not McSally...then who? There really is no one else who is not nuts, too old, or too unknown to have a chance. I'd love to hear who you think should win the GOP nomination out here edpc.

She is FOR the wall, BTW, so she's right there with the president on immigration. As for DACA, there is no way in heck we deporting all of the dreamers...so McSally and the President are correct in their approach...which is to get as much "wall, increased border security, and the ending of chain migration" to go along with some compromise on the Dreamers. So she's no Graham on immigration...she's Trumpian, and that's right what we need right now.

You sound pretty familiar with my turf.  We may have bumped into each other doing Party stuff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 05:53:10 pm »

Her stated positions on immigration are what they are.   If you feel she is the most conservative of the group, that’s fine, but realize what you’re buying as part of the entire package.

Have I somehow given the impression I have some kind of stars in my eyes?  I've repeatedly stated I don't trust politicians...any of them.  I know full well what the package contains.

As far as the discussion of pilots is concerned, I consider that off-topic and something I am not qualified to discuss.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:54:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »

Funny.  I seem to understand the lack of enemy air opposition is the definition of air superiority, which is the environment the A-10 requires for operation.  Had their been hostile aircraft, they’d either have cover, or the mission would have been handled by F-16s.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:06:31 pm by edpc »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 06:51:19 pm »

Funny.  I seem to understand the lack of enemy air opposition is the definition of air superiority, which is the environment the A-10 requires for operation.  Had their been hostile aircraft, they’d either have cover, or the mission would have been handled by F-16s.

You asserted it was less courageous to fly ground support...in places like Afghanistan and Iraq...than it was to fly air superiority coverage. You were wrong, as there is virtually zero opposition to attaining air superiority in those locations. Thus, as I said, an A10 pilot in that environment is far more at risk than some flying cover...its just not a debatable point...it would be more honest of you simply to acknowledge that you were off on that issue. But this IS off topic, so I'm letting go.

So...again...if not McSally, who would you want AZ voters to vote for?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 06:58:38 pm »
You sound pretty familiar with my turf.  We may have bumped into each other doing Party stuff.

Well, I live out here in Gilbert...a wonderful little town....kinda limited on how active I can be in campaigns though (as a Federal Officer I can't be directly involved in campaigning). I have volunteered a few times to help with setting up some logistical stuff at our local school here when certain politicians have visited. Look to get more involved when a retire...which is a ways off yet!

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 07:03:47 pm »
You asserted it was less courageous to fly ground support...in places like Afghanistan and Iraq...than it was to fly air superiority coverage. You were wrong, as there is virtually zero opposition to attaining air superiority in those locations. Thus, as I said, an A10 pilot in that environment is far more at risk than some flying cover...its just not a debatable point...it would be more honest of you simply to acknowledge that you were off on that issue. But this IS off topic, so I'm letting go.

So...again...if not McSally, who would you want AZ voters to vote for?

Actually, I asserted the better pilots get the better aircraft assignments, which is true.  At least be accurate about what I said, if you’re going to spend so much time critiquing it, then saying nevermind.

The AZ voters can choose whoever they want.  However, they lose credibility in any future mention of McCain, Graham, and the Gang of Eight when she’s got the same immigration stance.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:04:20 pm by edpc »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 07:12:18 pm »
Well, I live out here in Gilbert...a wonderful little town....kinda limited on how active I can be in campaigns though (as a Federal Officer I can't be directly involved in campaigning). I have volunteered a few times to help with setting up some logistical stuff at our local school here when certain politicians have visited. Look to get more involved when a retire...which is a ways off yet!

Chandler here. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 07:14:15 pm »

Actually, I asserted the better pilots get the better aircraft assignments, which is true.  At least be accurate about what I said, if you’re going to spend so much time critiquing it, then saying nevermind.

The AZ voters can choose whoever they want.  However, they lose credibility in any future mention of McCain, Graham, and the Gang of Eight when she’s got the same immigration stance.

The proof of the pudding is going to be in the tasting.  Also, there are a lot of people who are not one-issue voters.  "Credibility" is in the eye of the beholder.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 07:14:31 pm »
Chandler here.

I have played Club West a few times.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 07:43:01 pm »

I have played Club West a few times.

I never was much of a golfer.  I played some as a kid.  Chasing a little white ball all over a cow pasture is not a good hobby for somebody with OCD like me...
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:16 pm »
I never was much of a golfer.  I played some as a kid.  Chasing a little white ball all over a cow pasture is not a good hobby for somebody with OCD like me...

@Cyber Liberty

Huh? I thought OCD was the prime REQUIREMENT for people that commit golf on a regular basis?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:44:22 pm by sneakypete »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:29 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Huh? I thought OCD was the prime REQUIREMENT for people that commit golf on a regular basis?

It's a bit of a paradox.  What makes you good at the sport makes it a primary cause of a heart attack from frustration.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 11:38:30 pm »
It's a bit of a paradox.  What makes you good at the sport makes it a primary cause of a heart attack from frustration.

@Cyber Liberty

Not that *I* personally know anything about being OCD you understand,but it's a lot like being a compulsive gambler. You ARE going to make that losing bet again because THIS time it's going to work for you,and then you are surprised and get a little nuts when it doesn't.

One of life's ironies is that people who are compulsive should NEVER play golf,and if it weren't for compulsive players,there would be no golf courses.

"THIS" time I am going to do it perfectly.........!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 11:42:37 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Not that *I* personally know anything about being OCD you understand,but it's a lot like being a compulsive gambler. You ARE going to make that losing bet again because THIS time it's going to work for you,and then you are surprised and get a little nuts when it doesn't.

One of life's ironies is that people who are compulsive should NEVER play golf,and if it weren't for compulsive players,there would be no golf courses.

"THIS" time I am going to do it perfectly.........!

You got it. :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2018, 01:17:34 am »
OK ... so did a little research.  She's not who she proclaims to be.  She was given a 'F' rating by conservative review...so...it appears that Ward is the best bet.  Look at McSally's record (scroll down):

https://pdfgenerator.conservativereview.com/pdf/412611.pdf#page=1
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 01:27:43 am »
OK ... so did a little research.  She's not who she proclaims to be.  She was given a 'F' rating by conservative review...so...it appears that Ward is the best bet.  Look at McSally's record (scroll down):

Unfortunately Ward will get killed by the press going to the General.  I agree she'd be the better Senator, but she'll never be one.  It's too bad, I always liked her.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2018, 02:09:49 am »
Wrong. A10's are up close and personal...right in the battle. Like a tank that can fly sporting those brutal Gatling guns. For the record, I have respect for anyone who flies a combat aircraft. McSally is the only way to hold the seat, and that is factor number one...and she will be a much more reliable supporter of the President than Flake OR McCain.

Aside from which aircraft has the most macho pilots, I think your post is right on. 

We need to find the best possible person to hold the seat for Republicans.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 02:15:27 am »

Yeah, I clicked on that.

It looks like her worst record (conservative-wise) is on immigration and immigration is the top issue for a lot of people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.