Author Topic: 7 simple steps to boosting energy  (Read 601 times)

rangerrebew

7 simple steps to boosting energy
« on: January 07, 2018, 02:24:15 pm »
 7 simple steps to boosting energy

By Mandy J. Strong
Mandy Strong

Do you wake up feeling sluggish most mornings? Have caffeinated beverages become a necessity to help power you through the day? If this sounds familiar, it's time to ditch the quick fixes you rely on and develop an energy management plan. Getting started may seem daunting, but you'll soon be energized to keep going once you reap the benefits of a happier, healthier and more productive lifestyle.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/7-simple-steps-to-boosting-energy/art-20305553

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: 7 simple steps to boosting energy
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 02:28:24 pm »
Water. Caffeine.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
@rangerrebew

When I was checking the best foods to store for an emergency, I found Sweet Potatoes.  They are nothing like white potatoes which are basically just starch and raise your sugar level quickly.

Sweet Potatoes have high nutrition, maybe more than any other food, even if they are canned.

"Its calorie content mainly comes from starch, a complex carbohydrate. Sweet potato has higher amylose to amylopectin ratio than that in potato. Amylose raises the blood sugar levels rather slowly on comparison to simple fruit sugars (fructose, glucose, etc.) and therefore, recommended as a healthy food even in diabetes.

The tuber is an excellent source of flavonoid phenolic compounds such as beta-carotene and vitamin-A. 100 g of tuber provides 14,187 IU of vitamin-A and 8,509 µg of ß-carotene, a value which is the highest for any root vegetables. These compounds are powerful natural antioxidants. Vitamin-A is also required for the human body to maintain the integrity of mucosa and skin. It is a vital nutrient for healthy vision. Consumption of natural vegetables and fruits rich in flavonoids helps protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.

The total antioxidant strength of raw sweet potato measured in terms of oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is 902 µmol TE/100 g.

The tubers are packed with many essential vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), and thiamin (vitamin B-1), niacin, and riboflavin. These vitamins are essential in the sense that the human body requires them from external sources to replenish. These vitamins function as cofactors for various enzymes during metabolism.

Sweet potato provides a good amount of vital minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and potassium that are essential for enzyme, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:36:16 am »
I don't doubt that at all @Victoria33

JayRobb, a maker of health foods sold these "Yammits" that taste largely like corn flakes imo; but I thought they were pretty good. A bit expensive, hence, the store stopped selling them.

They were small little nuggets.

So, there might be a slight difference between yams and sweet potatoes but overall, I bet they are very similar.

Maybe one can reap the same benefits in purchasing these in any manner, raw or I have some pre-mixed mashed sweet potatoes currently.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:36:51 am by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:41:50 am »
@TomSea

Sometimes, you and I agree.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:00:02 am »
They are missing #8: