Author Topic: Have scientists programmed GMO food to reduce the population? Evidence suggests reduced sperm count  (Read 1084 times)

rangerrebew

Have scientists programmed GMO food to reduce the population? Evidence suggests reduced sperm counts, especially in black men, are a result of weaponized food

Thursday, November 16, 2017 by: Isabelle Z.   

(Natural News) Could a new technology for weaponizing food known as RNA interference be used for population control?

Genetic engineers found a way to make food crops grow fragments of RNA that they can use bioweapon-style to interfere with the physiological properties of any species eating the food. For example, it can cause corn to grow characteristics that will kill pests when they eat it so pesticides won’t be needed at all. This, of course, is presented as good news for humanity as it could eliminate the need for pesticides, but there is a huge caveat: This same technology could also be used to target not just pests but also human beings.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-11-16-have-scientists-programmed-gmo-food-to-reduce-the-population-evidence-suggests-reduced-sperm-counts-especially-in-black-men-are-a-result-of-weaponized-food.html

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Oh for pete's sake, rangerebew. Even for you this is dumb.

Offline endicom

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sounds nuts but the UN does consider over population as the world's biggest problem.   Many many of the decisions made are an effort to reduce the population.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Could it be done? I don't doubt it. The tech is already there. Has it been done? I don't know.

What I don't like about GMO's is that the expression of the introduced genes might put out products the body can't handle, and they really don't do any tests to see if that might be the case. So whether deliberate or not, GMO's might not be the best thing to be feasting on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Could it be done? I don't doubt it. The tech is already there. Has it been done? I don't know.

What I don't like about GMO's is that the expression of the introduced genes might put out products the body can't handle, and they really don't do any tests to see if that might be the case. So whether deliberate or not, GMO's might not be the best thing to be feasting on.

Goat/spider milk.   Yumm
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Goat/spider milk.   Yumm

Yes, what could possibly go wrong with that?

Online roamer_1

More than that, there is no way to put this particular genie back in the bottle.
GMO plants are released in the wild, imposing their modified genes into natural processes - literally infecting natural foods and species. Very risky business.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
More than that, there is no way to put this particular genie back in the bottle.
GMO plants are released in the wild, imposing their modified genes into natural processes - literally infecting natural foods and species. Very risky business.

Very good point. There have been cases where GMO plants can suddenly cross with more distant relatives they couldn't cross with before.

The problem is there is zero investigation as to the effects. We wouldn't directly implant humans with foreign genes in experiments, so why are we doing it indirectly?
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

We wouldn't directly implant humans with foreign genes in experiments [...]

That, I believe is not true now, nor for many years... And in another decade, will be definitively untrue.
The legal arguments are being formed now to determine how to extend the rights of humans to things that are less than human. Human hybridism and human/mechanical interface are the two legs of transhumanism, quickly becoming commonplace.

Hold on... It's going to be a bumpy ride. What does one do with a genetically modified 'super soldier'? That question is soon to come. How does such a thing retire and become part of our social order? Does it have full rights as human? Can we allow it to breed? Do we have the right to tell it not to breed?

The hubris is astounding.

Offline thackney

We wouldn't directly implant humans with foreign genes in experiments

FDA announces first US gene therapy approval for cancer treatment
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/health/fda-first-gene-therapy-leukemia/index.html

...Each dose of Kymriah contains a patient's own immune cells, which are sent to a lab to be genetically modified using a virus. This therapy -- known as chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy, or CAR-T -- gives the cells the ability to recognize and kill the source of the cancer....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
FDA announces first US gene therapy approval for cancer treatment
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/health/fda-first-gene-therapy-leukemia/index.html

...Each dose of Kymriah contains a patient's own immune cells, which are sent to a lab to be genetically modified using a virus. This therapy -- known as chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy, or CAR-T -- gives the cells the ability to recognize and kill the source of the cancer....

Well krikey, I guess that shoots that theory to crap. I hope and pray their little experiments don't have bad unintended consequences.
The Republic is lost.

Offline thackney

Well krikey, I guess that shoots that theory to crap. I hope and pray their little experiments don't have bad unintended consequences.

And there are others, that was just the first on the search I grabbed.

Cheers!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline aligncare

Get up on the wrong side of the bed? ranger is a valued posting machine and does not deserve to be put down by anybody. Now, I’ll allow that stab was probably meant for the article and not for our fine member, @rangerrebew.

Offline Joe Wooten

Yes, what could possibly go wrong with that?

Done not for food, but for creating large amounts of spider silk, one of the strongest fibers known.

Offline anubias

That was rude!  @rangerrebew takes the time to feed us content on a daily basis.  I, for one, appreciate it.  Why don’t you STFU and STFD unless you intend to post as much as he does?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Done not for food, but for creating large amounts of spider silk, one of the strongest fibers known.

I know, I was just following the post I was commenting on.

Online DB

Naturalnews.com is a bit like Infowars.com...

Full of fake science and conspiracies that sound "logical"...

Offline Suppressed

human/mechanical interface

I long for effective HMI.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online roamer_1

I long for effective HMI.

I am going quite the other way, I assure you (a funny thing for a geek to say). Old tools with wooden handles give me satisfaction...