Author Topic: Sessions orders DOJ review after report Obama administration gave Hezbollah a pass  (Read 817 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sessions orders DOJ review after report Obama administration gave Hezbollah a pass
Fox News, Dec 22, 2017, Alex Pappas, Jake Gibson

EXCLUSIVE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions is launching a review of a law enforcement initiative called Project Cassandra after an investigative report was published this week claiming the Obama administration gave a free pass to Hezbollah’s drug-trafficking and money-laundering operations to help ensure the Iran nuclear deal would stay on track.

The Justice Department said in a statement to Fox News that Sessions on Friday directed a review “to evaluate allegations that certain matters were not properly prosecuted and to ensure all matters are appropriately handled.”

“While I am hopeful that there were no barriers constructed by the last administration to allowing DEA agents to fully bring all appropriate cases under Project Cassandra, this is a significant issue for the protection of Americans,” Sessions said in a written statement. “We will review these matters and give full support to investigations of violent drug trafficking organizations.”

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/22/sessions-orders-doj-review-after-report-obama-administration-gave-hezbollah-pass.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OK, Sessions, it's time to put on your big boy pants and do the right thing.

Offline Applewood

I still don't believe anything will come of us.  Obama and his fellow Dems are like Teflon.  Nothing sticks to them. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I still don't believe anything will come of us.  Obama and his fellow Dems are like Teflon.  Nothing sticks to them.

Nothing will happen to them because they're politicians and its how the game is played.

Letting democrats walk is insurance that republicans will walk. I realize the usual suspects will screech and throw a cute little tantrum but they can't name any major crime a a high ranking republican has been convicted of.

The Keating 5 come to mind.

Offline kidd

There are several examples of where Obama chose not to enforce the law.
In this case, he chose not to help with a program that targeted Hezbollah.

Dangerous? Yes.
Immoral? Yes.
Irresponsible? Yes.
Politically motivated? Yes.
Part of a pro-Muslim agenda? Probably yes.

Illegal? Probably not.