Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 90617 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2017, 03:40:55 am »
Does this mean Al Franken does have to resign?

I wonder if he will now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:02 am »

IMHO he'd have stayed on if Moore had won.

Now he's gonna be pushed out and again...in IMO...be replaced by Keith X Ellison.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:43:35 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:27 am »

Who cares? Then we get Pence. He may be the better President anyway. I have no fear of impeachment.

They won't stop with Trump...Pence would be vulnerable too
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:40 am »
The populist portion of the voter base will continue to nominate fringe candidates unable to win statewide election... but they won't blame themselves when Democrats take control again.

Remember this happening for Harry Reid?  He was extremely vulnerable but the voters put up Sharon Angle instead...

The good news is the Democrats are as dysfunctional as we are, but they can certainly unite in opposition to Trump.

Maybe Steve Bannon should just f**k off.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:46 am »
Now that the DEMS have won by way of sexual misconduct accusations they will continue to hound Trump and call for him to step down for sexual misconduct...the timing of the woman who has come forward (again) accusing Trump of groping is perfectly aligned with Jones' win.

Agree @libertybele   And Republicans/Conservatives will begin another endless debate on the validity of the charges further dividing and weakening the party.

Democrats know how to fight a war ... and they don't care that we know their strongest weapon is the media.  It still works for them.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:51 am »
apparently people believed those accusations including Trump's daughter

Some portion of the population always believes bad things about someone they don't like anyway.  What would the New York Liberal Darling want with  a Bible Thumper like Moore anyways?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Variant

• Down with populism...
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2017, 03:43:15 am »
I wonder if he will now.

Count on it.  The accusations are an albatross in a party where they hang their hats on finding albotrosses.  Plus, the Dems can replace him with a Dem and Minnesota probably will be reliably blue in a special election thanks to Congress' incompetence and Trump's inability to stop tweeting stupid stuff.

Franken is gone.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2017, 03:43:30 am »
Poll should be  Will Franken resign....I am saying no
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:43 am »

Now that the election is over, no.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:45 am »
The voters of Alabama chose him, Moore in the primaries, the Wapo came in with their story. I'm not just going to saddle certain parties with blame, it looks like there is a lot to go around.

I only blame one group.  Those who accepted the unverified and contradictory claims at face value,  spread them around,  and as a result lent aid and comfort to the enemy.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:04 am »
They won't stop with Trump...Pence would be vulnerable too

Maybe. But it won't be so easy. Pence doesn't tease the lion like Trump is so fond of doing. He doesn't have the checkered past that Trump has. It will be much harder for them to pin him down, especially in the time remaining until the next election.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:41 am »

Well,  that 1% of the power of the Senate looks pretty powerful when the split between the two halves is ~ 50%

That 1% can sometimes control 100% of the result.   

Big forces wanted to make sure that 1% ended up under their control. 

I wanted to make that point to you before,  but I couldn't think of the proper way to phrase it to make the point clear.   

Yeah and even if the GOP had 100% of the power they would do nothing, because they are all professional losers just like Jesus Freak and admitted child dater Roy Moore.

Wrap your head around the fact that a solid red state just voted for a Communist abortionist and everyone with an R after their named just sighed in relief to not be burdened with leadership anymore. I'll be Paul Ryan was so excited he ran to the gym to pump some irons with the other sweaty boys there.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:43 am »
Moore ran for Gov twice and lost....per Fox

Moore's team not conceding yet
Support the USO

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:05 am »

It depends   If the dems think they have a chance of gaining traction with sexual misconduct claims on Trump they would push out their own grandmother.  If it looks like the smear on trump is going nowhere Franken will stay and loudly proclaim if Trump doesn’t have to resign neither will he....

God is still in control

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:05 am »
So, Fox didn't get their polling perfect but I guess, better than those who said Moore was going to win. I also heard earlier, the turnout was 25% of eligible voters. I'd blame the voters as much as anyone if this is so and the Dems were more energized.

The accusations made a lot of people sit out the election.    They couldn't vote for Jones,  and they decided they wouldn't vote for Moore.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:09 am »
But what would they get Pence for?  Certainly not any sexual impropriety.

He was built in Taiwan, so not an NBC.

« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:35 am »

He's got to so they can now focus on the President. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:59 am »
Agree @libertybele   And Republicans/Conservatives will begin another endless debate on the validity of the charges further dividing and weakening the party.

Sure.  And I'll bet we know which Briefers would lead the way....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2017, 03:47:03 am »

We're talking about the Dems...they would invent something...
Support the USO

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2017, 03:47:28 am »
If I were in Alabama I would have stayed home.  You can only hold your nose so long.  The dems win twice here.  They get the seat and they get to paint conservative Christians as sanctimonious nut jobs

Because we'll get another chance to stop baby murder in about 40 more years or so.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Variant

• Down with populism...
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:03 am »

Maybe. But it won't be so easy. Pence doesn't tease the lion like Trump is so fond of doing. He doesn't have the checkered past that Trump has. It will be much harder for them to pin him down, especially in the time remaining until the next election.

Pence would appear to be squeaky clean, but honestly, I assume every politician is sleazy.  I think you almost need to be to succeed at most any level of politics, much less the national level and if we limit ourselves to the pure, we won't have anyone to vote for.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:03 am »
Mitch screwed up another solid victory, but solidified his majority of losers with his bud Chuckie. Now he gets to live with his decisions. I feel sorry for the country and Alabama, but not for the GOPe. They got what they wanted. I don’t want to hear a sorry assed peep from them about not able to get a majority to vote for anything. F#$@& off the whole lot of them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:04 am »

The very same could have been said about Moore not 60 days ago.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:32 am »
Mitch screwed up another solid victory, but solidified his majority of losers with his bud Chuckie. Now he gets to live with his decisions. I feel sorry for the country and Alabama, but not for the GOPe. They got what they wanted. I don’t want to hear a sorry assed peep from them about not able to get a majority to vote for anything. F#$@& off the whole lot of them.

Oh, Mitch is a very happy man tonight.

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:32 am »
Moore ran for Gov twice and lost....per Fox 

Whatever made Bannon think Moore could win a Senate seat??